The discovery thread!
Oct 6, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #38,191 of 100,050
I ordered the DM6 from Penon and it took exactly one week to get to me in Ohio.

Tomorrow, the Chinese vendors will be coming back to work, and having to deal with all of the backlog of a couple of weeks of Holiday time off.
I'd recommend that @fuzzybabybunny contact Penon (either on AliExpress or on their website), and specifically request expedited shipping / handling.

The BGVP DM6 is available on Amazon, but they appear to be shipping from China, since they're indicating a 3 - 7 week delivery time - https://smile.amazon.com/BGVP-DM6-Customized-Audiophiles-Detachable/dp/B07HH3W82C

Oct 6, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #38,194 of 100,050
HBB- did you get the Advanced D3 Superbass yet? properly amped it is a MONSTER iem, in a good way. looking forward to your
impressions of it!!! not so much detail as the DMG, but club like sound, great tonality, and bass rivaling the old Aurisonics......keeps getting
better the more it is burned in also.......Some reports on head-fi that their more expensive multidriver iems are also really really good.

With your previous taste, drblue, how come no Finschi??

Oct 6, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #38,198 of 100,050
Jant71. I don't know about the Finishi
Would u reccomend them to me?

Yes. Yes I would. :)
(couple drawbacks; perhaps very tip dependent and the cable may have slightly loose bass bass unamped and can be microphonic so chin slider may be of more use but depends on how ear guide portion and the ears get along. I don't get much microphonics but I also do use less sealing tips.)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #38,199 of 100,050
Had a week now with my Audbos P4 and I can claim it is probably the best IEM buy I ever did in terms of price performance ratio and maybe in general, too.

So engaging, so natural and balanced and crystal clear with plenty of details and good extension to both ends.

Important for the next ratings:
I EQed the P4 -2dB at 63Hz and -3dB at 125Hz and have to mention I run it with my Samsung S9 in Adapt Sound modus (means, the App did like measure out my hearing abilities and adapts the sound which results in a slight lift in the bass and highs I would bet if I hear the difference to normal modus)

It comes so close to my Rose Mini4 and shares most strengths and exceeds even in some.

The P4 is the slightly bolder and more engaging and natural of the two and end to end extension is better and also the room feeling.
If you'd consider the Mini4 as neutral, the P4 is about 2-3 dB north in bass and continue this further to the mids at least.

Think it comes down to personal preferences or moods which to pick if you have to...The more engaging P4 or the more "reasonable" neutral Mini4.
Moods, think this gonna be the descision maker which I will pick the next time.

If I would not expecting the Mini6 the next weeks (and the MT100) I would be simply done because both, P4 and Mini4 reproduce my music such like I would expect it to be in real, live in front of me, true to life.

Unbelievable, the Audbos P4 sells for only 70€ atm

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #38,200 of 100,050
Had a week now with my Audbos P4 and I can claim it is probably the best IEM buy I ever did in terms of price performance ratio and maybe in general, too.

So engaging, so natural and balanced and crystal clear with plenty of details and good extension to both ends.

I EQed the P4 -2dB at 63Hz and -3dB at 125Hz and have to mention I run it with my Samsung S9 in Adapt Sound modus (means, the App did like measure out my hearing abilities and adapts the sound which results in a slight lift in the bass and highs I would bet if I hear the difference to normal modus)

It comes so close to my Rose Mini4 and shares most strengths and exceeds even in some.

The P4 is the slightly bolder and more engaging and natural of the two and end to end extension is better and also the room feeling.
If you'd consider the Mini4 as neutral, the P4 is about 2-3 dB north in bass and continue this further to the mids at least.

Think it comes down to personal preferences or moods which to pick if you have to...The more engaging P4 or the more "reasonable" neutral Mini4.

If I would not expecting the Mini6 the next weeks (and the MT100) I would be simply done because both, P4 and Mini4 reproduce my music such like I would expect it to be in real, live in front of me, true to life.

Nice impressions thanks!

Would you still recommend them if I don't use EQ?

Edit: What worries me is that you EQ down the midbass. I'm usually quite sensitive for too much energy in this area.....

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #38,201 of 100,050

Thanks for your feedback, what do you think about bass and sub bass in terms os quality and quantity??

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #38,202 of 100,050
Nice impressions thanks!

Would you still recommend them if I don't use EQ?
Hi Peter. I remember you stated somewhere you never EQ.
Yes, it is still a save recommendation I can do. Especially considering I am most times considerable as a sort of slightly bass shy.

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #38,203 of 100,050
I’ll be getting my DM6 pair on Tuesday. I’m excited to compare them to my IT-O3 IBasso and my Fidue A83, since they are in the same general price range (actually the DM6 was a lot cheaper with discounts). So I’ve been listening up on these two so I can make a fair comparison.
You mean with voucher discounts??

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #38,204 of 100,050
Thanks for your feedback, what do you think about bass and sub bass in terms os quality and quantity??
There is an "official" review of the Audbos P4 here at head.fi. I share most (except e.g. the P4 needs extra power or to be driven balanced) of the impressions made there. I encourage you to read this. Think this can answer all open questions best.
Quantity and quality sounds to my ears very good after EQing and still good unEQed

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #38,205 of 100,050
Hi Peter. I remember you stated somewhere you never EQ.
Yes, it is still a save recommendation I can do. Especially considering I am most times considerable as a sort of slightly bass shy.
Apparently, they don't have much headroom for EQ'ing extra bass and sub bass - mine arrive soon so I'll post my findings.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back