The discovery thread!
Oct 2, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #65,536 of 100,464
I asked Joseph from Shuoer the other day and he said the FR is the same...I didn't dig any further.
24D06062-126F-48BE-9E4C-BEB0E340B1AA.png

Also.........

“LETSHUOER S12 Pro comes equipped with a large 14.8mm planar magnetic driver. It delivers quality sound with the S12 Pro reproducing the minutest of the details from our music precisely. After professional tuning adjustments, S12 Pro complements different genres of music such as Jazz, Pop, EDM, and Rock. The pair has got an updated nozzle filter for a minor tuning upgrade over the Original S12 model.”

Ask him if this is all nonsense, the vent hole and the filter?

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #65,537 of 100,464
I'm not sure. I certainly wasn't trying to catch you out by the way! The lack of marketing clarity over the matter has made me lose interest already. If you're claiming iteration with labels like 'Pro' you need be transparent and clear with your marketing and it shouldn't take consumer detective work to establish the facts.
No, ha, I’m totally with you on this one. I just want to know the truth. And yes, it is strange how some places have it as a different enhancement, while other retail sites say nothing? I mean wouldn’t you want to tell the world if it was more than a cable? But I’m suspecting your right. Due to the picture I found of a tuning kit with filters. But what about the vent hole?

I have to laugh.......now!

89A35BE3-68AD-4A87-AC6A-4E9100FC61F7.jpeg

“After professional tuning adjustments, S12 Pro complements different genres of music such as Jazz, Pop, EDM, and Rock. The pair has got an updated nozzle filter for a minor tuning upgrade over the Original S12 model.”

1) You are the professional tuner!
2) The updated nozzle filter, you are professionally responsible for! Haha

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #65,538 of 100,464
24D06062-126F-48BE-9E4C-BEB0E340B1AA.png

Also.........

LETSHUOER S12 Pro comes equipped with a large 14.8mm planar magnetic driver. It delivers quality sound with the S12 Pro reproducing the minutest of the details from our music precisely. After professional tuning adjustments, S12 Pro complements different genres of music such as Jazz, Pop, EDM, and Rock. The pair has got an updated nozzle filter for a minor tuning upgrade over the Original S12 model.

Ask him if this is all nonsense, the vent hole and the filter?

His words were, "The main thing is that the FR is the same", this implies that 'minor things' have changed. The question is what do they mean by 'tuning adjustments' and does that only refer to their using an 'updated nozzle filter' that may be acoustically similar but in place for some other purpose. The fact I am having to dissect marketing speak to establish what's different is enough for me to move on. I won't be bothering him again on the matter and will just wait for a public statement, if they feel the need.

Oct 2, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #65,539 of 100,464
His words were, "The main thing is that the FR is the same", this implies that 'minor things' have changed. The question is what do they mean by 'tuning adjustments' and does that only refer to their using an 'updated nozzle filter' that may be acoustically similar but in place for some other purpose. The fact I am having to dissect marketing speak to establish what's different is enough for me to move on. I won't be bothering him again on the matter and will just wait for a public statement, if they feel the need.
Yes, don’t bother him. The S12 Pro is only a cable difference in the end....and one more new color. You my friend are right!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #65,540 of 100,464
It's something like 2 weeks now, I do some IEM rolling between 50€ Truthear Zero and my usual Vision Ears EXT, Sennheiser IE600 and IE 900 ...
I must say, that the Truthear Zero makes me feeling something rather uncomfortable that the sound quality gap is, in fact, rather tiny in a Bluetooth Mode with a Ifi Go Blu as receiver compared to my favourites IEM.
Basically, I have spent 50€ just to be comforted that Chi Fi IEM, even with a very nice frequency response range (very near the Harman target, which should please 65% of the people) should still miss some impacts/speed, high frequencies details, maybe generate some artefacts due to a lack of research with the inside chambers, ... and probably some other parameters which should all lead to some unrealistic tonal balance or musical feeling.
=> and the real life is far from the theory, the names of the brands and the price you pay to afford an IEM......
The Vision Ears EXT is maybe for sound quality the real winner (some more details) ... but, as I already had twice an issue with some drivers failures of the EXT (changed under warranty), I think, I will use the EXT only in my office and use mostly everywhere else outside/trips/holidays, the TruthEar Zero ... for sure, I won't mind to break or lose it.

Sound Quality level of these 50€ IEM will make me uncomfortable from now, to spend 20 to 50 times more in the future in high quality IEMs.
The Truthear Zero is basically a meme at this point

Oct 2, 2022 at 1:44 PM Post #65,541 of 100,464
I now have the SuperTFZ Force 1 and the 7Hz Salnotes Zero incoming, along with a couple of cheap single DDs that are probably going to end up as Xmas presents. Otherwise just waiting on H30 feedback, seeing what deals are in 11/11 sales and hoping NZ dollar bounces back a bit before November. :L3000:
Salnotes Zero...grain in the highs and NO mid bass. If that's your gig, you'll be in heaven.

Oct 2, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #65,542 of 100,464
The Force......ya... one of my all time favorites of the year. Did you get the color or clear? And the 7Hz Zero, :) actually I get in trouble for hyping that one up in this thread, so I’ll be quite......still all I will say is prepare! I can’t even think of two better choices for the $.
The place I ordered from only had the coloured version. I like that ones appearance better anyway. The 7Hz Zero has so many good reviews that I'm curious to hear it too. :L3000:

Oct 2, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #65,543 of 100,464
Who's feeling rich?

