The discovery thread!
Feb 17, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #95,581 of 103,549
Yes, I have seen a few TINs in the since April 2022? Though this one is lean. And I mean I can still enjoy when lean is done right, but no this IEM earned a 3 out of 5 sorry to say. :frowning2:

The TINHIFI T5 May 7th, 2021
The TINHIFI T1S April 26th, 2022
The TINHIFI Giant Panda Planar April 28th, 2022
The TINHIFI Tin Buds TWS June 24th, 2022
The TINHIFI T2 DLC October 20th, 2022
The TINHIFI C2 January 10th, 2023
The TINHIFI T4 PLUS January 11th, 2023
The TINHIFI C3 January 20th, 2023
The TINHIFI C5 April 20th, 2023
The TINHIFI C0 ELF October 17th, 2023
The TINHIFI T5S February 4th, 2024
The TINHIFI T2 MKII February 17th, 2024

But the new TINHIFI T5S is the absolute bomb, I recently hooked it up to the thick WM1Z and RENATA cable and it was complete love!
I do agree. The TinHifi T5S is a solid bomb. Bombastic bass and a lovely timbre. I love it.

Feb 17, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #95,582 of 103,549
Juzear 41t don't suits for music with lot of bass. It's quite neutral, just a little dark and with a little bright treble IEM.
Instead if someone have a powerful source Shozy P20 Labyrinth will be good idea
Well, I dont try the 41T, but it has the same kind of bass frequencies on the FR like the FH5, but with less db.

Anyways, is more about the long bass, with some warm on the uppermids what Im talking about.

Feb 17, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #95,583 of 103,549
I am keeping EA2000 for sure! :)
I'm keeping my EW200, and the EA1000 are excellent. I enjoyed them, but the Trio has a technical performance that is pretty much in the same neighborhood. Now it's not as refined as the EA1000, from top to bottom, with superior resolution, but if I want a "refined" tuning, I can always reach for the OD200 or the Aures, so I decided to let them go to a home where they will get more use and be enjoyed by someone at a good price.

Feb 17, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #95,585 of 103,549
I do agree. The TinHifi T5S is a solid bomb. Bombastic bass and a lovely timbre. I love it.
The T5S seems to be constructed in the most marvelous shape, where maybe I’m wrong, but I have never seen a CNC shell so snug fitting and feel so good? It is their flagship, and a new tune as far as I can hear. Sure it very much emulates the C3 graphically, except the driver is a whole different ball of wax. So even though they may graph close to the same, there is better T5S bass imaging and detail, better stage footprint and over all maturity of sound. Then switch a unique cable like the Penon RENATA, which is known for boosting authority, and increasing stage, and the T5S wakes from its sleep and performs even better upper treble expansions, into what its full potential could be? IMO

Feb 17, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #95,586 of 103,549
Ask here and we all will say different models :beerchug:

Fatfreq Maestro Mini is not my first pick, but its still very good V shaped set.
Meteor bass is not the best, while its big and deep its far away from the quality of a good DD.
Seeing you like EDM/Prog House I would recommend something else:

Timsok TS-316 is excellent for electronica and bassy music, with speedy and energetic sound. High quality bass for rumbles and slams. Perhaps love it more on techno and technical electronica.
634ears Miroak II, warm and engaging sound with great slam and organic tonality. Love it myself for stuff like dub or Prog House.
VE SiE delivers a thick bass thats really fun and engaging, still have good energy up top so it doesn't sound dark. Sounds good on most genres that like bass, some would maybe want more sub bass extension since this have thick midbass going into the mids.
TSMR X also have a great bass quality, good texture and slam hard.
Final Audio E5000, this is also something I haven't tried. But is said to be legendary for its dark sound with full bass. I know many who loves it.
Thieaudio Hype4 I haven't tried myself, but my bass electronica aficionado loves it for electronica. One of the best bass performances for him on electronica.
Thanks. I have the TSMR preordered. Probably see it in a year. Glad I was considering the right IEM in the Timsok.

Feb 17, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #95,587 of 103,549
Thanks. I have the TSMR preordered. Probably see it in a year. Glad I was considering the right IEM in the Timsok.
I would double check the fit with somewhere who accepts returns and make sure you have a good cable for the Timsok, the two most common complaints I have seen about that IEM.

