The discovery thread!
Feb 7, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #94,921 of 106,675
If this argument was an IEM it would be burned in already, give it a restttttt

Anyway Linsoul sale started and it is bad, booo. About to spend a bunch of money on cables I think, yayyyyy… someone sell Ivipq cables in the US so I don’t have to use AE ever again please

Edit - pics attached for what I think I’m ordering
Some really attractive choices there.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:42 PM Post #94,922 of 106,675
what if we get asked the same number of hours for burn-in as the pair costs? Like 200$ IEM get a suggested 200-hour burn-in time. I wonder will we be ever able to witness a properly burned-in UM new flagship lol.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #94,924 of 106,675
People can believe whatever they want, however the "burn in" crowd and cable-crowd constantly try to dissuade people who aren't impressed with what they purchased by suggesting to them that their IEM's will magically sound better after 'X' hours, or worse yet, once they spend hundreds of dollars on some magic aftermarket cable.

These opinions literally influence buying decisions. It's kind of worth discussing.
No. It's not worth discussing, because it has gotten this thread shut down before. BUYER BEWARE. DO YOUR RESEARCH. IF YOU DON'T LIKE A PURCHASE...TIP ROLL, CABLE ROLL, BURN IN, AND IF THAT DOESN'T WORK...SELL IT. You don't come on the discovery thread and argue over and over about it. So no, it's not worth discussing, because nobody is coming here purchasing an IEM or any other equipment solely based on if it changes in burn in or cable roll.

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:46 PM Post #94,926 of 106,675
Oh, so it's no problem to have people proclaiming as fact that 'X' IEM "sounds better with burn-in" which has nothing to do with discoveries, but when someone challenges that completely subjective opinion they all of a sudden need to "stay on topic" LOL?

I am staying on topic. The last few pages are about burn-in. Don't get butthurt that I said something you didn't like.
The topic of this THREAD is Discoveries. The ongoing subject of the thread is not the topic, it's called an aside, and it's not on topic, and it's a subject for other threads, and it's going to escalate to closing the thread by admin, so ghow ab out standing down and moving on?

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #94,928 of 106,675
I should try the Coreir tips on the VE bonus? See if that makes a difference in the sound? It's a really bassy IEM, and it seems VE likes to tune their IEMs bassy?

Feb 7, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #94,929 of 106,675
If this argument was an IEM it would be burned in already, give it a restttttt

Anyway Linsoul sale started and it is bad, booo. About to spend a bunch of money on cables I think, yayyyyy… someone sell Ivipq cables in the US so I don’t have to use AE ever again please

Edit - pics attached for what I think I’m ordering
Tried Hakugei cables?

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #94,930 of 106,675
That first ivipQ cable is the one I have on my DTE900 and really like it.
Very soft and non-microphonic, too
ugh i am grateful to hear this from someone's opinion i trust lol
Some really attractive choices there.
thanks! my IEMs are so boring right now, and I need 4.4 on all of them. I can get all this for around what I was looking to spend on a "flagship" cable for just one...
Tried Hakugei cables?
i have not, there were a couple I was looking at though! are there any you can recommend?

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #94,931 of 106,675
Tried Hakugei cables?
The Hakugei Rose is one of my favorites, especially for the money.

Capture+_2024-02-07-15-05-34.png

Also really like the Juzear Limpid SPC cable.

Capture+_2024-02-07-15-04-46.png

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #94,932 of 106,675
I left a comment in Cheap, Affordable Cables, but still no suggestions.
Is it OK that I copy and paste that comment here?
I don't see why not? You're guiding people to discovery choices.

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #94,933 of 106,675
ugh i am grateful to hear this from someone's opinion i trust lol

thanks! my IEMs are so boring right now, and I need 4.4 on all of them. I can get all this for around what I was looking to spend on a "flagship" cable for just one...

i have not, there were a couple I was looking at though! are there any you can recommend?
Be careful with the Hakugei cable with QC. The modular cable that came with my Sea Elf purchase broke at the point just above the modular cable connect, after extremely light use, so I'm not convinced with their QC.

Feb 7, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #94,934 of 106,675
Be careful with the Hakugei cable with QC. The modular cable that came with my Sea Elf purchase broke at the point just above the modular cable connect, after extremely light use, so I'm not convinced with their QC.
I've heard from others about their inconsistent QC but have had no issues thus far.
That being said, I greatly prefer soldered terminations over modular ones because of long-term durability.
In fact, I have a nice cable (not Hakugei) that has separated from its modular end and I need someone to solder a 4.4mm plug on for me.
If anyone could be of assistance, I'd be eternally grateful.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #94,935 of 106,675
Reached out to Symphonium if they want to send over a pair, I'll redo it full style review on the Meteor if so, after reading Dom (excellent review 👌) I want go give it another go. Another ting I do want to perhaps buy the Crimson this spring, need to save some cash first if so.

Either the unit of Meteor I was testing from my friend @Erkil was a lemon, or we talk about seal problems fu__ing up.

No IEM I have heard other than Meteor been so veiled, it was like listening to music playing in another room. Tbh wouldn't make sense to make it like this, only explanation is that something is wrong.
Would also really like to try another pair. I traded my pair to a guy already having another pair of Meteors, and he never complained. He sold his old pair, and still have mine. For me they where a little bit dark sounding, with what I call wooly bass. Maybe some bleed into mids? BTW new owner have 64Audios, CA Andromeda Ti gold, Crimson, Supernova and more, so there is no lack of good IEM’s in his possession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back