The discovery thread!
Dec 1, 2021 at 3:40 AM Post #61,036 of 99,885
I think the treble filter actually allows more treble air, which is not shown on the graphs
I take the liberty to imply that that's due to the way our ears (and brains) perceive the sound. You can leave some part of the graph intact per se but the changes in the other part can (and mostly will) change the whole picture.

Dec 1, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #61,037 of 99,885
I take the liberty to imply that that's due to the way our ears (and brains) perceive the sound. You can leave some part of the graph intact per se but the changes in the other part can (and mostly will) change the whole picture.
I believe that way you are probably relying too much on SPL measurements. These front cavity filters act quite differently compared to nozzle type filters. Changing the bass filter to the treble filter is more analogus to comparing a closed back headphone to an open back headphone, at least that's how my brain perceive it. These SPLs are actually not as sensitive as you think due to the logarithmic nature.

Dec 1, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #61,038 of 99,885
I believe that way you are probably relying too much on SPL measurements.
No, I'm not preaching that if something is not shown on FR graph - it's non-existing. My point was - the changes in one frequency zone of the sound as we perceive it doesn't mandatory related to the change in the same frequency zone of the sound waves at the source. Our ears have their peculiar ways.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #61,039 of 99,885
No, I'm not preaching that if something is not shown on FR graph - it's non-existing. My point was - the changes in one frequency zone of the sound as we perceive it doesn't mandatory related to the change in the same frequency zone of the sound waves at the source. Our ears have their peculiar ways.
Not exactly sure what you mean, like there is a shift in the focus of the frequecy zone? I don't feel it is like this at least for the Autumn.

Dec 1, 2021 at 6:35 AM Post #61,040 of 99,885
BLON BL-07 coming this december: https://www.facebook.com/keephifiofficial/posts/418321593225623

Finally a BLON release that looks fit for human ears. But BLON has been pretty hit or miss in recent times (since the BLON BL-03), so hope this one is better than the recent BLON A8/MINI releases.

257515490_418312386559877_7846546852725634389_n.jpg

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #61,041 of 99,885
Not exactly sure what you mean, like there is a shift in the focus of the frequecy zone? I don't feel it is like this at least for the Autumn.
I'm talking about the general process of receiving and parsing the data, not about this particular case.
Our ear should cope with the multitude of frequencies and sound pressures that have come simultaneously. Then the brain should get the incoming chaos of readings from all the axons and aggregate it. It is trained to find patterns and meaningful signals against the vast ocean of neural 'noise'. If some part of the signal became more prominent whether by more suitable conditions on the incoming sensory circuit (rebalanced levels of other inputs) or by better separation on the latter analytical step - we could find a new 'signal', some change not in quantity but in quality.
I mean - all the parts of 'data' technically could have been there already, but we just haven't had enough 'sensory resolution' or 'processing power' to apprehend it.

ps: Oh my, I fear my paraphrase made it even less readable. :face_palm: Nevermind: it brings the desired changes - so let it be so. :beerchug:

Dec 1, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #61,042 of 99,885
I'm talking about the general process of receiving and parsing the data, not about this particular case.
Our ear should cope with the multitude of frequencies and sound pressures that have come simultaneously. Then the brain should get the incoming chaos of readings from all the axons and aggregate it. It is trained to find patterns and meaningful signals against the vast ocean of neural 'noise'. If some part of the signal became more prominent whether by more suitable conditions on the incoming sensory circuit (rebalanced levels of other inputs) or by better separation on the latter analytical step - we could find a new 'signal', some change not in quantity but in quality.
I mean - all the parts of 'data' technically could have been there already, but we just haven't had enough 'sensory resolution' or 'processing power' to apprehend it.

ps: Oh my, I fear my paraphrase made it even less readable. :face_palm: Nevermind: it brings the desired changes - so let it be so. :beerchug:
Arha, I finally get what you are trying to say! Yea I agree with you but isn't it a bit off topic. 🤪 Sometimes our consciousness have the autority to choose what to hear but sometimes we don't. This sound thing is really complicated but perhaps can be simulated by an advance technique, just that no one cares anyway?

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #61,043 of 99,885
I had the 7Hz Timeless for audition a few weeks back. Due to some personal problems it took time for me to write down my impressions, but well, here it is:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/7hertz-timeless.25394/review/27416/

Have a read please, and let me know if your impressions aligns with mine. I loved it, but it's a touch too bright for my taste, whereas I already prefer bright sound.

AXh7-lJS9x15fknStFmnUKkelrmO37E_EFzS-4laCYcKomVPAkWsJz-cbyZ2S8T3uyP7YZUh2Mfmmx2Lqm1LUmy6aMXNM_9ORrlOtLCWW-0FznLNDm0dqcHbj2v5i7WXFFs34RNZ

Dec 1, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #61,044 of 99,885

loki max front 1920.jpg

LOKI MAX

REMOTE CONTROL, PURE LC, RELAY POTENTIOMETER, FULLY DISCRETE NEXUS™ EQ

Dec 1, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #61,045 of 99,885
Dec 2, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #61,046 of 99,885
If you're looking for an entry-level IEM with a good detachable cable, and good comfort, also allowing for straight-down wearing style, then the Beans from HiBy Music should be a top choice for you!!

I made a full video review about those, with my usualy comedy, and hopefully even better background music to keep you entertained!

Dec 2, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #61,048 of 99,885
UM Mason FS frequency response on a 711 coupler, don't think these have been graphed by anyone. Sharing in case anyone is looking for it.

Wow thanks for the info. I hope that 6 kHz middle finger is a coupler artefact and not a true peak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back