The discovery thread!
May 18, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #101,971 of 104,067
Ah yes here's a short review of the ZiiGaat Doscinco: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ziigaat-doscinco.27060/reviews#review-33931

One for bassheads!

Doscinco 10.jpg

Pros:
Solid build
Ergonomic fit
Easy to drive
Good isolation
Less commonly found L-shaped basshead tuning
Big tactile bass and deep visceral rumble
Safe treble for our treble-sensitive brethren
Decent technicalities for a basshead focused signature

Cons:
Dearth of accessories
Driver flex
Slight BA timbre
Not for trebleheads
Some element of mid-bass bleed

Ziigaat Doscinco.jpg
Sweet. Sounds right up my alley.

May 18, 2024 at 1:42 AM Post #101,972 of 104,067
Ah yes here's a short review of the ZiiGaat Doscinco: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ziigaat-doscinco.27060/reviews#review-33931

One for bassheads!

Doscinco 10.jpg

Pros:
Solid build
Ergonomic fit
Easy to drive
Good isolation
Less commonly found L-shaped basshead tuning
Big tactile bass and deep visceral rumble
Safe treble for our treble-sensitive brethren
Decent technicalities for a basshead focused signature

Cons:
Dearth of accessories
Driver flex
Slight BA timbre
Not for trebleheads
Some element of mid-bass bleed

Ziigaat Doscinco.jpg

In the chest! Wah...

1000075989.jpg

May 18, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #101,973 of 104,067
Is it just me or the idea of listening to softears’ IEMs is better than actually listening to softears’ IEMs? They do have some good IEMs, but I can’t recall any absolute knockout from them
What the Twilight is amazing

May 18, 2024 at 2:44 AM Post #101,974 of 104,067
May 18, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #101,975 of 104,067
Y'all are sleeping on the HBB x Blon Z300 for classic rock. Not for metal or hard rock, but classic rock and reggae, y'all are sleeping on these!

May 18, 2024 at 3:32 AM Post #101,976 of 104,067
Hisenior Whitewhale is a big Yes for sound (a slight polish throughout the FR) and an even bigger YES for aesthetics on the T5S which continues to impress. ~100€ might be my new limit of diminishing returns.

1000013433.jpg

May 18, 2024 at 4:53 AM Post #101,977 of 104,067
The Tanchjim 4U is a DMT-4 LCP DD IEM.

4U 2.jpg

The zinc alloy shells fit very well, they are small bean shaped designs akin to those Shure-type housings. There's a mirror-like faceplate, it definitely looks elegant, but may be a potential scratch or fingerprint magnet (so do baby them carefully!).

4U 1.jpg

Unlike the run-of-the-mill tuning switch or nozzle craze, the 4U - as per its namesake - has four tuning options via an adjustable rotary bass dial, something similar to the Sennheiser IE80S. This involves using a screwdriver-like tool to turn the dial - it turns easily enough, but this will require good eyesight and steady hands.

So we have a legit 4 tunings, from a cold neutral bright one (blue graph), to a more bassy warm neutral presentation in the red graph. The other tunings lie within these 2 extremes:
Tanchjim 4U.jpg

After playing around with the dial, I preferred the red bassiest config (haha I like my bass). This isn't a basshead set even on this configuration, with a 7 dB bass shelf. Bass is punchy, though not with the deepest rumble. Speed and texturing are decent. The midrange is transparent and clean, with a 7 dB ear gain translating to forward vocals without shout. Treble has decent extension without much sibilance.

Pretty well balanced tonally, all things considered. Fans of something thinner and leaner can opt for the less bassy dials of course.

Timbre is excellent and ultra-natural, as expected of a single DD. When I spoke to the HIFIGO rep at Can Jam Singapore, the estimated release pricing would be sub $100 USD; technicalities are at least above average for a single DD at sub-$100 USD, imaging in particular is quite strong on this IEM. Will need to do further A/B comparisons against other benchmarks and report back, but this is a set worthy of consideration for timbre lovers that want something balanced and versatile.

May 18, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #101,978 of 104,067

4U 2.jpg

The zinc alloy shells fit very well, they are small bean shaped designs akin to those Shure-type housings. There's a mirror-like faceplate, it definitely looks elegant, but may be a potential scratch or fingerprint magnet (so do baby them carefully!).

4U 1.jpg

Unlike the run-of-the-mill tuning switch or nozzle craze, the 4U - as per its namesake - has four tuning options via an adjustable rotary bass dial, something similar to the Sennheiser IE80S. This involves using a screwdriver-like tool to turn the dial - it turns easily enough, but this will require good eyesight and steady hands.

So we have a legit 4 tunings, from a cold neutral bright one (blue graph), to a more bassy warm neutral presentation in the red graph. The other tunings lie within these 2 extremes:
Tanchjim 4U.jpg

After playing around with the dial, I preferred the red bassiest config (haha I like my bass). This isn't a basshead set even on this configuration, with a 7 dB bass shelf. Bass is punchy, though not with the deepest rumble. Speed and texturing are decent. The midrange is transparent and clean, with a 7 dB ear gain translating to forward vocals without shout. Treble has decent extension without much sibilance.

Pretty well balanced tonally, all things considered. Fans of something thinner and leaner can opt for the less bassy dials of course.

Timbre is excellent and ultra-natural, as expected of a single DD. When I spoke to the HIFIGO rep at Can Jam Singapore, the estimated release pricing would be sub $100 USD; technicalities are at least above average for a single DD at sub-$100 USD, imaging in particular is quite strong on this IEM. Will need to do further A/B comparisons against other benchmarks and report back, but this is a set worthy of consideration for timbre lovers that want something balanced and versatile.

Only the highest bass setting seems usable to me.

May 18, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #101,980 of 104,067

4U 2.jpg

4U 1.jpg

Tanchjim 4U.jpg

I brought these from the CanJam, i use these as my gym partner now a days haha.

May 18, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #101,981 of 104,067
Hisenior Whitewhale is a big Yes for sound (a slight polish throughout the FR) and an even bigger YES for aesthetics on the T5S which continues to impress. ~100€ might be my new limit of diminishing returns.

1000013433.jpg
This cable comes with Mega5EST. Lovely cable.

May 18, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #101,983 of 104,067
May 18, 2024 at 5:31 AM Post #101,984 of 104,067
There was something between simgot ea 1000 an timsok ts 316 that was scratch my head. I for very long time cant say what was that and after all have heureka moment. Actualy timsok is warmer little more flater not v shape. But for left right iam sure ea 1000 more open. So why i wont listen openes on timsok. And i know it because these openes is not left, right it is in the middle. Ea 1000 have middle in song botched together. Still ea 1000 can do it very hard fight on some songs.

May 18, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #101,985 of 104,067
How's Acoustone HS2000MX Mk.III compared to it? Have you tried HS2k?

Of the many single DDs I’ve owned, I’ve yet to try any Acoustune IEM - definitely an itch I have to scratch at some point!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back