The discovery thread!
May 1, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #100,217 of 102,622
Pulled the trigger on Rhapsody & NiceHCK RedAg 4N cable - this synergy pairing should be cool when mixing tracks, given that the CCA have tuneable EQ's switches. :L3000:
Nice, congrats!
The RedAg cable is a little stiff imo, but otherwise, it's a very nice cable.

Speaking of CCA - I never thought I'd say this but, the Hydro sure looks cool... it's been getting rave reviews pretty much everywhere I've seen and it has my attention. I'm tempted to pick them up for the culture.

May 1, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #100,218 of 102,622
Speaking of CCA - I never thought I'd say this but, the Hydro sure looks cool... it's been getting rave reviews pretty much everywhere I've seen and it has my attention. I'm tempted to pick them up for the culture.
The Hydro looks promising for sure. I'm picking one up.

May 1, 2024 at 11:27 AM Post #100,219 of 102,622
The Hydro looks promising for sure. I'm picking one up.
Wouldn't expect anything less! I'll be on the lookout for your review, brother!

May 1, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #100,221 of 102,622
May 1, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #100,222 of 102,622
Nice, congrats!
The RedAg cable is a little stiff imo, but otherwise, it's a very nice cable.

I'm currently wearing MeetAlice 6N attached to Delci - so I don't mind the yarn/fabric weave, admittedly it's less pliable but will improve longevity of the cable. Hydro definitely looks tempting at that low price - seems like CCA have definitely nailed the ideal treble extension with that set....alas the shells are humungous & make even the Rhapsody look petite in comparison !!

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #100,223 of 102,622
May 1, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #100,224 of 102,622
May 1, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #100,225 of 102,622
The intro is good and engaging. eff it, I could use a new pretty Open Back. Build Quality and comfort looks pretty darn good.

@domq422 thanks brother. Your photos inspire me to do better and improve.

From what I've read, people really enjoyed them when they got them (Verum 1 that is). I think there was a review on ASR? Considering how nice they look, I'd be tempted to take that flyer too.

May 1, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #100,226 of 102,622
I've always wanted to try the Verum.
After I had ordered the first pair of VERUM1mk2 (I have a vendor who has them in stock),
I instantly ordered the second pair after I received the first pair.

I think that says enough about how much I like Verum1mk2.

Now, I am eagerly waiting for the Verum2 to show up, and I am grabbing a pair.

Don't forget the SASH, too... :wink:

Cheers!

May 1, 2024 at 12:05 PM Post #100,227 of 102,622
I'm currently wearing MeetAlice 6N attached to Delci - so I don't mind the yarn/fabric weave, admittedly it's less pliable but will improve longevity of the cable. Hydro definitely looks tempting at that low price - seems like CCA have definitely nailed the ideal treble extension with that set....alas the shells are humungous & make even the Rhapsody look petite in comparison !!
That MeetAlice cable has always caught my eye, I've just never pulled the trigger on it for whatever reason. I don't mind fabric cables either, but If I'm going to go the fabric route, I usually go with Hakugei cables now a days. They seem to just really understand how to make cables super soft and pliable. Speaking on the size of the Hydro, I get it - Luckily, I've been blessed with bigger ears so large IEMs never give me trouble :beyersmile: for reference, the STORM fit me really well and I had no issues. Now those are HUGE!
@domq422 thanks brother. Your photos inspire me to do better and improve.
Ah, get out of here, man! Thanks so much. That means a lot

May 1, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #100,229 of 102,622
That MeetAlice cable has always caught my eye, I've just never pulled the trigger on it for whatever reason. I don't mind fabric cables either, but If I'm going to go the fabric route, I usually go with Hakugei cables now a days. They seem to just really understand how to make cables super soft and pliable. Speaking on the size of the Hydro, I get it - Luckily, I've been blessed with bigger ears so large IEMs never give me trouble :beyersmile: for reference, the STORM fit me really well and I had no issues. Now those are HUGE!
Tbf I stayed with my Kinboofi SPC & didn't use the MeetAlice for ages - cos it got a lot of hype last summer, alas some members claimed it was sub par & had quality issues. I contacted Jim at NiceHCK who was unaware of any complaints. The Storm do look crazy big lol....Hydro are definitely on my next buy shortlist...cheers !! :beerchug:

May 1, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #100,230 of 102,622

Users who are viewing this thread

Back