The discovery thread!
May 24, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #36,316 of 100,474
Just a thought. I suppose a good warranty is especially important the more drivers you have. Risk of failure goes up no?
Could'nt find any warranty info for HK6 at the recommended store:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...ature-Detachable-Detach-MMCX/32855827580.html
Sent them a question about it. Let's see what they say.

The EU warranty of 2 years only covers items bought in EU. So what Aliexpress claims under Seller Guarantee is incorrect:
The seller must comply with other relevant requirements (guarantee, return, etc.) that may be applicable depending on your location as buyer. For instance, in most EU countries you are generally entitled to a 2-year legal conformity guarantee and 14-day free return (please note that in case of return, the buyer needs to cover the cost of returning the products to the seller).

May 24, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #36,318 of 100,474
Jays q-jays 10 year anniversary edition is my daily driver. Just listened to them för a couple a minutes ago. And I have to say that this is one of the most balanced earphones that I have ever heard. I am in audioheaven right now. I was lucky to get one of only 200 made. But they do have the regular jays q-jays and its the same internals as this.

Wonderful and crispy clear vocals. Balanced and punchy mids. And very well balanced lows and subbas even with only 2 BA. This was the part that surprised me the most.

20180524_203612.jpg 20180524_203130.jpg

May 24, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #36,319 of 100,474
May 24, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #36,320 of 100,474
So, how is your trust level, when seeing this, "New NICEHCK MMCX Cable 2.5mm Balanced 8-core Sterling Silver Cable MMCX Cable Use For MaGaosi K5 LZ A5 NICEHCK HK6 HC5 DT300" on AliExpress? :ksc75smile:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...ble-4-Pole-Jack-Plug/1825606_32801345859.html

Do you think it's worth $110 (mobile app price), or is any better than the $40 - $80 silver plated cables?

Tldr: imo marketing bs.

Sterling silver is in fact an alloy, so highly impure silver after all.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_silver

Afaik alloys are worst (resistance wise) than pure metal even if the allied metal is of higher conductance than base metal. So 4N (99.99%) copper for example (random purity chosen) should be better, silver plated or not (silver plating is only used as a deterrent against external oxidation afaik).

Pure silver > pure copper (plated or not) > alloys.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 7:19 PM Post #36,321 of 100,474
Got my pair of the new Fender Puresonic Premium in today...
10118282.png

Saw some reviews in Japan and one here that say they are more than worth the $129 they go for. Got a new one on ebay for $49.99.

Have to say it does sound solid so far. AptX but it does sound better than my EX750BT with LDAC. $199 vs $129 though I got my EX750BT for $39.99. The Sony is neckband style and has the ability to use an auxiliary cable for FM radio listening and for use with non-BT players so it has been useful.

The Puresonic Premium does use the Fender 9.25mm driver from the better models and not that 8.5mm titanium one from their $99 cheapies. I agree with the reviews that they are pretty balanced. Not the big old Aurisonics like bass and with good tuning bottom to top end. Haven't heard it but the reviews did compare to the Rockets inspired model with the 6mm driver and say the Premium sounds bigger and a good bit better sounding even though the "Rockets" looking one sounds good to them too.

Comes with a cleaning tool, zip case, Sure Seal tips and 3 pairs of foam tips, the manuals, and USB charging cable. Only thing I don't really like is the way they wrap the cable around the plastic tray which leaves a kink in between the drivers and the control and battery pods which needs to relax to lay right(though tightening the slider does fix this). These do put the controls on the left side and there is a fourth button for power and voice assistant activation so the play/pause is also for calls/FF/RW and the volume buttons are only for volume control.

If you can get them cheap like me, I already say grab them if you are in the market(there is a wired $99 model that may compete well at that price but is fixed cable). They are IPX4 as well. Buuut, only 6 hour battery and nothing higher than aptX and AAC might not warrant the full price though they still sound good. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #36,323 of 100,474
I'm still waiting for mine, evidently it has been in the air for 5 days :)

May 24, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #36,324 of 100,474
@Dsnuts I caved in and ordered compfire comet yesterday and should be getting it sometime today. Will see how it holds up. This is the first time I am getting a campfire audio product. Probably this is the only one in my (200$) price range as well.
Really curious how it compares to likes of hk6 and sd7s...

By far the most amazing single BA I have, the NiceHck DT100:

Hmm how does this compare with hk6?
Can it still give a decent competition or nowhere close?

