The discovery thread!
Jan 1, 2014 at 5:44 AM Post #18,016 of 100,831

Thanks d marc0. Everyone have a great new years and hope everyone has the best 2014..

Yes the dippios sound tuning is meticulous and shows clearly why these are ZAs new flagship model... Zero Audio has yet to make a bad sounding earphone.. I wouldn't be  surprised if these rank up there with some of the highest regarded dual bas in the industry...Very happy with the purchase a great way to start the new year!.

Hey Ds. I've got a favor to ask you:

Could you please compare this to XB90EX? I know, they might be quite opposite, but I'm liking the texured deep mids in XB90EX and if the Doppios are better in this regard, I'm intrigued. I've always wanted to hear a good double BA iem and this is shaping up to be a great variant. maybe the crazy subbass I also like in my XB90EX will be missed, but tying out something different is always interesting.

oh and one more: how's the build quality compared to theXB90EX? I'm mainly worried about cables. are they thick? do they seem durable like sonys?

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #18,017 of 100,831
"Sent from my baked potato"

with sour cream and chives I hope. Or Natto if that's where you brought it in from. Gonna be good either way.

Mmm... sour cream and chives, that's my fav flavour of Pringles.

However I like my baked potato with Branston baked beans and lots of cheese.

Happy New Year everyone!! Best wishes go out to all of the Head-Fi community.

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #18,019 of 100,831
ehhh the hell did i just watched??? :blink:

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT PAPER BAG =/= SEXCEE CARDBOARD!!!

Much better....

Sorry about that, I don't know what the hell happened :)

I've got my hands on a pair of the Samsung's and they're truly a discovery!

Jan 1, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #18,021 of 100,831
Sorry about that, I don't know what the hell happened
smily_headphones1.gif

I've got my hands on a pair of the Samsung's and they're truly a discovery!

Just got finished listening to Metallica's Kill Em All with the Samsung's, with the mod, and WOW!!! They crank and with nice soundstage too. 

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #18,023 of 100,831
Thanks d marc0. Everyone have a great new years and hope everyone has the best 2014..

Yes the dippios sound tuning is meticulous and shows clearly why these are ZAs new flagship model... Zero Audio has yet to make a bad sounding earphone.. I wouldn't be  surprised if these rank up there with some of the highest regarded dual bas in the industry...Very happy with the purchase a great way to start the new year!.

Congrats mate!

I was planning on trying them, as with the Dunu DN-1000 but since my girlfriend has taken control of my wallet it's getting harder and harder to justify the earphone purchases to her lol

I was lucky to get the new JVC HA-S680 without too much arguing lol

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #18,024 of 100,831
  yesterday i got the new philips shl3300 and i am not sure yet, but maybe i found a succesor to my s500. these are just awesome. deep soundstage, very good detail and as fast as cnt. man and that bass digs deep. its not bloated at all, but sub bass is rattling my bones. i tested a lot 300 $ phones, and until no i would say, these cheapo philips blow them out of the water. they fold up nicely and although the cups are large in diamater these are on ear, but with new breathable pads, that are super comfortable even in the sun and do a strong job on isolation. definetly keepers. everyone should test them!
http://www.philips-shop.co.uk/store/catalog/headphones/ear-bud/dj-monitor-style-black/productdetail/SHL3300_00_GB_SHOPPUB/GB/en

I recently purchased the Philips SHL3300 and am in agreement that these are phenomenal headphones, especially at their price point. To bring more attention to these headphones, I have created a dedicated thread for them and review in the Head Gear section.

Jan 1, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #18,025 of 100,831
Peter,

Do you have the link to buy this Samsung iems.?

Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't buy them. I got them from a friend who got them with his phone and had no interest in them.

There were a link posted a few days in this thread so maybe someone who remember where to buy them can enlighten us, I am seriously considering picking up one more pair.

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #18,026 of 100,831

^ Looks like a straight ATH CKN rip off, maybe it is a CKN50s OEM??? Would be CRAZY sweet if it was a CKN70 OEM. LMAO

Sweet discovery meng, diggin' their look/ blue cable as well.

Got me self a set of those LG QB2s from this dood.

Can't wait to see what the hype is all about!!!
beerchug.gif

if they dont have the CKN cable we're all good 

Jan 1, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #18,027 of 100,831

Hey Ds. I've got a favor to ask you:

Could you please compare this to XB90EX? I know, they might be quite opposite, but I'm liking the texured deep mids in XB90EX and if the Doppios are better in this regard, I'm intrigued. I've always wanted to hear a good double BA iem and this is shaping up to be a great variant. maybe the crazy subbass I also like in my XB90EX will be missed, but tying out something different is always interesting.

oh and one more: how's the build quality compared to theXB90EX? I'm mainly worried about cables. are they thick? do they seem durable like sonys?

The build quality and looks of the Doppio is minimal..These unfortunately have thin wires but high quality OFC all the way around. Build is solid enough but not as good as the XBs.  Sound quality wise these are on another level.. Sub bass wise of course the XB90s will have that but these do have the more accurate tonal, even extended treble, precision and imagery the XB90s need for them to be a higher end sound.. Now here is where I would say the H3 would probably be what your looking for even though those are much more expensive. The idea behind the H3 is that they do have that big 16mm dynamic driver for the bass with dual BAs for the mids and highs. 

If you want to try something completely different and or don't have the money for something like a H3. Then by all means go get yourself a doppio...It will introduce you to a higher level of sound quality.. It isn't like you can't use your XB90s for your bass fix...

Jan 1, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #18,028 of 100,831
I've got a question:
Some days ago I read someone mentioning modding the Gratitude's by removing the filters. If my memory don't let me down it was one frequent writer in this thread who mentioned it but I can't remember who. The thing is I would like to try this and would like some advice on how to remove the filters without ruining these lovely IEM's. Any body find this familiar or know how to do it I would really appreciate some advice.

Jan 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #18,030 of 100,831
Take a paper clip ,poke hole in filter not too hard and remove them and walls ....filter modded gratitudes :sunglasses:

Did you mean voila there?
tongue.gif

I use a needle, btw. A sharper point than a paper clip is easier to poke through and also possibly salvage the screen/filter if possible with minimal damage.

Though, you never really described the change in the Gratitude signature though. I'm assuming a bit clearer and maybe quicker with some less bass. Possible separation and/or stage improvement? No negative peaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back