The discovery thread!
May 11, 2018 at 12:13 PM Post #36,031 of 106,538
Is NiceHCK sending out review units? Last I checked they rejected my application. I'm not going to drop $300 for something I haven't heard yet.

Never heard the HK6 before I bought a pair from the last aliexpress anniversary sale. The HK6 is actually a new model for NiceHCK. By the way the head-fier code is cheaper than when I got mine, $15 cheaper. These will be sold to headfiers only using the head-fier code for $200.

Sometimes you just gotta take a chance on things. This is how we discover stuff the need some attention here on this thread.

May 11, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #36,032 of 106,538
Never heard the HK6 before I bought a pair from the last aliexpress anniversary sale. The HK6 is actually a new model for NiceHCK. By the way the head-fier code is cheaper than when I got mine, $15 cheaper. These will be sold to headfiers only using the head-fier code for $200.

Sometimes you just gotta take a chance on things. This is how we discover stuff the need some attention here on this thread.

I've been sparsely following this thread since the HTF600 days. Forgive me if I'm skeptical.

May 11, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #36,034 of 106,538
What you think which one has the better clarity , instruments separation and soundstage , HK6 vs SW3 , ???

Eh, right now it's a very unfair comparison, as one is very well burnt in (I do believe in burn-in, me), and the other very much is not. I'd say that the SW3 wins on all 3, at the moment, but 1) not by a whole lot (to my ears), and 2) the HK6 is very likely to improve with time (after burning them in).

The HK6 is definitely easier to wear. I like the SW3 a lot, tbh, but wearing them cable up over ears is a bit difficult (for me - have to use different ear tips from Spiral Dots or after a bit they slip out), and cable down the weight tends to drag them out anyway, lol.

May 11, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #36,035 of 106,538
Does anyone own the hk6 and also the Brainwavz B400? I own and love the B400 and wonder if the hk6 is an actual upgrade or if it's just a sidegrade. I think impressions of the hk6 sound signature, sound similar to how I'd describe my B400's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May 12, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #36,037 of 106,538
You have to put in the code in the message window. Head-fier

HTB1a8m4quSSBuNjy0Flq6zBpVXaF.jpg

Let them change the price for you and then you purchase. In other words. NiceHCK is doing all of us a favor and selling at this discount price for headfiers or anyone that reads this thread actually.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 6:32 AM Post #36,039 of 106,538
Just wanted to post an update regarding Magaosi X3, that I ended up taking (I had asked in this group, but no-one had them at that time). I have been having the IEM for over a week now. Initial impressions were that it was very dark for my taste (reminded me of a poorly amped HD650, but with much better bass reproduction), but after some tips change and possibly "brain burn in", it has considerably improved.

First thing i found was, tips seems to drastically alter the sound. With my typically reliable jvc spiral dots, it really opens up the sound - especially in the upper mids and treble, but there is a significant roll-off in sub-bass and even some mid-bass. The best compromise fit for me was either Spinfit medium tips or spintfit dual blade (this was the first IEM where this tip worked for me). It isolated very very well with spintfit dual blade, which means I can keep lower volumes, however it is not as comfortable.

So, I'm sticking with spinfit medium tips (and will give symbio W tips a try) when they come.

The resulting sound signature is still slightly dark, in the sense that treble is not very airy, but is very smooth and easy to listen to. (pleae keep in mind, I mostly listen to my slightly EQ-ed HE560 at home, which some refer to having treble north of neutral).
Past couple of days, I have been listening to it, with a portable dac-amp (LHL Geekout V2+ in SE mode), and i should note that despite the IEM being pretty sensitive, there is no hiss. With Geekout V2+, the treble becomes even airier, soundstage becomes wider.

How it compares with Other IEMs, I have heard:
Magaosi K5, i think had a slightly larger soundstage, and has more lush vocals (being mid forward). However, X3 in my ears, seems to extend much better in bass, and slightly better in treble, while having neutral mids. Bass is very very fast (decay is very fast in general) compared to K5.

Based on my experience, I think I would rate it higher than MEE Pinnacle P1, Simgot EN700 Pro, Fidue A73 , Magaosi K5, RHA t10/t20i.
In terms of isolation, only Magaosi K5 which has a similar shape comes close. Very impressed so far.

I'm assuming Magaosi K5 is the same as some other brand name 5-BA's that i have seen on aliexpress, as they seem very similar, but not sure. Either ways, would be interesting to hear more impressions and comparisons, once more people get it.

A few pictures:
WFY25S2.jpg

cph8s6V.jpg

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #36,040 of 106,538
Just wanted to post an update regarding Magaosi X3, that I ended up taking (I had asked in this group, but no-one had them at that time). I have been having the IEM for over a week now. Initial impressions were that it was very dark for my taste (reminded me of a poorly amped HD650, but with much better bass reproduction), but after some tips change and possibly "brain burn in", it has considerably improved.

First thing i found was, tips seems to drastically alter the sound. With my typically reliable jvc spiral dots, it really opens up the sound - especially in the upper mids and treble, but there is a significant roll-off in sub-bass and even some mid-bass. The best compromise fit for me was either Spinfit medium tips or spintfit dual blade (this was the first IEM where this tip worked for me). It isolated very very well with spintfit dual blade, which means I can keep lower volumes, however it is not as comfortable.

