The discovery thread!
Jun 28, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #63,616 of 100,649
That would make a nice addition to a PC desk, or stereo home audio system. If it can operate as a USB DAC with a Win10 PC, without having to install any drivers, it would be a great device for my desk at work.

I asked, in a Chat on the TempoTec website, and have been told that Windows 10 doesn't require a driver for the Serenade X, but that they do have a driver available, if one is needed.

Jun 28, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #63,617 of 100,649
I wonder if it can play from a USB hard drive connected to the USB port?
The 4.4mm output being on the back would mean a stand alone amp would be needed for practically.

I've been thinking for a while about a setup for the office that is compact, but keep stumbling on the source as don't want to use my phone or laptop, so this has me interested.
It doesn't support external hard drives, but Tempotec have confirmed it will support a 3TB flash drive.

Jun 28, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #63,618 of 100,649
I wonder if it can play from a USB hard drive connected to the USB port?
The 4.4mm output being on the back would mean a stand alone amp would be needed for practically.

I've been thinking for a while about a setup for the office that is compact, but keep stumbling on the source as don't want to use my phone or laptop, so this has me interested.

It doesn't support external hard drives, but Tempotec have confirmed it will support a 3TB flash drive.

This quote from the product webpage says -
~~~
Input audio source includes USB DAC, Optical input, Coaxial input, USB Disk, Bluetooth receiver and WIFI (Airplay & TIDAL & Qobuz)
~~~

As @Barndoor says - that could mean that it only supports Flash Drives, rather than regular Hard Drives (in USB enclosure).

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #63,619 of 100,649
Wonder if planar magnetic anything measures kind of wierd in the treble response.

It seems almost every time I see one of those graphs I can tell it's produced by a planar magnetic driver. At least on IEMs since consistent measures seem to be more difficult on headphones.

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #63,624 of 100,649
Jun 28, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #63,627 of 100,649
Who is this guy. He is an a*&.

Haha! He gives it as bad as he takes it. One of the comments on the video said that the video was satire (tongue in cheek I suppose) and he threatened to delete the comment. His personal attacks are certainly cringe-worthy!

Jun 28, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #63,628 of 100,649
Haha! He gives it as bad as he takes it. One of the comments on the video said that the video was satire (tongue in cheek I suppose) and he threatened to delete the comment. His personal attacks are certainly cringe-worthy!
Meh, yeah he had several videos where he took credit for getting Crin's original channel banned...He's a weirdo, don't give him the views.

Jun 29, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #63,629 of 100,649
With all the new iems I am looking at some uncommon names in the US. Penon Vortex is interesting but I do not have it to listen to. Can anyone tell me how this compares to Audiosense, BGVP, BQEYZ, and other lesser known iems? I can get it for a discount but it is still close to 200 dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back