The discovery thread!
Sep 30, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #65,491 of 100,489
Sep 30, 2022 at 6:38 AM Post #65,492 of 100,489
Sep 30, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #65,493 of 100,489
Is that vents or do you need to be able to plug 2 cables at once into it! The diaphragm being bigger than 15.5mm and folded up to fit in there doesn't inspire confidence either. Whatever happened to trying to make them rigid? :ksc75smile:
Right, well there has always been the question, Do you measure what? Do you measure the surrounds, or is this truly folded, or what, we will need at least a drawing! What's the excursion? Does it matter, does the size matter? Where does the Planar word come from? What is flexible?

The best part.........​

"15.5 mm Ultra-thin Folded AMT Diaphragm​

The GL-AMT16 uses a 15.5mm diameter polymer-plated metal diaphragm. Due to the unique structure of the Air Motion Transformer diaphragm, the actual area of this diaphragm can reach 55*16mm when fully expanded, which is much larger than the general planar or dynamic driver products in terms of diaphragm area. The world's first full range IEM design by an AMT transducer technology and N52 magnet deliver a rich sound stage listen to experience in the earphone market fast and accurate transient response."

So far this is a totally unknown thing, with generating more questions than answers.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #65,494 of 100,489
Right, well there has always been the question, Do you measure what? Do you measure the surrounds, or is this truly folded, or what, we will need at least a drawing! What's the excursion? Does it matter, does the size matter? Where does the Planar word come from? What is flexible?

The best part.........​

"15.5 mm Ultra-thin Folded AMT Diaphragm​

The GL-AMT16 uses a 15.5mm diameter polymer-plated metal diaphragm. Due to the unique structure of the Air Motion Transformer diaphragm, the actual area of this diaphragm can reach 55*16mm when fully expanded, which is much larger than the general planar or dynamic driver products in terms of diaphragm area. The world's first full range IEM design by an AMT transducer technology and N52 magnet deliver a rich sound stage listen to experience in the earphone market fast and accurate transient response."

So far this is a totally unknown thing, with generating more questions than answers.
I guess they are using the planar ribbon speaker concept for this one.

Sep 30, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #65,495 of 100,489
I guess they are using the planar ribbon speaker concept for this one.
Well, the excitement maybe comes when a technology gets implemented which showcases a particular character trait. More in the budget realm, but both Planars and single full-range drivers recently have made a name for themselves. Maybe being a value in relationship to the sound they emit for the money. Meaning an example like the 7Hz Timeless (I’ve never heard) offered a class leading sound under $300. All this obviously depends on if you personally relate with that response and actually hold it as a value. But it’s safe to say people are interested in Planars due to their cost to sound ratio. It’s not that they are the greatest thing ever, but people start to go under the ether-gas while listening and place them there. Nothing wrong with that. And obviously the future will bring new technologies that after a while do the trickledown effect into more cost effective ways to hear high-fidelity!

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #65,496 of 100,489
Well, the excitement maybe comes when a technology gets implemented which showcases a particular character trait. More in the budget realm, but both Planars and single full-range drivers recently have made a name for themselves. Maybe being a value in relationship to the sound they emit for the money. Meaning an example like the 7Hz Timeless (I’ve never heard) offered a class leading sound under $300. All this obviously depends on if you personally relate with that response and actually hold it as a value. But it’s safe to say people are interested in Planars due to their cost to sound ratio. It’s not that they are the greatest thing ever, but people start to go under the ether-gas while listening and place them there. Nothing wrong with that. And obviously the future will bring new technologies that after a while do the trickledown effect into more cost effective ways to hear high-fidelity!

this is how a planar ribbon looks like in headphones.

Sep 30, 2022 at 11:16 AM Post #65,497 of 100,489
98316170-6C4E-44DC-87CF-908CFE326117.jpeg
LETSHUOER has changed the ear nozzle filter for a minor tuning upgrade over the Original S12. The latest S12 Pro includes a new upgraded 392-core cable with switchable plug too!

https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/letshuoer-s12-pro

761315BA-6AB6-4830-BA34-14D34D896133.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #65,498 of 100,489
Sep 30, 2022 at 11:56 AM Post #65,499 of 100,489
Yes, I know nothing about the original S12 except that those who have it.....have described it with enthusiasm? Except exactly, there were those who found the treble hot, before. It was one of the most popular problems folks had.

I have a single pair of Hidizs large medium-bore tips that seem to (make) fit almost everything I have with short nozzles. They even let the Dioko Salnotes fit, when nothing worked.

Deep Space Blue is the new S12 Pro color, but it will be interesting to find out how it compares to the trendy planars as of late?
Treble definitely hot for me @ London Canjam. Good to see that they have adjusted things. Shame the nozzles are too short for me, along with the rest of the range.I liked the sound of the EJ07M but couldn't find a tip to fit ☹️

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #65,500 of 100,489
Sep 30, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #65,501 of 100,489
Delete

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #65,502 of 100,489
How do B2 compare to Variations? I’m always on the fence about that tribrid.
It's I would say about a 20% improvement overall, if you have the B2 and no desire to play into the silly "try to get every last drop of sound quality" game, then the B2 is a perfect endgame. Otherwise, Variations should be considered seriously.

Sep 30, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #65,504 of 100,489
Tuning upgrade? I always thought this was just a regular S12 with a cable upgrade.
Right, that truly has been the confusion in this regard. I’m absolutely certain there is a slight tuning change, resulting from a modified nozzle filter. The treble has ultimately been reduced........though slight.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #65,505 of 100,489
Right, that truly has been the confusion in this regard. I’m absolutely certain there is a slight tuning change, resulting from a modified nozzle filter. The treble has ultimately been reduced........though slight.

I asked Joseph from Shuoer the other day and he said the FR is the same...I didn't dig any further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back