The discovery thread!
May 23, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #36,301 of 106,712
I am having a hard time believing that the HK6 isnt valuable for its money after reading all impressions here and on Aliexpress. I am having a hard time believing that over 44 reviews and over 100 orders would have existed if this was a bad iem. I am having a hard time believing that this new 2018 model with 6 Knowles BA per side will be mediocre. I am also having a hard time believing that this would differ from NICEHCK other middle and high-end products (that also has a lot of good reviews). I am looking forward to hear this, and also see another freq. graph.

Still, being a 6 BA earphone is not ideal and there will be a few times where it won't work well with their particular gear. Source/amp impedance of certain devices and that many armatures will give a bad result for some. It can be a bad match even if not a bad earphone.

May 23, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #36,302 of 106,712
I am having a hard time believing that the HK6 isnt valuable for its money after reading all impressions here and on Aliexpress. I am having a hard time believing that over 44 reviews and over 100 orders would have existed if this was a bad iem. I am having a hard time believing that this new 2018 model with 6 Knowles BA per side will be mediocre. I am also having a hard time believing that this would differ from NICEHCK other middle and high-end products (that also has a lot of good reviews). I am looking forward to hear this, and also see another freq. graph.
You should go to a headphone shop and listen to a bunch of 500$+ and 1000$+ headphones from well known brands.
After that it will be much easier to believe that a 200$ store-branded headphone from an unknown manufacturer may not be a great value, just as well as the much more expensive ones can be equally disappointing.

May 23, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #36,304 of 106,712
Description

Tone and sound quality:
  • The tone is partial for instrument. Three-frequency is balanced. The sound is clean. The balanced armature driver is slightly warm, good resolution. The image is clear. Low-frequency is with diving and flexibility. The sound field is a "theater effect" (a virtual sound field formed in the human brain). Sounds of all kinds of frequencies are better in texture, overall thinner, clear and sharp.
Suitable for music style:
  • Suitable: Popular (Europe and America & Mandarin), Folk Music, Vocals, ACG, Jazz, Blues;
  • Strengths: Suitable for symphony (size compilation), musical instruments, opera
  • Weakness: DJ/Dances, and so on music type which has a strong sense of need for bass.
Acoustic structure:

Full frequency single balanced armature, non-conductor, low tone.
  • Open hole balanced armature, compared with the traditional balanced armature, the voice is warmer, the mid frequency is fine and smooth.
Horn-shaped cavity, theater effect
  • Back-oriented air flow structure, so that the balanced armature bandwidth to get a qualitative improvement.
MMCX detachable cable design, can change the cable normally, promote or change the sound quality of the earphone.
4-speed silicone eartips install position.

• Adjust the silicone eartips to different installation positions, change the sound field and position, and accurately adapt to different ear canals at same time.
  • Minimizes exquisite design, reveals manliness, cavity is full 316 steel, surface silver plating. It is the best choice for personal use, collection, and gifts.

Specification

• Model: TINI
  • Impedance: 40Ω
  • Driver: 2*3*4mm customized full frequency balanced armature
  • Sensitivity: 95dB/mW
  • Frequency response range: 20-20000Hz
  • Plug diameter: 3.5mm

This is the issue with a lot of single BA earphones. Final Audio did BAs with bass but these clearly say they don't have much in the way of bass.. My Singolo Zero Audio did bass actually pretty good but spending this much on a nice looking earphone with no bass. I am out. .

I have to admit. They are cool looking though.

Last edited:
May 23, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #36,305 of 106,712
I am just wondering how i am going to fit this in my ears. :thinking:

May 23, 2018 at 11:33 PM Post #36,306 of 106,712
Description

Tone and sound quality:
  • The tone is partial for instrument. Three-frequency is balanced. The sound is clean. The balanced armature driver is slightly warm, good resolution. The image is clear. Low-frequency is with diving and flexibility. The sound field is a "theater effect" (a virtual sound field formed in the human brain). Sounds of all kinds of frequencies are better in texture, overall thinner, clear and sharp.
Suitable for music style:
  • Suitable: Popular (Europe and America & Mandarin), Folk Music, Vocals, ACG, Jazz, Blues;
  • Strengths: Suitable for symphony (size compilation), musical instruments, opera
  • Weakness: DJ/Dances, and so on music type which has a strong sense of need for bass.
Acoustic structure:

Full frequency single balanced armature, non-conductor, low tone.
  • Open hole balanced armature, compared with the traditional balanced armature, the voice is warmer, the mid frequency is fine and smooth.
Horn-shaped cavity, theater effect
  • Back-oriented air flow structure, so that the balanced armature bandwidth to get a qualitative improvement.
MMCX detachable cable design, can change the cable normally, promote or change the sound quality of the earphone.
4-speed silicone eartips install position.

• Adjust the silicone eartips to different installation positions, change the sound field and position, and accurately adapt to different ear canals at same time.
  • Minimizes exquisite design, reveals manliness, cavity is full 316 steel, surface silver plating. It is the best choice for personal use, collection, and gifts.