So, I'm sticking with spinfit medium tips (and will give symbio W tips a try) when they come.

The resulting sound signature is still slightly dark, in the sense that treble is not very airy, but is very smooth and easy to listen to. (pleae keep in mind, I mostly listen to my slightly EQ-ed HE560 at home, which some refer to having treble north of neutral).
Past couple of days, I have been listening to it, with a portable dac-amp (LHL Geekout V2+ in SE mode), and i should note that despite the IEM being pretty sensitive, there is no hiss. With Geekout V2+, the treble becomes even airier, soundstage becomes wider.

How it compares with Other IEMs, I have heard:
Magaosi K5, i think had a slightly larger soundstage, and has more lush vocals (being mid forward). However, X3 in my ears, seems to extend much better in bass, and slightly better in treble, while having neutral mids. Bass is very very fast (decay is very fast in general) compared to K5.

Based on my experience, I think I would rate it higher than MEE Pinnacle P1, Simgot EN700 Pro, Fidue A73 , Magaosi K5, RHA t10/t20i.
In terms of isolation, only Magaosi K5 which has a similar shape comes close. Very impressed so far.

I'm assuming Magaosi K5 is the same as some other brand name 5-BA's that i have seen on aliexpress, as they seem very similar, but not sure. Either ways, would be interesting to hear more impressions and comparisons, once more people get it.

A few pictures:
WFY25S2.jpg

cph8s6V.jpg

I think @dhruvmeena96 had the Magaosi X3 too? can't remember what his impressions are but I do remember him liking it

May 12, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #36,041 of 106,538
I think @dhruvmeena96 had the Magaosi X3 too? can't remember what his impressions are but I do remember him liking it

Yes. In fact, he had mentioned about this in another thread which is where it really piqued my interest. I was then trying to find more impressions from others in this thread, but noone else had at that time, so i was suggested to take one for the group and post my impressions. Hence, the post :)

Btw, had anyone been able to try Rose BR7 ? (it was posted a while ago in this group) I'm also eagerly awaiting impressions about dz12 from @Dsnuts.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #36,042 of 106,538
Yes. In fact, he had mentioned about this in another thread which is where it really piqued my interest. I was then trying to find more impressions from others in this thread, but noone else had at that time, so i was suggested to take one for the group and post my impressions. Hence, the post :)

Btw, had anyone been able to try Rose BR7 ? (it was posted a while ago in this group) I'm also eagerly awaiting impressions about dz12 from @Dsnuts.

Thanks for taking one for the team :grin:. Poorly amped HD650 means a no-go for me, didn't like the HD650

I'm also eagerly waiting for Panda's impressions on the Hisenior B5

May 12, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #36,043 of 106,538
Thanks for taking one for the team :grin:. Poorly amped HD650 means a no-go for me, didn't like the HD650

I'm also eagerly waiting for Panda's impressions on the Hisenior B5

That was the very first impression, on stock tips I think. However, I would still characterize it as slightly dark earphone (@dhruvmeena96 tells me it is near neutral , and i perceive it as dark because I am used to IEM's with treble north of neutral, so maybe my HE560 is skewing this perception),neutral mids, with very smooth treble, and very fast bass response (maybe a slight sub-bass emphasis). But yeah, I still feel some air is lacking at the top.

In fact, it reminded me a bit of iSine 10 with cipher cables, but its bass response wasn't this good, and mids were thicker, and soundstage was much bigger. (it has one of the largest soundstage, I've heard in this format)

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #36,044 of 106,538
I picked up the final e4000 on release day and they sound really great.
I listened to the e5000 also, the cable is really nice (and apparently almost the same price as the e5000 itself on its own), the housing out of stainless steel is also beautiful and feels heavy and nice when you hold them. However I could not hear any difference, I never believed that cables make a difference and I couldn’t justify spending double for the steel housing alone.
The black aluminium from the e4000 is really light, and the tasteful and clean final logo is printed on the ends.
They fit great in my ears, I have heavy damaged earshells and even if some other in ears might sound as good it’s hard to enjoy if they hurt :)

The final eartips are a great fit for me, they have the same mechanism as spinfits but are way cheaper, all 5 sizes are included together with a very cool carrying case.

A568974A-8703-4EB2-B41A-4A60978D992D.jpeg
27D1F73B-CC08-47D0-B3D7-363E4896C46D.jpeg

May 12, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #36,045 of 106,538
I picked up the final e4000 on release day and they sound really great.
I listened to the e5000 also, the cable is really nice (and apparently almost the same price as the e5000 itself on its own), the housing out of stainless steel is also beautiful and feels heavy and nice when you hold them. However I could not hear any difference, I never believed that cables make a difference and I couldn’t justify spending double for the steel housing alone.
The black aluminium from the e4000 is really light, and the tasteful and clean final logo is printed on the ends.
They fit great in my ears, I have heavy damaged earshells and even if some other in ears might sound as good it’s hard to enjoy if they hurt :)

The final eartips are a great fit for me, they have the same mechanism as spinfits but are way cheaper, all 5 sizes are included together with a very cool carrying case.

Share some impressions about the sound signature/quality ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back