The discovery thread!
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:35 AM Post #92,686 of 106,697
Speaking of Simgot, anyone try out their dongle dac/amp the DEW3?
1704817145227.png
Speaking of DAC/AMPs, I just got Snowy Night today. Man it sounds very clean and accurate. Not in a clinical way, but in a good way. Following the Simgot IEMs, I am kind of excited for this one as well.

Jan 9, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #92,687 of 106,697
I will be getting one soon. Will report how it is. I would imagine it will pair extremely well with Simgots own IEMs.
1704818575437.png

So Fia Lam of Simgot asked me to review their LC7 cable which did here. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-lc7-iem-cable.26954/review/32652/
Beyond the belief of cable effects on a sound the LC7 is a much more substantial cable in comparison to the included cables on Simgot IEMs. EA200, EA500 and EA1000. All 3 use very similar material as what is on this particular cable. The benefit of using similar material for the LC7 is that it does not change the tonal character of what was intended about these Simgot IEMs. However none of those included cables come in balanced form. Here is where the LC7 will comes into play. No secret dynamic IEMs loves a bit of power. Easiest way to get that power is by using a balanced cable which the LC7 is a modular cable with an optional 4.4mm connector.

Its not the bees knees when it comes to value at $70. You can buy a new EA500 LM for that much. But for folks that already own a set or two of Simgots works. This is indeed an upgraded cable on the sound you love about their IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #92,688 of 106,697
I will be getting one soon. Will report how it is. I would imagine it will pair extremely well with Simgots own IEMs.
1704818575437.png

So Fia Lam of Simgot asked me to review their LC7 cable which did here. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-lc7-iem-cable.26954/review/32652/
Beyond the belief of cable effects on a sound the LC7 is a much more substantial cable in comparison to the included cables on Simgot IEMs. EA200, EA500 and EA1000. All 3 use very similar material as what is on this particular cable. The benefit of using similar material for the LC7 is that it does not change the tonal character of what was intended about these Simgot IEMs. However none of those included cables come in balanced form. Here is where the LC7 will comes into play. No secret dynamic IEMs loves a bit of power. Easiest way to get that power is by using a balanced cable which the LC7 is a modular cable with an optional 4.4mm connector.

Its not the bees knees when it comes to value at $70. You can buy a new EA500 LM for that much. But for folks that already own a set or two of Simgots works. This is indeed an upgraded cable on the sound you love about their IEMs.
I'm a fan of thicker cables to go round my Dumbo sized ears

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #92,689 of 106,697
Talking of Dongles the Shanling H2 is shaping up to be a incredible value for money option with the added value of SD card option and 630mw of balanced power

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #92,690 of 106,697
1704818575437.png

This cable is fantastic. Enjoying it with the EA1000.

Jan 9, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #92,691 of 106,697
Hello Peeps,

Long time no complete review posting from me haha. But today I have this writeup on this special IEM, the Celest Plutus Beast. TBH, the name sounds strong and powerful, and that perfectly depicts the sound of this beautifully crafted pair of in-ear monitors. Strong, Slamming bass response, forwarded midrange, and slightly darkish treble. A perfect blend of relaxing and satisfying IEM at a budget.

Check out my complete review here:-
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/celest-plutus-beast.26944/reviews#review-32669

Some Eye Candy for my friends:-
1.jpg

6.jpg

10.jpg

Thank You!!

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #92,692 of 106,697
Hello Peeps,

Long time no complete review posting from me haha. But today I have this writeup on this special IEM, the Celest Plutus Beast. TBH, the name sounds strong and powerful, and that perfectly depicts the sound of this beautifully crafted pair of in-ear monitors. Strong, Slamming bass response, forwarded midrange, and slightly darkish treble. A perfect blend of relaxing and satisfying IEM at a budget.

Check out my complete review here:-
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/celest-plutus-beast.26944/reviews#review-32669

Some Eye Candy for my friends:-
1.jpg
6.jpg
10.jpg
Thank You!!
Slightly darkish treble? This seems to be popping up in IEM's recently? PASS.

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #92,693 of 106,697
Promised Simgot to write some about EM6L, had it with me for a while now.
Warmer take on Harman, I know Harman tuned IEMs often get bad rep.
But I find this one is quite musical and fun, also represent a solid value for a 1+4 hybrid.

Made mini review. Feel free to read if its of any interest, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-em6-l.26639/review/32672/

DSCF3731.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #92,694 of 106,697
May I ask one simple question?