Capture.JPG

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/gold-planar-gl-amt16

Gold Planar GL-AMT16.
Fool's gold to spend TOTL money on the Gold Planar brand that didn't deliver too much in the past?

The 15.5 mm AMT (Air Motion Transformer) diaphragm is interesting though. Curiosity has its limits though, especially when it comes to kidney-selling eye-watering obscene prices! But anyone has any experience with this driver type?

So we shouldn't be expecting an upcoming review from you on this one? 😉

The only experience I have with Gold Planar is harvesting the drivers out if a pair of GL2000s that I bought used after the stock wiring in one cup failed for the second time.

I used the drivers in an over ear DIY project that turned out great. Those over ears are still in use by my brother who really seems to dig them. I will say that I don't think the folks over at Gold Planar did a very good job at taking full advantage the caoabilities of those drivers which are actually very capable planar units.

So $2k+ for a planar IEM from these guys? I'll take a pass for now...

Oct 2, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #65,544 of 100,464
Who's feeling rich?

Capture.JPG

Gold Planar GL-AMT16.
Fool's gold to spend TOTL money on the Gold Planar brand that didn't deliver too much in the past?

The 15.5 mm AMT (Air Motion Transformer) diaphragm is interesting though. Curiosity has its limits though, especially when it comes to kidney-selling eye-watering obscene prices! But anyone has any experience with this driver type?
Just need a couple of youtubers making a nice video about them :)

Oct 2, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #65,545 of 100,464
Who's feeling rich?

Capture.JPG

Gold Planar GL-AMT16.

If they sponsor a tour of that, I'll sign up for it

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #65,546 of 100,464
Salnotes Zero...grain in the highs and NO mid bass. If that's your gig, you'll be in heaven.
Crinacle's collabs have gotten stale by now IMO, it's the same sub bass neutral tuning with anemic mid bass

I know too much mid bass results in bleed but let me have some body.

Crinacle: Nope, I love my thin bass.

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:02 PM Post #65,547 of 100,464
Crinacle's collabs have gotten stale by now IMO, it's the same sub bass neutral tuning with anemic mid bass

Seems like all IEMs today NEED to be tuned like that or else people will automatically call it out for being crap once they see the graph (ofc without having heard it).

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #65,548 of 100,464

Now? It got stale by the third collab or so, we're way past the point of Crin collabs being stale

Oct 2, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #65,549 of 100,464
I'm not sure. I certainly wasn't trying to catch you out by the way! The lack of marketing clarity over the matter has made me lose interest already. If you're claiming iteration with labels like 'Pro' you need be transparent and clear with your marketing and it shouldn't take consumer detective work to establish the facts.

I really like Letshuoer. I own their S12s and their EJ07Ms and think both are great performers and well worth their respective price tags. Letshuoer has quickly become one of my favorite IEM brands to watch and I like the fact that they are ambitious and willing to take risks with unique ideas and tunings and will continue to follow their products.

That said, they bungled this S12 Pro issue pretty thoroughly. Whether one wants to ascribe it to poor marketing, confusion, mistakes, an unwillingness to be transparent or whatever else, they really couldn't have done much worse on this one, IMO. Leaving customers unsure of what if anything was changed doesn't just cause problems for them on this rodeo, but on future launches of revisions which customers are now likely going to be potentially wary about.

Even if it turns out that there is some meaningful change to the S12 Pro, the prelaunch confusion has already done significant damage in that respect. If it turns out that there is not significant tuning revision and "pro" just means the addition of a modular cable and new colors then it's likely the problems get worse.

Letshuoer should just do the smart thing and release a very clear and concise statement through as many outlets as possible announcing EXACTLY what is different on the S12 Pro model. It would take someone all of 15 minutes to write it up, post it on their website, and email it to their dustributors. Damage control done. Seems obvious, doesn't it?

I won't speculate why they haven't done that yet as it serves no real purpose. Color me disappointed in a company I have grown to really like.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #65,550 of 100,464
I really like Letshuoer. I own their S12s and their EJ07Ms and think both are great performers and well worth their respective price tags. Letshuoer has quickly become one of my favorite IEM brands to watch and I like the fact that they are ambitious and willing to take risks with unique ideas and tunings and will continue to follow their products.

That said, they bungled this S12 Pro issue pretty thoroughly. Whether one wants to ascribe it to poor marketing, confusion, mistakes, an unwillingness to be transparent or whatever else, they really couldn't have done much worse on this one, IMO. Leaving customers unsure of what if anything was changed doesn't just cause problems for them on this rodeo, but on future launches of revisions which customers are now likely going to be potentially wary about.

Even if it turns out that there is some meaningful change to the S12 Pro, the prelaunch confusion has already done significant damage in that respect. If it turns out that there is not significant tuning revision and "pro" just means the addition of a modular cable and new colors then it's likely the problems get worse.

Letshuoer should just do the smart thing and release a very clear and concise statement through as many outlets as possible announcing EXACTLY what is different on the S12 Pro model. It would take someone all of 15 minutes to write it up, post it on their website, and email it to their dustributors. Damage control done. Seems obvious, doesn't it?

I won't speculate why they haven't done that yet as it serves no realy purpose. Color me disappointed in a company of I have grown to really like.
Yeah like the transparency of the KL tuning ever happened don't hold you breath seems to be history of miscommunication!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back