The discovery thread!
Oct 27, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #87,736 of 106,702
SIMGOT EA1000
Easiest first impressions ever? OTB just the best SIMGOT ever. Smooth effortless midrange and treble, they finally have a real (no questions asked) winner on there hands here? I can't take them out of my ears? Just enough lows, which are fast and tactile? Amazing......I'm almost in tears here? :hushed:

There are somehow
transients totally emphasized in the low end, combined with the tuning, it's insane? Used just like the last picture, included cable, ear-tips and Sony WM1A with MrWalkman's firmware. Where the lows have this airy ability?

Man, I think that I haven't really heard too many negatives at all about this set!
Definitely a prospective 11.11 buy.
You had me at "fast and tactile."
😅😂

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 9:59 PM Post #87,737 of 106,702
Who's feeling rich? Or has an extra kidney to donate to science?

Luxury & Precision Flagship P6Pro Ti99 DAP
Lives up to the name of "luxury", at a very very affordable $4799 USD!

1698417485098.png

1698419231886.png

https://www.head-fi.org/.../luxury-precision-announced.../

Man, I think that I haven't really heard too many negatives at all about this set!
You Had me at "fast and tactile."
😅😂

I've briefly tested the EA1000, and it is an extremely technical and resolving set, has 3 tuning nozzles too. Beats a lot of similarly priced rivals in technicalities for sure.

Perhaps one con I can say is that there is a bit of glare at the upper mids region on some nozzles, so treble sensitive folk might find it overly bright. Though this seems to be a Simgot house sound tuning. Otherwise, it is a really good IEM. But upper mids region is quite subjective, it depends on volume played at (Fletcher munson curve), eartips used, hearing health and ear anatomy.

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #87,738 of 106,702

https://www.head-fi.org/.../luxury-precision-announced.../

I've briefly tested the EA1000, and it is an extremely technical and resolving set, has 3 tuning nozzles too. Beats a lot of similarly priced rivals in technicalities for sure.

Perhaps one con I can say is that there is a bit of glare at the upper mids region on some nozzles, so treble sensitive folk might find it overly bright. Though this seems to be a Simgot house sound tuning. Otherwise, it is a really good IEM. But upper mids region is quite subjective, it depends on volume played at (Fletcher munson curve), eartips used, hearing health and ear anatomy.
ALWAYS appreciate your input, Basky! :pray:

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #87,739 of 106,702

I'd give a kidney for that

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #87,740 of 106,702
Here is more first impressions and a box opening experience, for those interested.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:56 AMPost #50 of 50
You had me at "fast and tactile."
😅😂
"So I can go over the EA1000 maybe a little more here? The stage is somehow very big, but not just that, it's all imaged and everything seems in place? Where here they have gone and created a very accessible top-end. Doing away with any of the (slightly hot) brutish EA500 top. I haven't even explored the rest of the nozzles yet, don't need to, as this is dialed in.:)

I don't want to make these any more than they are, because they are not prefect, yet SIMGOT has also figured out a way to maximize the effect of their tuning in that there is inescapable note-weight, yet there could be a slight diminishment of low end for rock? I'm OK with that character, as for the money these are so very on point, yet probably better with some genres (other) than rock or EDM? Still they perform this miracle of bass transients? Where it's a totally detailed low-end.....like a pond that you can look down into. But if you were to throw rocks it would be a slight noticeable lack of kick with rock? Still these don't have burn-in yet? I just received them last night.

But what you end up with is a style of increadably guilty pleasure in that the SIMGOT EA1000 are like the best pair of desk-top speakers you ever heard. You are so blown-away by them that you search out the 80% of your library that they do perfect, then you literally can't take them out of your ears!

You know when they are talking about correct timbre from DDs, this is exactly what they are referencing!"

DSC_0029.jpegs.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #87,741 of 106,702
The Wind is really doing the new King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard album "The Silver Cord" justice.
Their music is VERY diverse, but this one is heavy on synths and vocoders, etc. (As seen on the cover).
I am digging both these and the Hype2.
A good start to the weekend, indeed!!! :beers:
1698459160803.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #87,742 of 106,702

Truthear Nova​

FIRST IMPRESSIONS​

Truthear Nova are the latest hybrid IEMs from the current chi-fi darling brand. It's a 1DD + 4BA setup, which is not too dissimilar to that of the Truthear Hexa. At $150, the Nova are the current "flagship" in Truthear's lineup, so a lot of expectation is riding on this one.

2X2A3056.jpg

Now, I did not like Hexa that much. They lack macrodynamic punch, transients sound dampened esp in the upper-treble region, and the staging/imaging was nothing to write home about for me.

