The discovery thread!
Apr 14, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #35,401 of 100,491
Take your time with them my friend. Enjoy your new toy. Those seem to be interesting due to the Titanium drivers. Thanks for reporting about them. Glad you gave them a go. Look forward to some thoughts about them once you get more used to their sound.

Apr 14, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #35,402 of 100,491
Take your time with them my friend. Enjoy your new toy. Those seem to be interesting due to the Titanium drivers. Thanks for reporting about them. Glad you gave them a go. Look forward to some thoughts about them once you get more used to their sound.
Thanks, the thing that I originally loved about the T2 was how natural they sounded, really an incredible find for only $50. Nothing about their sound shouted at me, and the level of detail retrieval was unheard at this price point. The only thing was that like you I noticed was that there was not a lot of sub bass. I want to say that, after hearing the Rose for a few hours, I haven’t noticed a lack of sub bass on them like I did on the T2. So what I could say now, from memory before confirming it, is that the Rose has more sub bass (or at least the sub bass is better defined), but the T2 has better detail retrieval, but sincerely their differences are not night and day.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2018 at 4:05 AM Post #35,403 of 100,491
They are very similar, the T2 is a favorite of mine (except for the cable that turned green in less than two weeks). Sincerely, it would come down to if you want the option to replace the cable or not. Is the T2 twice as good, well no, it’s not. They both punch way outside of their respective price points (I had some ie that cost 3-4 times more than are not as good). I would have to spend more time with them sincerely, since I’ve had the T2 for almost 6 months and the Rose only since this morning.

Based on review here , most above average iem punches above their weight. So discussion about this is moot

Apr 15, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #35,404 of 100,491
Based on review here , most above average iem punches above their weight. So discussion about this is moot

Gearheadese translation: "Punches above it's weight" = "I don't feel that this item was a total waste of money and/or time."

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #35,406 of 100,491
Hello, everyone how would you compare ibasso it01 vs simgot en700 pro vs sd7 plus?

Everywhere i read, the simgot en700's soundstage seems to be praised for being one of the best irrespective of the price. That sounded intriguing to me, but not sure overall.

Apr 16, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #35,407 of 100,491
Some really nice eartips arrived today , more on the way,
DSC_0009.JPG

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #35,408 of 100,491
Hello everyone! What are the best choices for a more vocal oriented iem under 50? Is it still the carbo tenore (which i own btw)? Thanks!
It would be more of a side grade vs an upgrad but I would say The Tinaudio T2. Mid focussed iem but uses dual dynamics. Would look up a few reviews on them see if it will be something you might like.

Hello, everyone how would you compare ibasso it01 vs simgot en700 pro vs sd7 plus?

Dont have the simgot but I do have the IT01 and SD7 plus. IT01 has excellent staging and is a fun sound signature but does have good amount of sound balancing to make them sound great for just about any genre. The SD7 is more mid forward and slightly warmer signature, I would consider them at a different level of SQ. Has a much more dimensional sound due to them having 7 BAs per housing. The It01 has great value as it comes with everything you need out of the box the SD7 plus require upgraded cable and different tips. You will end up spending double the price but will have a solid mid fi level sound with the SD7 plus. The IT01 is an excellent entry level sound some would consider hangs easily with mid fi level as well. They do have a wider stage over the SD7 but does not have the dimensionaly of them. If you like your vocals and 3D type sound the Rhymos SD7 plus is excellent for that. The IT01 is excellent for EDM, Hip hop rock. Both are excellent for the price payed. Can't go wrong with either but it will come down to if you want a more U shaped signature of the IT01 or a W shaped sound signature of the SD7 plus. The SD7 plus also isoltes much better than the IT01.

Some really nice eartips arrived today , more on the way,

Where you get them?

Apr 16, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #35,409 of 100,491
Dont have the simgot but I do have the IT01 and SD7 plus. IT01 has excellent staging and is a fun sound signature but does have good amount of sound balancing to make them sound great for just about any genre. The SD7 is more mid forward and slightly warmer signature, I would consider them at a different level of SQ. Has a much more dimensional sound due to them having 7 BAs per housing. The It01 has great value as it comes with everything you need out of the box the SD7 plus require upgraded cable and different tips. You will end up spending double the price but will have a solid mid fi level sound with the SD7 plus. The IT01 is an excellent entry level sound some would consider hangs easily with mid fi level as well. They do have a wider stage over the SD7 but does not have the dimensionaly of them. If you like your vocals and 3D type sound the Rhymos SD7 plus is excellent for that. The IT01 is excellent for EDM, Hip hop rock. Both are excellent for the price payed. Can't go wrong with either but it will come down to if you want a more U shaped signature of the IT01 or a W shaped sound signature of the SD7 plus. The SD7 plus also isoltes much better than the IT01..