May 24, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #36,326 of 100,474
Got my pair of the new Fender Puresonic Premium in today...
10118282.png

Saw some reviews in Japan and one here that say they are more than worth the $129 they go for. Got a new one on ebay for $49.99.

Have to say it does sound solid so far. AptX but it does sound better than my EX750BT with LDAC. $199 vs $129 though I got my EX750BT for $39.99. The Sony is neckband style and has the ability to use an auxiliary cable for FM radio listening and for use with non-BT players so it has been useful.

The Puresonic Premium does use the Fender 9.25mm driver from the better models and not that 8.5mm titanium one from their $99 cheapies. I agree with the reviews that they are pretty balanced. Not the big old Aurisonics like bass and with good tuning bottom to top end. Haven't heard it but the reviews did compare to the Rockets inspired model with the 6mm driver and say the Premium sounds bigger and a good bit better sounding even though the "Rockets" looking one sounds good to them too.

Comes with a cleaning tool, zip case, Sure Seal tips and 3 pairs of foam tips, the manuals, and USB charging cable. Only thing I don't really like is the way they wrap the cable around the plastic tray which leaves a kink in between the drivers and the control and battery pods which needs to relax to lay right(though tightening the slider does fix this). These do put the controls on the left side and there is a fourth button for power and voice assistant activation so the play/pause is also for calls/FF/RW and the volume buttons are only for volume control.

If you can get them cheap like me, I already say grab them if you are in the market(there is a wired $99 model that may compete well at that price but is fixed cable). They are IPX4 as well. Buuut, only 6 hour battery and nothing higher than aptX and AAC might not warrant the full price though they still sound good. :ksc75smile:
Some day I am going to try a Fender but so far they been to pricey for me. These look interesting but since I have the Mackie Mp220 and an Aptx cable already these don't have enough drawing power to make me want to switch.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #36,327 of 100,474
Some day I am going to try a Fender but so far they been to pricey for me. These look interesting but since I have the Mackie Mp220 and an Aptx cable already these don't have enough drawing power to make me want to switch.

I never got my BT cable as AccessoryJack couldn't end up sourcing one for me. I bought these with the refund. I decided to go another route, Hidiz AP80, instead of a BT cable anyhow. Was gonna get an M0 but AP80 has buttons and FM so it is more useful for me.

May 24, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #36,328 of 100,474
I'm still waiting for mine, evidently it has been in the air for 5 days :)
Lol my HK6 left customs 2 days ago, in transport to USPS...10 min away SMFH

May 24, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #36,329 of 100,474
HK6 is not gonna rumble your face off like a good tuned dynamic but after burn in they can hit them notes Just not the authority that a graphene or a carbon based dynamic can.

There for the recommendation I gave to Jim about a possible future iteration of the HK6.

Could there be a HK6 hybrid in the works? I have yet to see someone use a well tuned micro HD for the sub bass in conjunction with BAs. That would be something. Ala Sony MH1C or EDC sub bass.

Supposed to be a good one. But for me at least I am gonna wait till the IT04 comes out. Will most definitely be my next purchase.

I'm about ...this... close, to placing an order for the NiceHCK DZX-1+6 [ https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...IFI-Monitor-Printing/1825606_32791660862.html ], which looks like it could be the Hybrid version of the HK6 -

1. Product Name: NiceHCK DZX-1+6 In Ear Earphone Customized Earphone
2. Type: In-ear
3. Brand: NiceHCK
Model: DZX-1+6
Impedance:16Ω
6. Earphone sensitivity: 118db/mW
7. Frequency range: 10-20000Hz
8. Interface: 3.5mm
9. Cable Length: 1.2m±5cm
10. Weight: about 20g
11. Color: Other colors also can be customized, please contact us, thanks
12. Whether with mic: No
13. Earphone Interface Type: MMCX interface
14. Drive unit: 1DD+ 6BA drive unit
15. Whether with earphone upgrade cable: Yes
16. Whether with bass adjust switch: With bass adjust switch

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #36,330 of 100,474
@Dsnuts I caved in and ordered compfire comet yesterday and should be getting it sometime today. Will see how it holds up. This is the first time I am getting a campfire audio product. Probably this is the only one in my (200$) price range as well.
Really curious how it compares to likes of hk6 and sd7s...

Gotta let us know how they are. Look forward to your take on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back