The discovery thread!
Nov 15, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #34,291 of 100,515
Could some please elaborate on this, I found on Penon audio's description of the ibasso IT01.

Approaching 1 tesla

Special small high-energy magnets, near 1 Tesla's magnetic flux to 5um ultra-thin diaphragm has a greater driving energy and rebound characteristics, bringing more detail and dynamic performance than the normal dynamic driver.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #34,292 of 100,515
Me too, JVC FD02 or Dunu Falcon right now are of interest. Maybe wait till my tax return in Feb. as I am cool, for now, to live with the B400, RT-1, AR3 and KPH30i for the time being. Am looking at DAP's though.

Do need to "discover" that IT01 cable. They said they found it so why can't we :)

Speaking of cables, I'm thinking of this hybrid 8-core one for my AR3...
s-l400.jpg

$38 with e-packet shipping.

Could I get a link to that cable? Thanks!

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:50 PM Post #34,293 of 100,515
So my recent purchases from ALiexpress is taking so damn long. With all the newness coming out. I would rather cancel my order of the SD7 and go with something new.

I still had 5 days or so before they shipped so I went ahead and cancelled my order. Which leaves me some funds to spend on something new. What to get? Hmm.

I am gonna keep the cable orders and my RT1s however.
Are you new to AE 11.11? It always takes longer bc of all the orders. IIRC it was that way last year

Nov 15, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #34,294 of 100,515
First time for me. I guessed that is how it is but at the same time. How do you have a sale on items and then wait a week to ship it out. A day or two I can understand but a week?

They asked me to wait 2 days but another thought I had was with the earphones themselves. I am sure they are good but at the same time what happens if the QC is not good. What do I do then? With all these newer phones coming out there is too much risk with little to no reviews out there.

I would like to try them of course but there is simply too much great stuff coming out from established manufacturers. They have yet to refund me so we will see.

I am not pulling the rug out completely however. I kept my order of cables and RT-1s so all is not lost. I hope to get those but for now I would rather spend my $126 I spent on something different.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #34,295 of 100,515
First time for me. I guessed that is how it is but at the same time. How do you have a sale on items and then wait a week to ship it out. A day or two I can understand but a week?

They asked me to wait 2 days but another thought I had was with the earphones themselves. I am sure they are good but at the same time what happens if the QC is not good. What do I do then? With all these newer phones coming out there is too much risk with little to no reviews out there.

I would like to try them of course but there is simply too much great stuff coming out from established manufacturers. They have yet to refund me so we will see.

I am not pulling the rug out completely however. I kept my order of cables and RT-1s so all is not lost. I hope to get those but for now I would rather spend my $126 I spent on something different.
It has only been a few days lol. I've waited a week for shipping on a regular day order. It's the trade off for buying cheap from China. Some stores are better than others for returns, esp if you are a return customer

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #34,296 of 100,515
Ya and I had to wait another 5 more so it said on my order. They are trying to appease me by saying wait 2 days but. Man I keep on thinking of the new stuff coming out. Would rather spend that money on a new IT01 or F9 pro or Dunu iem.

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #34,297 of 100,515
So my recent purchases from ALiexpress is taking so damn long. With all the newness coming out. I would rather cancel my order of the SD7 and go with something new.

I still had 5 days or so before they shipped so I went ahead and cancelled my order. Which leaves me some funds to spend on something new. What to get? Hmm.

I am gonna keep the cable orders and my RT1s however.
The ibasso IT01 most definitely!!
Edit: The dunu falcon looks interesting too.

I apologise for double posting. However can someone please elaborate on this about the ibasso it01:

Approaching 1 tesla

Special small high-energy magnets, near 1 Tesla's magnetic flux to 5um ultra-thin diaphragm has a greater driving energy and rebound characteristics, bringing more detail and dynamic performance than the normal dynamic driver.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #34,298 of 100,515

I apologise for double posting. However can someone please elaborate on this about the ibasso it01:

Approaching 1 tesla

I believe it just means that the driver material is almost as thin as a Tesla driver.

Nov 16, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #34,299 of 100,515

Approaching 1 tesla

TLDR: it has tiny but strong magnets! (like lots of other headphones).

5um is probably meaning five micrometer thickness. Tesla is a measurement unit for magnetic field density.

Really just "sciencified" marketing copy, IIRC the importance of field density depends on design but related to driver efficiency and control (thinner/lighter diaphragm also contributes to efficiency)... I don't believe it means much of anything unless you are a speaker engineer and have more info than just this.

Further reading:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_(unit)
https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/how-headphone-dynamic-drivers-work

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #34,300 of 100,515

Yes, keep your RT-1 comin'. You're gonna like it. RT-1 was a bit cheaper on 11/11 but I already had it and Penon got it to me fast with free shipping and they are worry free. Worth $7 extra instead of waiting till singles day. Maybe put you $126 towards a Hifi Boy...https://penonaudio.com/HiFi-BOY-OS-V3

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #34,301 of 100,515
I am still waiting refund of my order.. They asked me again if I want to cancel. Why would I initiate the whole thing if I didn't want to cancel. Why would they have a cancel option if it pains them that much for one cancelled order? Then I get snail mail after this whole experience.

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #34,302 of 100,515
Sounds like Singles Day wasn't singularly a success (but, you did get some stuff...).
Sometimes bargains cost in other ways, sorry Dsnuts!

Nov 16, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #34,303 of 100,515
I aint sour about the whole thing. I still have 3 cables and the RT-1 I got from them. When I will get those things who knows. Not in a huge hurry to get them any how. I have gotten plenty of stuff from other Chinese vendors but it is a bit irritating they keep on asking me if I truly want to cancel my order. Differences in culture I suppose. I will get my money back for the item one way or another but at the same time they make it seem like the item was made just for me. In fact one of the messages was saying it was custom made. No where on the description page says anything of the sort. I am sure they will have an answer for me by tonight.

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #34,304 of 100,515
Yes, keep your RT-1 comin'. You're gonna like it. RT-1 was a bit cheaper on 11/11 but I already had it and Penon got it to me fast with free shipping and they are worry free. Worth $7 extra instead of waiting till singles day. Maybe put you $126 towards a Hifi Boy...https://penonaudio.com/HiFi-BOY-OS-V3

Hi there! If it doesn't trouble you, could I get a link to that cable you posted a few pages back?

Nov 16, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #34,305 of 100,515
I aint sour about the whole thing. I still have 3 cables and the RT-1 I got from them. When I will get those things who knows. Not in a huge hurry to get them any how. I have gotten plenty of stuff from other Chinese vendors but it is a bit irritating they keep on asking me if I truly want to cancel my order. Differences in culture I suppose. I will get my money back for the item one way or another but at the same time they make it seem like the item was made just for me. In fact one of the messages was saying it was custom made. No where on the description page says anything of the sort. I am sure they will have an answer for me by tonight.
You rightly pointed out culture as being the main reason for this. They consider it bad luck if someone cancels and they try to avoid this (by doing things that would seem silly to the uninitiated) :wink:
It's as if AE is a sure way to augment your patience. Overall, i would say its a reasonable experience for me and i do agree it can get a tab bit frustrating at times. Hang in there mate. Those cables that are coming your way make me envious!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back