The discovery thread!
May 5, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #78,166 of 106,739
Cadenza delivered now!
I plugged to DX320X amp11.2s and sounds amazing fully stock.
This is a goat on cheap iem world, it deserve every good words spent on it, I’m impressed! ☺️
Thanks @phila for your suggestion!

IMG_5710.jpegIMG_5712.jpegIMG_5713.jpegIMG_5714.jpeg
These are nuts! I have 2 of them as CIEM. :ksc75smile: Enjoy!

May 5, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #78,167 of 106,739
Cadenza delivered now!
I plugged to DX320X amp11.2s and sounds amazing fully stock.
This is a goat on cheap iem world, it deserve every good words spent on it, I’m impressed! ☺️
Thanks @phila for your suggestion!

IMG_5710.jpegIMG_5712.jpegIMG_5713.jpegIMG_5714.jpeg
Nice, maybe I should pick up a pair together with the Quartet and the Simgot EW100P. Weird they haven't announced the date yet for Quartet.

May 5, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #78,168 of 106,739
Thanks!

Yes, it’s patience and benevolence we need to deal with small ”Skunk Works” type.

My bad luck resides with the liason. The agent is subpar in communication skills and take good whole day to type an incomplete sentence.

There is a very good chance that Google translate is unavailable in certain countries. Pretty dangerous software if you're trying to restrict access to information! :triportsad:

May 5, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #78,169 of 106,739
Nice, maybe I should pick up a pair together with the Quartet and the Simgot EW100P. Weird they haven't announced the date yet for Quartet.
Cadenza hits good spot of Macro lover, and I think Cadenza hits well to metal genre too, the driver spec is just slightly above average though, no magic there.

May 5, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #78,171 of 106,739
I am very curious about what we will get from Truthear next time. I hope for a all BA set or maybe a tribrid. Starting to be some time since SHIO and HOLA launched.

The HOLA is still getting weekly use when playing PlayStation.

May 5, 2023 at 7:26 PM Post #78,173 of 106,739
Cadenza hits good spot of Macro lover, and I think Cadenza hits well to metal genre too, the driver spec is just slightly above average though, no magic there.
Good macrodynamics, excellent stage, and above average mids, but the bass is slower than the Ling long, and the treble lacks extension and air, thus affecting the perception of resolution, so while a winner in the budget world, technicalities keep it firmly planted in the budget realm.

May 5, 2023 at 9:08 PM Post #78,175 of 106,739
Taobao soldier 😭

So sad that I‘m literally having my $300 bet sitting on a very fragile see-saw that could be swiped away at anytime.

One chat exchange takes 24 hours, and my agent is idiotic as hell.

Agent: “seller said he will need to add your WeChat”

me: ok, complete your sentence of “how” to add…provide ID or something…

me: ”Ok, then. Provide me seller’s wechat ID”

24hr later

Agent ”sorry we couldn’t add you, please add my wechat ID”

What😱

The communication level is below 3 years old’s intelligence😰😰😰

Agent’s intelligence level is below average.

Sounds like my interactions with Ali regarding my failed Linglong. Luckily for me Linglongs aren't $300.. that would be infuriating.

Seller took a couple of days while using the nicest flowery language to offer me $5 back = No.. replacement or refund.

Ali support won't let me open a dispute because it's more than two weeks after receipt and they've release the $$$ to the seller.

Support agent acts super understanding, escalates the issue to level 2 support. Who come back and say that "my video showing the broken driver is invalid", because the product matches the description. "Product does not match description" is the only choice I have when raising an issue with service....

Being a westerner in a country with strong consumer protection laws that allow me to return an item if its unfit for purpose (IE: not functioning) up to something like seven years after purchasing, dealing with this stuff is maddening and usually results in me doing a credit card reversal.

Last edited:
May 5, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #78,176 of 106,739
Taobao soldier 😭

So sad that I‘m literally having my $300 bet sitting on a very fragile see-saw that could be swiped away at anytime.

One chat exchange takes 24 hours, and my agent is idiotic as hell.

Agent: “seller said he will need to add your WeChat”

me: ok, complete your sentence of “how” to add…provide ID or something…

me: ”Ok, then. Provide me seller’s wechat ID”

24hr later

Agent ”sorry we couldn’t add you, please add my wechat ID”

What😱

The communication level is below 3 years old’s intelligence😰😰😰

Agent’s intelligence level is below average.
My agent is small so communication is okay, but the seller have too many iem to make, so it take a long time which is understandable

It took nearly 4 months for me to receive my "custom build" Aures (ordered them in January), so I'm sure the wait for you and @AmericanSpirit will be worth it? When I ordered the Aure's, my mom was still alive and wasn't even in the hospital. I had the money then. What a difference 4 months makes in your life? Hope the wait is just as rewarding at the end for both of you?
1 month already drive me crazy, can't imagine what you have to go through that 4 months ...

May 5, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #78,177 of 106,739
graph (10).png

Pretty unusual channel imbalance on this particular unit. Left channel measures like more or less everyone else. Right channel measures more like HBB's unit.

May 5, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #78,178 of 106,739
So now at the moment, I have no IEMs en route. The BLON Z300 x HBB has landed. Only had about 10 minutes of eartime with them, so I really have very limited comments about them, other than..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :point_right:HBB:point_left:

HBB just knocked the BLON 03 (my only BLON I've ever owned) and he just made it oppoty and driams worthy!

Bass is sweet. Mids are full and creamy. Highs are resolving with the air and extension missing from the Cadenza. More thoughts and pics to come....I'm at work!

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 0
May 5, 2023 at 9:51 PM Post #78,179 of 106,739
Please knock this outta the park, Kiwi.
Agreed!! I may add the Forteza and the Quartet and call it a day even in the budget realm?

May 5, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #78,180 of 106,739
Agreed!! I may add the Forteza and the Quartet and call it a day even in the budget realm?
also Dolce, the LCP one, I placed odder form DD-hifi it’s still under preproduction though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back