I truly don't think i have heard someone speak ill of the sound on that thing though, seems universally loved.

Feb 17, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #95,588 of 103,549
New in today Meyer Audio and the SLIIVO SL41 4BA 1 DD I think my set has the Logo misspelled on my early sample LOL.

I originally thought they were the same as the PULA but nope dont sound anything like love this tuning as well.

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
C$252.38 44%OFF | SLIIVO 1DD+4BA IEM Hybrid Technology In-Ear Headphones 10 Drivers Hifi In-Ear Monitor 2-Pin Balanced Plug Noise Cancelling
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrCtHTu
20240216_165640.jpg20240216_141550.jpggraph-17.pnggraph-16.png
First of all, I’m a big fan. Please don’t misinterpret this….. but what is the strategy with your IEM purchases of lesser known brands? Blindfold yourself, type in IEM in AliExpress, and go to check out? 😂😂😂

Feb 17, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #95,589 of 103,549
First of all, I’m a big fan. Please don’t misinterpret this….. but what is the strategy with your IEM purchases of lesser known brands? Blindfold yourself, type in IEM in AliExpress, and go to check out? 😂😂😂
I like shiny things and I buy them to make nesting boxes.

Most times I buy dogs, sometimes I strike gold. Someone has to be the guinea pig on blind buys.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #95,590 of 103,549
World Premiere!
I hope I don't get heat for posting this, as it is suppose to come out tomorrow?

A462AA57@3BCD524B.E88FBB65.jpg

NICEHCK Himalaya
① Titanium alloy cavity
② Dynamic driver(10mm dual magnetic dual layer CNT dynamic, with the latest technology in the industry)
③ Super flagship level

(USD price not yet confirmed)

DSC_1580.jpegas.jpeg

DSC_1581.jpegas.jpeg

DSC_1582.jpegas.jpeg

DSC_1597.jpegas.jpeg

DSC_1590.jpegsd.jpeg

DSC_1624.jpegsd.jpeg

So it has three tuning nozzles, I have only used the included, but this is crazy separated. In fact when I was doing the photo processing here, I was almost positive I was listening to a Hybrid? Also I forgot to photograph the cleaning brush in the last picture.

How do I describe the HIMALAYA?
Well, first off it totally sounds like a TOTL Flagship. Big and involving pace laden details overlapped with gobs of layering and spread out imaging items. The 3Dness and the speed/transients are insane here. When I first dropped them in, I thought it was the best thing I had heard all year. And I kept saying, this Hybrid has great timbre, I forgot it is a single full-range DD, only? Really the best DD I have yet to hear. Sure I say this often, but this one is the SCHIIT! Bass is just the right amount, yet deep but super fast here? Yet the Christmas present is the separated imaging.........never heard an IEM like it, this is the SIMGOT killer, is what it is, nozzle changeouts and all........and they beat them with the presentation, of course it is way more money too.............can't forget that. Guitars here shimmer and sparkle, harmonics seemingly effervescent now, and in timbre, exactly.

Edit:
Even though they are titanium they are still 12grams each.....Lol

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 7:58 PM Post #95,591 of 103,549
Ask here and we all will say different models :beerchug:

Fatfreq Maestro Mini is not my first pick, but its still very good V shaped set.
Meteor bass is not the best, while its big and deep its far away from the quality of a good DD.
Seeing you like EDM/Prog House I would recommend something else:

Timsok TS-316 is excellent for electronica and bassy music, with speedy and energetic sound. High quality bass for rumbles and slams. Perhaps love it more on techno and technical electronica.
634ears Miroak II, warm and engaging sound with great slam and organic tonality. Love it myself for stuff like dub or Prog House.
VE SiE delivers a thick bass thats really fun and engaging, still have good energy up top so it doesn't sound dark. Sounds good on most genres that like bass, some would maybe want more sub bass extension since this have thick midbass going into the mids.
TSMR X also have a great bass quality, good texture and slam hard.
Final Audio E5000, this is also something I haven't tried. But is said to be legendary for its dark sound with full bass. I know many who loves it.
Thieaudio Hype4 I haven't tried myself, but my bass electronica aficionado loves it for electronica. One of the best bass performances for him on electronica.
(and I am waiting for E5000, really curious about it's bass :) )

Word of warning about the Final E5000.

