The discovery thread!
Jan 15, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #6,002 of 103,948
Quote:
Wayneumm try noozxoide ezio-rewire which is a dac processing app.....it makes the sound much full and airy plus its free
biggrin.gif

Thanks mochill, but sadly...

Quote:

This app is incompatible with your Telus Samsung SGH-T989D.

Possibly because my SGS2 is version 2.3 (Gingerbread) and the app requires 3.0 (Honeycomb).
mad.gif

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #6,006 of 103,948
Thanks mochill, but sadly...

Possibly because my SGS2 is version 2.3 (Gingerbread) and the app requires 3.0 (Honeycomb). :mad:

Why don't you just upgrade? I put my mom's SGS2 on Ice Cream Sandwich just the other day. It's a much better operating system. Doesn't even require rooting or any of that, it's a proper official upgrade.

I'll also +1 to noozy/noozxoide.

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #6,008 of 103,948
Quote:
Nice to hear I didn't stir you wrong. When you get some warmth to the mids with added smoothness is when they will be nice n loose.

You try some rock with them they will surprise you..Danny should be getting his by next week or so..For the cash it just don't get any better imo. They sound freakishly great once fully burned in..

No you didn't steer me wrong ! and once again I thank you for the recommend
beerchug.gif

...they're getting better every time I sneak a listen, last night, they exceeded my S400 in terms of mids and trebles, bass are a draw, definately a world of difference from my initial impressions at the store. If they get any better, I can drop the idea of getting the AD2000X and put the money elsewhere (like <ahem!>   ....ES700, CKN50,MA600,DBA700)

They are my first open cans and what a revelation ! the staging and sense of space is awesume !   ...going back to closed cans now sounds almost claustrophobic to my ears  ...any periods of silence and I hear tinnitus within the enclosed cans.   ...ATH ain't kidding when they put "AIR" on the box !

Yup, I'm digging Rock on these   ....New Age is even better !

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #6,009 of 103,948
well.. i was expecting the ele dac i ordered jan 4th to come this week but yesterday travelinwind (ebay seller) told me the parcel had been shipped back to him for some reason. he shipped it again and now i have to wait for another two weeks at most. on the bright side i ordered the AD900X from audiocube and i expect them to arrive maybe friday next week. i can't wait to get them onto my ears!

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #6,012 of 103,948
I use the fast setting also on my z player because it is only 1Ghz processor so it can't run at full potential.....but the sound quailty alone make up for the power requirement :D......hope it works for you guys after switching the resampling rate......it is totally worth the $4.99 I paid for :D

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #6,013 of 103,948
I don't really believe that USB cables could change the quality of sound, but since I changed mine for ELE-DAC I am sure that the quality is much better.
Unfortunately I don't have my previous cable for A/B but seems that this dac is so sensitive in minor changes.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #6,014 of 103,948
Quote:
Wayneumm try noozxoide ezio-rewire which is a dac processing app.....it makes the sound much full and airy plus its free
biggrin.gif

Great share !! now the sound is even better on stock player and on playerpro . I have to many combination now and switching like crazy here... but i like it 
biggrin.gif
Neutron free and power amp didnt make things better then with stock and playerpro on my equipment and taste. I couldnt find noozxoide player to download but i belive it is same thing with this app thru stock player.

Jan 16, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #6,015 of 103,948
Quote:
Why don't you just upgrade? I put my mom's SGS2 on Ice Cream Sandwich just the other day. It's a much better operating system. Doesn't even require rooting or any of that, it's a proper official upgrade.

I'll also +1 to noozy/noozxoide.

Thanks sandwich. I had been looking around trying to determine if I could do that. I know that when I got the phone, they had promised that I would be able to upgrade from 2.3 to 3.0 later on, so I should be able to do it (if not, I'll raise hell lol). I'm not really enthralled with the idea of re-installing all of my apps though (which I presume I would have to do), but being able to do things like getting noozxoide running on it,  and getting usb audio out (so that I can try out my ele dac with my phone for fun) should make it worth my time. All I needed was someone like you to tell me that it could be done! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back