The Nova fare better, quite a bit better in fact. The imaging is precise, transient attacks do not lack sharpness anymore, and the bass driver is noticeably better than the one Hexa used.

2X2A3047.jpg

The BA drivers inside are likely Bellsing or such, but thanks to the use of nozzle dampers, you don't get too much of the uncontrolled peaks those drivers can exhibit.

2X2A3057.jpg

In terms of overall sound, it's the same old "sub-bass-boosted neutral" that was popularized by "mid-bass bad" crowd. Male vocals lack weight and can come across as thin. Female vocals fare much better and have no shout or shrillness.

Treble is mostly "safe": not much sparkle but has decent extension. Better than Hexa again in this aspect.

Now, about things that I do not like:
  • Build is meh even though the faceplate looks nice and the nozzle is ergonomic.
  • Stock cable is too long and tangles a lot.
  • Slippery shells (same as Truthear Zero/Red)
  • Cringe waifu covers are getting beyond stale (ugh)
2X2A3054.jpg

In the end, many would ponder if the nearly 2x price jump over the Hexa is worth it. These sound better, no doubt, but of course, not twice as much better.

So I guess it's one of those that you should audition before pulling the trigger.

Oct 27, 2023 at 11:53 PM Post #87,743 of 106,702

Truthear Nova​

FIRST IMPRESSIONS​

Truthear Nova are the latest hybrid IEMs from the current chi-fi darling brand. It's a 1DD + 4BA setup, which is not too dissimilar to that of the Truthear Hexa. At $150, the Nova are the current "flagship" in Truthear's lineup, so a lot of expectation is riding on this one.

2X2A3056.jpg

Now, I did not like Hexa that much. They lack macrodynamic punch, transients sound dampened esp in the upper-treble region, and the staging/imaging was nothing to write home about for me.

The Nova fare better, quite a bit better in fact. The imaging is precise, transient attacks do not lack sharpness anymore, and the bass driver is noticeably better than the one Hexa used.

2X2A3047.jpg

The BA drivers inside are likely Bellsing or such, but thanks to the use of nozzle dampers, you don't get too much of the uncontrolled peaks those drivers can exhibit.

2X2A3057.jpg

In terms of overall sound, it's the same old "sub-bass-boosted neutral" that was popularized by "mid-bass bad" crowd. Male vocals lack weight and can come across as thin. Female vocals fare much better and have no shout or shrillness.

Treble is mostly "safe": not much sparkle but has decent extension. Better than Hexa again in this aspect.

Now, about things that I do not like:
  • Build is meh even though the faceplate looks nice and the nozzle is ergonomic.
  • Stock cable is too long and tangles a lot.
  • Slippery shells (same as Truthear Zero/Red)
  • Cringe waifu covers are getting beyond stale (ugh)
2X2A3054.jpg

In the end, many would ponder if the nearly 2x price jump over the Hexa is worth it. These sound better, no doubt, but of course, not twice as much better.

So I guess it's one of those that you should audition before pulling the trigger.
Ooh, look at that angelic waifu! I want

Oct 28, 2023 at 12:02 AM Post #87,744 of 106,702
New Beefy Penon ASOS 3-in-1 cable system.
DSC_0112.jpegw.jpeg
DSC_0114.jpegw.jpeg

DSC_0116.jpeg1111.jpeg

DSC_0118.jpegaa.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #87,745 of 106,702
New Penon Dome, impressions tomorrow.
DSC_0092.jpegw.jpeg

Oct 28, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #87,748 of 106,702
Been thinking this for a while but after reading a review of the XLS-One that finishes on this "XSL X-One seems to be as good as that of earphones priced at $100 or more"

It really is impossible to tell if any of the iems that get mentioned in this thread are worth getting.

Comments like the above and "this earphone is great especially when you consider the price" adds ambiguity.

If I pay $15 more for another iem am I know in a new bracket where the before mentioned product no longer holds up?

I know it can be useful for people with a set budget. But if for example my budget is $600 I have no idea which item offers the most. A review of a $70 item reads like it's fantastic until the final "one of the best sub $100 pairs you can get".

Just a young man shouting at clouds
I'm an old man shouting at clouds, and I feel ya. I typically avoid any IEM's where the reviewer adds those "disclaimers". To me wording like that translates to "pretty good but not great" or "has a lot of good qualities but not special," The times I was foolish enough to ignore it, I got exactly why I should have ignored it.

Oct 28, 2023 at 2:01 AM Post #87,749 of 106,702
Just got a delivery from Simgot, the EM6L and EA1000. Time for a fun weekend. First impression so far on EA1000 is very positive.

DSCF3746.jpg

DSCF3731.jpg
welcome the weekly Simgot pokemon now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back