I wonder whom it might be :blush::blush::blush:

one or two more days before I post anything :ghost:

giphy.gif

HK6 out for delivery :smile:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

May 25, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #36,350 of 100,485
@thejoker13
Somehow I doubt this. I think more people would have given them negative press. I bought my pair on discount as well. I did ask him about variations in drivers and design and he has confirmed to me that each HK6 is exactly the same.

From Jim
"We have about 150 Japanese buyers got the HK6,all provide good feedback."

I can however see a few falling though the cracks. If any of you guys that get the HK6 feel there is something off to the sound I would not hesitate to contact Jim.

Thus far they have done everything in their power to appease the customer and that is something I can't say about a lot of them Chinese vendors.

Plus if I had any inclination that they would botch up on the QC of my DZ12 there was no way I was gonna spend that kind of money on them. Both earphones are high quality as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #36,355 of 100,485
I'll hold my detailed sound impressions til they have burned in a bit. Listened for about an hour. These, at the moment, are not very forgiving of poorly recorded music. Hearing some things I haven't heard before in my music. Hoping lowest registers of bass pick up a bit.

Build is very nice. Isolation is the best Ive ever had lol. Guessing it's fully sealed plus the shape. Using KZ Stars ATM. Been tip rolling a bit.

Triton8 Hybrid cables with Pioneer 300R

20180525_150848.jpg

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #36,356 of 100,485
@thejoker13
Somehow I doubt this. I think more people would have given them negative press. I bought my pair on discount as well. I did ask him about variations in drivers and design and he has confirmed to me that each HK6 is exactly the same.

From Jim
"We have about 150 Japanese buyers got the HK6,all provide good feedback."

I can however see a few falling though the cracks. If any of you guys that get the HK6 feel there is something off to the sound I would not hesitate to contact Jim.

Thus far they have done everything in their power to appease the customer and that is something I can't say about a lot of them Chinese vendors.

Plus if I had any inclination that they would botch up on the QC of my DZ12 there was no way I was gonna spend that kind of money on them. Both earphones are high quality as far as I am concerned.
I hope you're right. I'd love to get a pair, if I knew for certain that they'd be like the pair you received. I know how happy you are with yours! I'm going to wait and see how some of the other impressions turn out, as it seems like a good amount of Headfi members have been snapping them up.

May 25, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #36,357 of 100,485
I also really hope someone (other than me, as my wallet has been fighting with me lately) gets the Toneking T88K or the Toneking T66S and gives their impressions. I look at them everyday and wonder what they're like. I LOVE my nine tails and wonder what they could do with their flagships.

May 26, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #36,359 of 100,485
The HK6, are tip picky. Like really tip picky. I finally settled on Small Wide Symbios. I never use these tips lol. So glad I have them, sound was seeming a bit off, like a lack of cohesion throughout the frequencies. Now everything comes together nicely painting a beautiful picture of sound for my brain. Using JLab Audio Burn In track has definitely brought the lower registers of bass to life.

May 27, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #36,360 of 100,485
Considering that I was finding success with Small Symbio I swapped on Small KZ Stars (Black). Yeah, deep insertion is what these HK6 need for me. If they aren't deep I find a lack of clarity in the mids. Pretty drastic difference.

$10 Amazon coupon and $6 Amazon Visa rewards means $6 shipped for the MS Spiral Dots. Gonna give them a try Tuesday.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back