It is one of the hardest IEMs to drive, due to the low 93 dB/mW sensitivity. Requires an amp as such. If not driven well - and I don't mean volume, but more of a current issue - then the E5000's bass is flabby, one-noted with loss of texture. It sounds very muddy and smears for fast bass tracks then. Driving to adequate volume is not the same as driving well, for the E5000.

Thankfully, it sounds like a totally different animal when well juiced, but the problem is most dongles or even DAPs can't do the sonics justice. Mostly it requires desktop grade amps for optimal sonics. The only outlier dongles I found that could power it well would be the Fiio KA13 and KA17 (550 mW and 650 mW on desktop mode respectively).

Even so, the E5000 is not too proficient technically against the recent influx of midFI single DDs like Simgot EA1000, Tanchjim Origin, DUNU Falcon Ultra etc, and the dark treble is a bit niche (not for trebleheads).

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #95,592 of 103,549
DSC_1628.jpegqw.jpeg

PENON OS133 Type-C to 3.5mm Audio/4.4mm Balanced 384KHz/32bit USB DAC AMP Cable Adapter for iOS/Android
Description

CX31993+ MAX97220 Type-C 384 KHz/32bit digital audio USB Amplifier
It‘’s a Type-C digital audio headphone USB adapter PCBA solution.
The built-in CX31993 digital audio codec chip and MAX97220 power amplifier chip support up to 384KHz/32bit sampling rate.
Excellent mobile compatibility for iOS and Android .
The product size is small and the appearance is beautiful.
Specification
Interface: Type-C
Analog Earphone impedance: 32ohm
Decoding rate: up to support DAC 384KHz/32bit; ADC 96KHz/24bit
SNR @1kHz: 100dB
THD+ N@1 KHz: -93dB
Crosstalk suppression @1 KHz: -55dB
Cable material: 4 shares,single share is 133 cores. Black nylon sheath,OFC silver-plated cable with carbon fiber plug accessories
Cable length: 8-9cm (without plug)
Cable total length with plugs : 3.5mm is about 14-15cm , 4.4mm is about 15-16cm
Available type :
Type-C to 3.5mm Audio
Type-C to 4.4mm Balanced

$34.90

First impressions here:
So it is the OS133 cable attached to a 4.4mm or 3.5mm to make a kind of Dongle. Yet the USB Type-C takes and makes this incredibly ergonomic, more ergonomic than a regular Dongle. I will place it as the Type-C bottom of the HiBy R3 II, and it is maybe better than the Penon Tail even. Just black background as night, and no messing around with any buttons or anything. Now because this is 4 shares of OS33 cable,, it means that it is equal to the Penon Space. Meaning it is exactly like th Penon Space as far as total cores, sounds clean and pure with zero color, just like the Penon Space! Simply a bit involving stage. At the price this is and the total ease of use this is, it really makes it a no-brainer! I can’t see the down-side of a product like this, though it is giant in comparison to the Apple Dongle. Beautiful size of stage and good separation at hand, while more up-front than the WM1A or MW1Z, still truly this OS33 DAC/Amp has a certain width and surprisingly excellent detail. :) You have to hear it to believe what it can do!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #95,593 of 103,549
That fancy dap is a Lotoo Paw Gold Touch.

I spent some good time comparing the Supernova and Butastur in the evening. I am glad to report that I find Supernova ahead of Butatsur. The sound on Supernova is definitely more mature. The bass has a lot more quantity and quality, too. Mids, which gain weight from the lower end, have more body and sound a lot fuller on Supernova. Butastur has better treble and has more sparkle up top. The midrange on Butatsur is thinner.

I think, after spending some more time with Supernova, I am more aligned with it's tuning. However, the resolution is definitely not very sharp. The timbre is really good, but not as good as something like Softear Twilight. The bass can be more precise, something like the OH700VB has. With the limited amount of time I have spent with the Supernova and OH700VB, I find the latter to be a more capable set. OH700VB has amazing bass. I need to do a proper comparison of both of these iems. @o0genesis0o Have you compared both of these iems?

