The discovery thread!
Oct 29, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #38,806 of 100,422
MT100 with a few more hours and the vocals just jumped into focus. This little beauty just needs the dreaded burn in

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #38,807 of 100,422
MT100 does not have the best isolation amost at ear bud level but does not leak much. I had my wife lean towards me and she only heard them when pressed against me

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #38,808 of 100,422
5-700x700.JPG
Another new contender in the $150ish range hybrid game.

Whizzer A-HE03.
  • Model: A-HE03
  • Material: aluminum magnesium alloy
  • Driver: 10.0mm Beryllium Dynamic driver + Knowles 2BA
  • Sensitivity : 98 dB SPL/mW
  • Impedance : 28 Ω
  • Frequency response range : 12Hz-40Khz
  • Connector: 2Pin
  • Plug: 3.5mm
  • Cable : 120 cm 5N OFC+SPC 120mm braided line
  • Outer packing size: 160X140X80(mm)
Damn! These look awesome

Oct 29, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #38,810 of 100,422
MT100 does not have the best isolation amost at ear bud level but does not leak much. I had my wife lean towards me and she only heard them when pressed against me
And mine claims she hears my MT100 through when she listening to her ear buds.
Again, I hear quite loud.

This might also explain why I have trouble with sharp or piercing upper registers on certain IEMs which you don't have. Because you listening to the music with lower volume and don't get so often into the volume regions where these starts to occur.

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #38,813 of 100,422
Disappointing, because the shell is uncomfortable or because just copied?

As long as the shell is comfortable I am fine with copies because I am looking for best (and maybe unique) (technics and) sound, not unique and fancy shell design. But that's just my opinion.
Confirmed per Chinese IEM thread that it's the A6. Disappointing bc they copied a shell. The LZA2 was somewhat original, A3 more original, A4 really original, A5 somewhat original and the A6 is literally just the Hibiki shell with a different outer design that isn't Carbon Fiber.

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #38,814 of 100,422
Okay. So a 150 hours of burn in on the DM6, and these are a steal for 200 dollars.
Bass is fast, and punchy, decay is natural and quick, does not bleed into the mids at all. Mids are dead center, neither recessed, nor forward, balanced, just right.
Treble is airy and lots of sparkle.
Overall, neutral signature, with bass thump of a dynamic.
Very easy to drive.
Big up to Hawaii Bad Boy, the dude knows his equipment.
Much respect.
ADD: vocals sounded muffled and muddy till I switched to foam tips, I had some comply 400 audiophile foams laying around, and it brought these to life for me.
So tip rolling is a must. Vocals should be crystal clear, and not muffled, if they are muffled, keep switching tips.
I am very very impressed.
If you are on the fence, jump in head first.
Edit: RHA biflange work really well for me too.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #38,815 of 100,422
Oct 29, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #38,816 of 100,422
Well
Okay. So a 150 hours of burn in on the DM6, and these are a steal for 200 dollars.
Bass is fast, and punchy, decay is natural and quick, does not bleed into the mids at all. Mids are dead center, neither recessed, nor forward, balanced, just right.
Treble is airy and lots of sparkle.
Overall, neutral signature, with bass thump of a dynamic.
Very easy to drive.
Big up to Hawaii Bad Boy, the dude knows his equipment.
Much respect.
ADD: vocals sounded muffled and muddy till I switched to foam tips, I had some comply 400 audiophile foams laying around, and it brought these to life for me.
So tip rolling is a must. Vocals should be crystal clear, and not muffled, if they are muffled, keep switching tips.
I am very very impressed.
If you are on the fence, jump in head first.
Sounds like you're describing the Andromeda....

The dm6+**** mt100/toneking bl1 planar, OR the rha cl2? That's the question for me. In the cl2 thread you said there was no comparison between dm6 and cl2, but that was ages ago....

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #38,817 of 100,422
Well

Sounds like you're describing the Andromeda....

The dm6+**** mt100/toneking bl1 planar, OR the rha cl2? That's the question for me. In the cl2 thread you said there was no comparison between dm6 and cl2, but that was ages ago....
Disregard that earlier comparison, that was the DM6 straight out of the box.
Brand new, no burn in, they were death incarnate. Let me put it this way.....get these.
Probably will be the best 200 dollars you have ever spent.
I would then save up and get the CL2.
Edit: these have no business being as good as they are for 200 bucks. I thought it was hype when HBB was saying that he would take these over the audio 64 u12, but I believe it now.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #38,818 of 100,422
I still think the CL2 are in a different class, as far as i am concerned those are top S class iems. These are a solid A+, and considering the price, probably one of the best value for performance out there.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #38,819 of 100,422
The DM6 need, and I mean neeeeed a good copper cable to get the best out of them. I would pick these over the campfire vega, no hesitation. Don't know about the andromeda, I haven't heard those, but I am sure someone who has, will come chime in eventually.
Edit: I just ordered a 2nd one for my sister :)

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #38,820 of 100,422
Stop it, I told myself I won´t spend more than $100 on a pair of iems (especially after I bought and modded the Evos Palais for $70 on sale - a match made in heaven for me).
But after watching the Bad guy´s review and reading some impressions of DM6, I don´t think I can resist anymore (I always wanted to try some multi-BA anyway..)

How is the isolation on DM6? Also I think it would be very helpful if someone could make a measurement with comparison to some known iem, just to be sure there are no peaks that could bother someone :)
11.11. is getting closer, prepare your wallets! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back