The discovery thread!
May 3, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #35,822 of 100,650
Which faceplate you guys like?
HTB1LZVbRVXXXXXOXVXXq6xXFXXX4.jpg

Number 2 and 13 is the ones I like. What say you guys?
1, 3, 7

May 3, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #35,826 of 100,650
I would have went custome, one side say "DsNuts" and the other say "GotEeeem!"

May 3, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #35,827 of 100,650
No manufacturer has come to me to ask if they can make a special Dsnuts edition. Might happen one day. Lol.

Well I figured out which one I want to go with. I have read a few reviews of guys ordering one of them face panels thinking they will get what is exactly pictured to get something a bit different. I gave it some careful thought and I think I am gonna go with my gut feeling and get this one.

HTB183NqRXXXXXXgaFXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg
I was thinking about all clear but I think that can turn color a bit with some use so adding a bit of color makes them look a bit more premium. I was thinking going brighter and number 5 is a clear purple version but I can see that color being a bit too look at me type color so while I was looking at these cog wheel plates. The smoke colored one here stood out to be not only premium looking but don't stand out as much as the others.

So I have been saving up for the IT04 and I will most certainly get a pair once they are out, NiceHCK however has surprised me quite a bit with their HK6. Made me realize I had to take these guys seriously. Chatting with Jim and NiceHCK. He has told me on a bit of an industry secret on why some of these semi customs cost more than others. NiceHCK uses top shelf parts for their earphones. All BAs used in his earphones are Knowls drivers.. He told me there are vendors on Aliexpress that use much cheaper Chinese made BAs that are not as good. Hence cutting corners just to drive the BA count and while looking like a better deal ends up being essentially what you pay for.

So basic rule of thumb if it looks too good to be true, then there must be a reason why. The HK6 has truly been an eye opening type earphone for me and while it seems to be crazy throwing down a bit of cash for one of these guys higher end earphones. I have faith that these guys will. Not only deliver a stunning sound but one of sheer value for what I am gonna pay for these. So this will be very interesting purchase for me and as always I will post what happens here on the discovery thread.

Speaking of the HK6. I know a few guys that got theirs already from recent sales. I look forward to everyone's take on them.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #35,829 of 100,650
@Dsnuts
I could not find any mention of this, so let me ask you here, would you consider HK6 as a significant upgrade over shockwave iii or its better to save money for something else ?
cheers

May 4, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #35,830 of 100,650
at this point I can bring price down to 239$ for HK6 (without cable) via app and coupons
Am also very interested in T66s due sonion driver, but price comes down only to 325$ and I can not find any review of it yet

May 4, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #35,833 of 100,650
May 4, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #35,834 of 100,650
@gugman I have never heard the shockwave 3 so I have no idea if it will be an upgrade sidegrade. I know @HungryPanda just got these maybe he can help out here.

I do know however that the HK6 will be a good purchase for you but have no idea if it is what your looking for.

In a side note. The DZ12 is going to be using newer developed housing for NiceHCK. Looks like a larger shell compared to that HK6 or HQ6.

Makes sense due to the sheer number of drivers. Excited to hear these.

HTB1mKVOpFuWBuNjSszbq6AS7FXaY.jpg

May 4, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #35,835 of 100,650
@gugman I have never heard the shockwave 3 so I have no idea if it will be an upgrade sidegrade. I know @HungryPanda just got these maybe he can help out here.

I do know however that the HK6 will be a good purchase for you but have no idea if it is what your looking for.

In a side note. The DZ12 is going to be using newer developed housing for NiceHCK. Looks like a larger shell compared to that HK6 or HQ6.

Makes sense due to the sheer number of drivers. Excited to hear these.

HTB1mKVOpFuWBuNjSszbq6AS7FXaY.jpg
Did they change the drivers in the new DZ12's? I thought you said Jim said that they used all Knowles drivers in them, but I see Sonion drivers in the images on their product page.
Capture+_2018-05-04-10-35-16.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back