The discovery thread!
Jun 14, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #63,363 of 100,768
They’re light as a feather though so if they fit your ears shell size isn’t much of an issue.
If you get a good seal, I would imagine the passive noise isolation would be impressive…

Jun 14, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #63,365 of 100,768
Really enjoying the Hifiman RE800 - I'm on holidays at the moment and brought a few sets of earphones with me but this is the one I'm reaching for the most. They fall into a more 'polite' and relaxed tuning category but with very good detail and resolution - perfectly suited for some of my electronic music library. Comfort is absolutely fantastic, barely feel them in my ears - really like this bullet form factor, which definitely has me hungry for more! 634ears on the radar and I see @Ace Bee took the plunge last year, I could only see your post on the fact you ordered them - how have you found them since?

20220612_100043.jpg
I love them.

Jun 15, 2022 at 7:48 AM Post #63,366 of 100,768
A new iem from kz/cca house

CCA LYRA
[seems to be single DD]

1655292416069.png

It seems to use Xun DD shell (that cone on top of the DD was the give away).
a new generation XunDD? Possibly with the superthin membrane in CRA or their new Liquid Crystal Driver in ESX?

CCA CRA is pretty well recieved and so far KZ ESX have positive response
And KZ focusing retuning and rebuilding their single dd have pretty good merit on maturing their supposed house sound

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #63,370 of 100,768
It's time for KZ to issue an annual subscription for future releases 🤣

I am ready to subscribe for 10$/month
Or save up your money for something that sounds good and has all the drivers work not some thrown in used hearing aid BA'S? 🤔 But hey if you like em and floats your boat go for it.

Jun 15, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #63,371 of 100,768
A new iem from kz/cca house

CCA LYRA
[seems to be single DD]

1655292416069.png

It seems to use Xun DD shell (that cone on top of the DD was the give away).
a new generation XunDD? Possibly with the superthin membrane in CRA or their new Liquid Crystal Driver in ESX?

CCA CRA is pretty well recieved and so far KZ ESX have positive response
And KZ focusing retuning and rebuilding their single dd have pretty good merit on maturing their supposed house sound

I like the "mysterious" claim. KZ can plausibly deny the type of driver (or even the claimed number of drivers) inside if someone opens the shell up haha.

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #63,372 of 100,768

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-autumn.25555/review/28268/

The bass tuning magnet is a brilliant idea. If BQEYZ incorporated the tuning cap or nozzle on top of the magnetic vents shown here they could have gotten double the tuning variants. Autumn is the best BQEYZ earphone I have heard to date. These guys seems to be getting better and better with their seasonal phone.

They have been dodging the inevitable winter phone though.
@Dsnuts worth a comparison with Vortex and Autumn now 😊

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2022 at 2:50 PM Post #63,374 of 100,768
I like the "mysterious" claim. KZ can plausibly deny the type of driver (or even the claimed number of drivers) inside if someone opens the shell up haha.
So true! And how quickly people forget… I for one won’t touch a KZ IEM… unless they pay ME a subscription… :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back