The discovery thread!
Nov 28, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #89,957 of 106,601
I bought the Kinera Ace 2 pin ($23.00). and will most likely buy the Hart replacement cables for the Arya ($55 + tax). I believe that will cost me less than $100. That is all I need.
I love it!

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #89,958 of 106,601
Nov 28, 2023 at 3:27 PM Post #89,959 of 106,601
Ok. I have a question:
Seeing what I currently have in my collection, would it make sense to buy a Sound Rhyme DTE900?
I've only listened to the 10th AE and Hype 2 from your list so I can't say if you have other similar sounding sets to the DTE900. I do like its sound signature over the 10th AE and Hype2 though. I think the DTE900s are more dynamic and have better bass quality than those two.

The only negative for me is the fit. With its long nozzles, I can always feel them deep in my ears whereas other IEMs tend to "disappear" after wearing them for a bit.

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #89,960 of 106,601
People should only post about cables in this thread once approved by @ToneDeafMonk or if he's talking about them himself. :smile:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/page-5993#post-17840407
This!
E58F818A-98D7-43ED-B37C-81DB650BE3B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 3:31 PM Post #89,961 of 106,601
From all of the impressions on the DTE900 I gather it's an easy blind buy if you've got an extra 700€ laying around. It's quite high on my Want List, but I'm waiting on Ascension vs. DTE900 - looking mostly at you, @Leonarfd 😉
the same exact thing I was going to answer on this lol I’m waiting to see an A/B but these are my next “all-rounder” upgrade ideas, with the scarlet mini for the bass cannon.

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #89,962 of 106,601
the same exact thing I was going to answer on this lol I’m waiting to see an A/B but these are my next “all-rounder” upgrade ideas, with the scarlet mini for the bass cannon.
Good plan, sir, cannot fault it. May our savings grow ever so surely.

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #89,963 of 106,601
IMG_6937.jpeg
IMG_6938.jpeg
IMG_6939.jpeg
IMG_6940.jpeg

ISN NEO1

These are my first ISN.
I won't beat around the bush too much:
they are amazing, regardless of the ridiculous price they have (40 USD).

If this is ISN's cheap starter, I hate to think what you get if you go higher.

They are very airy, clear and incisive in sound.

They have very punchy lows and strong high tones
(a bit too much for my personal tastes).

They have an amazing way of making the music scene.
(the arrangements are perceived in a unique way, worth trying).

Even the voices are rendered clearly and presently.

Another nice thing about these IEMs is that their sound output scales very well with the volume,
so even if you listen at low volume, you have the same pleasure as at higher volumes.

In this period I'm trying so many of those 'cheap' IEMs that are surprising (see for example ARTTI R1), that I'm starting to reflect with myself on more 'substantial' purchases.

They are comfortable to wear.
They have an insulation from the environment that I consider medium-high (standard tips)

The transport case is good and beautiful
(it seems to me the same as the IMR BC-2023).

The only negative note is represented by the cable:
it is very cheap
(it seems very similar to that of the Truthear Zero).

I paired them with an ISN CS02, because I like it and it gives me sex.

The cable is of good construction quality, but in my opinion it has the flaw of not being mechanically polarized in the part that must go over the ears, so it is a little uncomfortable to wear and you are not sure of not inverting the phase between left and right.

In my case, you have to insert the connectors on the IEMs so that the L and R writings (on the connectors) are facing towards the outside of the head.

The cable is also supplied together with the same transport case as the IEMs, which is very good,
because you can reuse it for another pair of IEMs.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #89,964 of 106,601
Nov 28, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #89,965 of 106,601

The cable is of good construction quality, but in my opinion it has the flaw of not being mechanically polarized in the part that must go over the ears, so it is a little uncomfortable to wear and you are not sure of not inverting the phase between left and right.

In my case, you have to insert the connectors on the IEMs so that the L and R writings (on the connectors) are facing towards the outside of the head.

The cable is also supplied together with the same transport case as the IEMs, which is very good,
Uh oh @Ferdinando1968..

1701204626679.png

I feel the same way about the CS02. I sent them back for warranty repair and asked Penon to install earhooks for me and they're way more comfortable now.

Nov 28, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #89,966 of 106,601
Ok. I have a question:
Seeing what I currently have in my collection, would it make sense to buy a Sound Rhyme DTE900?
Logically? Considering the sets you already have and have on the way, of course it makes no sense.

Does logic matter? Absolutely not, if you don’t want it to lol

Nov 28, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #89,970 of 106,601
Congratulations. I see the filter kit they gave you, in the photo. You may want to instal the cotton filters to get a slight reduction at 4.5kHz. That’s what I did. Oh and the ISN CS02.......I’m secretly in love with that cable. Oh wait.........I just remembered, if you read my CS02 cable review.....I openly love that cable! Cheers! Perfect choice!

Edit:
PM me if you need coaching on the filter instal.

ISN NEO1

These are my first ISN.
I won't beat around the bush too much:
they are amazing, regardless of the ridiculous price they have (40 USD).

If this is ISN's cheap starter, I hate to think what you get if you go higher.

They are very airy, clear and incisive in sound.

They have very punchy lows and strong high tones
(a bit too much for my personal tastes).

They have an amazing way of making the music scene.
(the arrangements are perceived in a unique way, worth trying).

Even the voices are rendered clearly and presently.

Another nice thing about these IEMs is that their sound output scales very well with the volume,
so even if you listen at low volume, you have the same pleasure as at higher volumes.

In this period I'm trying so many of those 'cheap' IEMs that are surprising (see for example ARTTI R1), that I'm starting to reflect with myself on more 'substantial' purchases.

They are comfortable to wear.
They have an insulation from the environment that I consider medium-high (standard tips)

The transport case is good and beautiful
(it seems to me the same as the IMR BC-2023).

The only negative note is represented by the cable:
it is very cheap
(it seems very similar to that of the Truthear Zero).

Uh oh @Ferdinando1968..

I feel the same way about the CS02. I sent them back for warranty repair and asked Penon to install earhooks for me and they're way more comfortable now.
Ear-hooks for the win!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back