Supernova seems to have picked up the best of everything—something like an all-rounder but not specifically doing anything extra special. Let me report back on Supernova after a few days.

1708013203478.jpeg
Thanks for the updated impressions, mate! Totally agree that supernova does not have the sharpest resolution. The micro details are great, but the incisiveness of the transients and instrument positioning is a touch blurry.

I haven't tried anything from that OH manufacturer. They are not quite on my radar, and I think it's even more so from their side. I have no doubt that their IEMs are good and interesting. Anything that deviates from the true Harman target is interesting for me, not because they will be good, but because I'm so bored of the Harman-ish :dt880smile:

Speaking of Harman, I'm testing a single DD, full Harman (manufacturer's claim) for NiceHck at the moment. It's an IEM called Jialai Carat (this one: https://twitter.com/hckexin/status/1758667978584060105)

The technical performance is a stand out factor, comparing to the bog standard tuning. However, I will need more testing because it's very likely that the HiBy R8II is doing the heavy lifting in this pairing.

Another caveat is that I don't have any of those high performing Simgot DD on hands to compare. I do have Dunu Falcon Ultra though, so I'll compare more carefully with that.

Interestingly, I loved the stock (brighter) tuning of Falcon Ultra when reviewing it. A few months later, I, like others, much prefer the golden nozzles (warmer) tuning. I guess when it comes to single DD, they are unlikely to be as technical as good full BA sets, so let's just get a warm and enjoyable tuning and call it a day.

Doing battery measurements for the DAPs as suggested by some good folks on this thread. Will share the video in a few weeks.

Feb 17, 2024 at 8:31 PM Post #95,594 of 103,549
Word of warning about the Final E5000.

It is one of the hardest IEMs to drive, due to the low 93 dB/mW sensitivity. Requires an amp as such. If not driven well - and I don't mean volume, but more of a current issue - then the E5000's bass is flabby, one-noted with loss of texture. It sounds very muddy and smears for fast bass tracks then. Driving to adequate volume is not the same as driving well, for the E5000.

Thankfully, it sounds like a totally different animal when well juiced, but the problem is most dongles or even DAPs can't do the sonics justice. Mostly it requires desktop grade amps for optimal sonics. The only outlier dongles I found that could power it well would be the Fiio KA13 and KA17 (550 mW and 650 mW on desktop mode respectively).

Even so, the E5000 is not too proficient technically against the recent influx of midFI single DDs like Simgot EA1000, Tanchjim Origin, DUNU Falcon Ultra etc, and the dark treble is a bit niche (not for trebleheads).
Final E5000 is like driving a pair of planar headphones. Or a pair of IEMs from Symphonium. I have seen quite a few people driving these IEMs with a Schiit stack to get the most out of them.

Fun and geeking aside, IMHO, it's a design failure from Final Audio to make a portable earphones that do not play nicely with most portable DAC/amps.

Feb 17, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #95,595 of 103,549
Final E5000 is like driving a pair of planar headphones. Or a pair of IEMs from Symphonium. I have seen quite a few people driving these IEMs with a Schiit stack to get the most out of them.

Fun and geeking aside, IMHO, it's a design failure from Final Audio to make a portable earphones that do not play nicely with most portable DAC/amps.

Apparently Hi Fri did a tear down of the Final E5000 previously and discovered it was extremely dampened:
https://www.facebook.com/Seventhday...CWBCs7BF4YeZhps5yBPTLjck3m3AooKoJi5aMXGHycRXl

Capture.PNG

From DIYers, there's rumours that the entire Final E series uses the same micro DD, just that the tuning and damping is different from the cheapest to the most expensive E5000, plus the more expensive models are detachable in the cable.

I think in the past, some high sensitivity/high impedance IEMs gave issues with source pairing due to hiss or improper pairing with high output impedance sources. So perhaps manufacturers just lowered the sensitivity to remove complains from consumers with less robust sources. Kind of a legacy thing. But nowadays, most dongles (even cheap ones) should all be pretty well designed in low OI and minimal noise floor, so there's no need to game the system anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back