Specification

• Model: TINI
  • Impedance: 40Ω
  • Driver: 2*3*4mm customized full frequency balanced armature
  • Sensitivity: 95dB/mW
  • Frequency response range: 20-20000Hz
  • Plug diameter: 3.5mm

This is the issue with a lot of single BA earphones. Final Audio did BAs with bass but these clearly say they don't have much in the way of bass.. My Singolo Zero Audio did bass actually pretty good but spending this much on a nice looking earphone with no bass. I am out. .

I have to admit. They are cool looking though.
I came across Campfire comet on head Fi the other day.
That one is also a single BA and reviews say that it has sufficient bass as well.
I am actually intrigued by it. Resisting myself from spending again. Not sure how long I can hold on.

Last edited:
May 24, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #36,307 of 106,712
Please after some burn in period share a detailed comparison with your SW3 , thanks.

IMO, after 12 hrs burn in HK6 with my Shanling M3S, I would say overall soundstage, detail, and the vocal of HK6 a lot better than SW3 but SW3 still give the high treble and deep bass better than HK6 but let see after burning in 200 hrs I very curious to see how HK6 will change.

I remember the bass not being the most optimal on open listen but @bobay9 is clearly hearing their potential. You are hearing them exactly as I was hearing them on fist listen. Look forward to everyones take on them.

So Jim says he will provide us with a proper graph of the HK6.

I really enjoy with HK6, especially acoustic & vocal music, I hope after burn in around 200 hrs HK6 will give me some more bass.

Yes, it very difficult to believing and buy something that you never heard before especially IEM.

IMO, it like a gamble to do this but the good thing is someone has been tested and reviewed this IEM already, so I could know the character of this IEM match with my personal music style or not.
For HK6, I would say I win this gamble. :ksc75smile:

May 24, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #36,308 of 106,712
HK6 is not gonna rumble your face off like a good tuned dynamic but after burn in they can hit them notes Just not the authority that a graphene or a carbon based dynamic can.

There for the recommendation I gave to Jim about a possible future iteration of the HK6.

Could there be a HK6 hybrid in the works? I have yet to see someone use a well tuned micro HD for the sub bass in conjunction with BAs. That would be something. Ala Sony MH1C or EDC sub bass.
I came across Campfire comet on head Fi the other day.
That one is also a single BA and reviews say that it has sufficient bass as well.
I am actually intrigued by it. Resisting myself from spending again. Not sure how long I can hold on.

Supposed to be a good one. But for me at least I am gonna wait till the IT04 comes out. Will most definitely be my next purchase.

May 24, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #36,309 of 106,712
It's a personal preference.
If you are ready to take a risk and try it out then just give it a try. I don't think graphs give you an accurate picture. Even with all the graphs, I don't think we can get to know how good the sound stage or if you get holographic 3d feel with graphs. But yes it gives you an indication or a fair idea on how it sounds and if it will have sibilance and stuff like that.
What I feel is, if possible, just go ahead and give it a shot.
Everybody hears differently, so finally is you who decides if it sounds good or bad for you.

May 24, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #36,310 of 106,712
HK6 is not gonna rumble your face off like a good tuned dynamic but after burn in they can hit them notes Just not the authority that a graphene or a carbon based dynamic can.

There for the recommendation I gave to Jim about a possible future iteration of the HK6.

Could there be a HK6 hybrid in the works? I have yet to see someone use a well tuned micro HD for the sub bass in conjunction with BAs. That would be something. Ala Sony MH1C or EDC sub bass.

Supposed to be a good one. But for me at least I am gonna wait till the IT04 comes out. Will most definitely be my next purchase.
I believe I will also wait until it04 is out in the market. Have read some comments saying it's really good and soundstage is really like an open back one. Hope I will be able to wait till then.

May 24, 2018 at 5:43 AM Post #36,312 of 106,712
Don't think these are anything special sound quality wise but the design is nice.
http://artio-jp.com/en/products_detail1/
http://www.e-earphone.jp/ariteo/cu1

DauMu9cVAAAim4M.jpg
It seems that their design is determined by the "sound-in-front" effect based on the Helmholtz resonance principles

May 24, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #36,315 of 106,712
Am not sure if it's a hype, but I guess I am really looking forward for it04.

Ya if you got your eyes on the prize. Stay focused. Lol. From all indications it should be the summer earphone to get. I know $500 is steep but this is one earphone I believe will well be worth that money. I got high expectations of the IT04. Especially since they took such a long time getting them to the market. I read rumors of the difficulty in producing them. It is actually a good thing they are taking their time to bring them to the market. We will see.

So this morning on my trek to work. I have a 1 hour commute I usually bring one of my players and several of my earphones with me to and from work. I leave my players on shuffle and let it surprise me and this morning I landed on this using the HK6.

Oh man the horns! So much awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back