Is writing the specs in pros and cons section makes your review is an actual review?

Screenshot_2024_0109_213743.png

I wonder if it's because you receive so many review samples, simply rushing from one to another without giving too much attention? You post reviews so frequently, even been highlighted on the main page yet I barely can keep up reading because of writing style???

'New SG-01 3rd generation..." how is this a pros for a new reader let's say who didn't have any of the Reecho products?

"All new Carbon Nano Diaphragm" how is this pros? Just because it's CNT, it's always good?

"New SG-01 shell encasement design..." how is this pros? If you don't particularly write in pros section what kind of sound profile it led to?

"Resulting in... (from the OVA) yet kept in balance" so if a person doesn't know OVA, the person has to go read it and come back to understand what you really mean?

"Resulting in extra level of low-end detail...(from the OVA)..." same as previous.

"Cons: at 51.99.... Nothing to note" I don't know? Maybe you tell me???

Probably companies also don't give a d... they just check the stars and how many pros more written comparing to the below cons.

Pros : Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs

Cons : maybe nothing?

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #92,695 of 106,697
Promised Simgot to write some about EM6L, had it with me for a while now.
Warmer take on Harman, I know Harman tuned IEMs often get bad rep.
But I find this one is quite musical and fun, also represent a solid value for a 1+4 hybrid.

Made mini review. Feel free to read if its of any interest, cheers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-em6-l.26639/review/32672/

DSCF3731.jpg
Thanks Leo, great input as always. Apparently their DDs are great, also nicely done in this case. While with hybrids they still have quite a way to go.

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #92,696 of 106,697

Is writing the specs in pros and cons section makes your review is an actual review?

I wonder if it's because you receive so many review samples, simply rushing from one to another without giving too much attention? You post reviews so frequently, even been highlighted on the main page yet I barely can keep up reading because of writing style???

'New SG-01 3rd generation..." how is this a pros for a new reader let's say who didn't have any of the Reecho products?

"All new Carbon Nano Diaphragm" how is this pros? Just because it's CNT, it's always good?

"New SG-01 shell encasement design..." how is this pros? If you don't particularly write in pros section what kind of sound profile it led to?

"Resulting in... (from the OVA) yet kept in balance" so if a person doesn't know OVA, the person has to go read it and come back to understand what you really mean?

"Resulting in extra level of low-end detail...(from the OVA)..." same as previous.

Seriously if anyone really takes your reviews seriously, I feel really sorry for them.

Probably companies also don't give a d... they just check the stars and how many pros more written comparing to the below cons.

Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs

Though that is a little weird, tbh, I think all he's doing is setting that page up for others to review this particular IEM, or to prep his full review?

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #92,697 of 106,697

Seriously if anyone really takes your reviews seriously, I feel really sorry for them.

Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs

Oof you came in swinging and I cannot blame you.

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #92,698 of 106,697
Thanks Leo, great input as always. Apparently their DDs are great, also nicely done in this case. While with hybrids they still have quite a way to go.
They are coming with some higher end IEMs this year, think we can look forward to something good :L3000:

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #92,699 of 106,697

Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs

To be fair, the Pros and Cons section is basically the "tl;dr" section and I have to admit, that's the only section I read too when it's a product I'm not really interested in, but want to know a bit more about.

I think the All New Carbon Nano Diaphragm truly is one of his pros. I didn't read the review, but doing a search for the word "carbon" in the review, he's mentioned it 7 times!

Jan 9, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #92,700 of 106,697

Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs
Specs

The pros are resulting from actual changes in performance from physical alterations in design. Thus a third generation driver is actually a different driver, thus a pro. A new shell design is actually maybe, maybe not affecting the overall tone, but it’s different and yes this particular model sounds different than the “OVA”........... but the sound change is better. The company is conservatively changing the design and getting sound improvement, and yes, of course.....that is a pro.

As reviewers we don’t always know why a sound changes but list the difference so it will be noted. Especially this concept is important if a newer model of the similar design has both close to the same design yet subtle differences. Thus I’m listing the difference from the previous model and showing improvement and refinement in design and construction.

Writing the specifications down is showing features which create pros.

Adding that it is a CNT is showing buyers of the previous OVA model that it is a totally new driver, yes this is a pro as the sound has changed for the better.

It is perfectly fine if you don’t like my reviews. Each reviewer should have a section of people who like their reviews and a section of people who can’t relate to their reviews. Cheers. Have a good day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back