Thanks for the comparison. How easy is SD7 plus to drive? (For e.g. using a smartphone?. I know, IT01 is easy to drive).
You mentioned SD7 plus requiring upgraded cables and tips. What do you use currently? ( i am having lots of tips and mmcx cables at the moment)

So, IT01 has wider soundstage, but SD7 has better depth?

My ideal IEM should have:
1. Great soundstage (on all axes)
2. Very Slight V-shape (good sub-bass, not too much mid-bass hump that affects the mids, looking for good mids , and decent treble extension)
2. Easy to drive from a smartphone (something like a MEE P1, really failed the test for me)
3. Comfortable to wear (SE535 ltd. edition is great)
4. Good to Great isolation (my SE535 ltd. edition is great)

I am considering Simgot EN700 Pro (Point 4 would not work), now SD7 plus, magaosi x3 (have heard one very very positive impression), and massdrop plus ( but pairing with smartphone would be an issue). ibasso it01 seems to have so many good reviews, with it being compared favourably against even 300$ iems. Hence, why i asked :)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #35,410 of 100,491
Well the easy recommend is in fact the IT01. They are what your looking for actually. They have excellent extension for both treble and bass and the mids imo are done well. Not recessed to the point of imbalance. Much easier to drive than the P1. Fairly wide stage for in ears. The isolation is just average at best on them however. These being the cheapest out of the bunch you were looking at. I would give them a go. Worse case scenario you can sell them off easily and try another one on your list if they are not to your liking.

If you can believe the clamor for the new flagship from IBasso IT04. Mostly the reason, at least for me is because how much the IT01 performs for the price. If the IT01 sounds this nice at $100. Well then the IT04 must sound crazy.. Is the thought. Reason why I want to get an IT04 actually.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #35,411 of 100,491
Thanks for the comparison. How easy is SD7 plus to drive? (For e.g. using a smartphone?. I know, IT01 is easy to drive).
You mentioned SD7 plus requiring upgraded cables and tips. What do you use currently? ( i am having lots of tips and mmcx cables at the moment)

So, IT01 has wider soundstage, but SD7 has better depth?

My ideal IEM should have:
1. Great soundstage (on all axes)
2. Very Slight V-shape (good sub-bass, not too much mid-bass hump that affects the mids, looking for good mids , and decent treble extension)
2. Easy to drive from a smartphone (something like a MEE P1, really failed the test for me)
3. Comfortable to wear (SE535 ltd. edition is great)
4. Good to Great isolation (my SE535 ltd. edition is great)

I am considering Simgot EN700 Pro (Point 4 would not work), now SD7 plus, magaosi x3 (have heard one very very positive impression), and massdrop plus ( but pairing with smartphone would be an issue). ibasso it01 seems to have so many good reviews, with it being compared favourably against even 300$ iems. Hence, why i asked :)

Not sure what your total budget is and whether your into using 3rd party cables etc. But the MP-220 I have been talking about ticks off all of the things you mention sonically and in regards to drivability. I am enjoying it as much as my dead XBA-Z5. It really sounds good and it also has excellent passive isolation.

The catch is I found the included cable to thick and the included single flange tips to thick making them a bit uncomfortable. I am currently using a Brainwavz MMCX cable and some wide mouth tips I had kicking around (Sennheiser Momentum tips I believe) and these are comfortable as all get out. I actually like this IEM enough I have ordered a Fiio BT cable for these so I can use them fully portable.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #35,412 of 100,491
Apr 16, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #35,413 of 100,491
Lol, let me rephrase. I like it is as much as I used to enjoy my XBA-Z5 BEFORE they died :wink:.

But let me also take one or two songs and compare the MP-220 against my WI1000X, and maybe the Audiofly AF-140 just for some actual A/B/C comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back