The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #58,261 of 101,018
Later of course...at the moment though...I NEVER want to take them off !! .....srsly - they're that GOOD !!!

Funny to think that there's another guy down the road listening to the same obscure chinese IEM as me...

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #58,265 of 101,018
THE WOLD IS THEIR ENDGAME !!!....GEEKS SHALL INHERIT THE WOLD !!!

Join fellow Geeks over in the Geek Wold thread here. We have already started to plan world domination!

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #58,266 of 101,018
Think
Ahah, guess @Dsnuts made this guy's day.. Or year!!
Well yes I'm kinda indebted to Dsnuts.....Tri-i3...NM2+...Trio....but these at around a NINTH of the cost of the TRIO ??? (Get OUTTA Here !! lol)

Join fellow Geeks over in the Geek Wold thread here. We have already started to plan world domination!
I'm joining - where do I SIGN UP ??...I reckon surely we should be called: ....WOLD DOMINATION !!!

Jul 24, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #58,267 of 101,018
I'm joining - where do I SIGN UP ??...I reckon surely we should be called: ....WOLD DOMINATION !!!

All you have to do is chant, 'WOLD, WOLD, WOLD!' and the ritual initiation will be complete. No but seriously, when the excitement settles, please give your honest insight with comparisons!

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #58,268 of 101,018
My opinion is at least not compensated in any way, and objectively no one answered what can drive 8/6-Ohm IEM.
Apple type C dongle has an output impedance of 0.9ohm which should be just at the edge of what is acceptable. Not sure if it can get high enough volumes on Android phones though (I'll test it out myself once I get my GK10) but it should work fine on the iPad Pro or a PC.

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #58,269 of 101,018
Apple type C dongle has an output impedance of 0.9ohm which should be just at the edge of what is acceptable. Not sure if it can get high enough volumes on Android phones though (I'll test it out myself once I get my GK10) but it should work fine on the iPad Pro or a PC.

I had no issue with volume straight out of the Note9. It wouldn't be my first choice of source though as the drivers clearly need more current.

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #58,270 of 101,018
I started getting the itch for new IEMs and headphones again. I picked up the Moondrop Aria recently, and it is stunning for $80 after a cable change and tip swap. I then picked up the HE6se v2 and was blown away again.

I had to order the GK10. This is one of those breakthroughs which makes you totally rethink what a value is. This will be my first set with Piezos so I'm interested in how they sound compared to BAs.

Jul 24, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #58,271 of 101,018
I have played with impedanxe adapters quite a bit - they largely ruin the sound of weak sources.

Similarly, IEM match work great with too powerful sources to mitigate noise and to manage the optimal performance levels - a good source is still needed.
Yeah. I usually use BTR5 with smartphone as it has always been more than adequate for my needs.
You know regardless of high end or budget IEMs. I don't find too much gap in enjoyment from both types. If you guys think about it. What is the difference in something like a Solaris or a GK10. Both sets are hand made and both sets are tuned by experts.

Sure we are talking about different levels of earphones here but. To be honest I was more surprised and elated with hearing the GK10 more so than my Solaris. I mean I expect the Solaris to have the type of sound it does. But something like a $45 IEM your not gonna expect excellence from it but how surprising is it to hear how refined it is from a set you aren't expecting.

I seen folks post all the time in certain threads that "own" a few higher end sets if not just owning one higher end earphone. They know about that phone they own sure but that don't mean they know sound. It just means they like that one earphone.

To me it is actually the opposite. I honestly feel the more you own regardless of level the more you know about sound since there is a vast difference in sound signature and quality at all levels. Owning higher end stuff is great, I mean who don't want to get a Trailli for themselves if you got the means but imo it dont make you the Jedi of earphone sound just because you own it. That just means you have the means to pay for higher end earphones.

That one guy that owns a 6K earphone just knows that 6K earphone. He don't know anything about the GK10s and the 10 other budget sets that sounds great. Who out of the two guys here are learning from sound.?

What makes me respect Audio here is that he has the means and is a crazy collector hobbiest reviewer. Beyond just his higher end earphone experience the guy owns more than you and I put together. There is a respect factor from me just due to this fact. For him it isnt just about all high end stuff. What new earphones have you not seen him review or own? My wife wants to destroy my work space as I have too many earphones. I bet he has a museum dedicated for his earphones. Would love to see a pic of all he owns that would be something. But at same time I also respect the budget level hobbiest as they are learning and enjoying the hobby at their level.

And there is nothing wrong with that.
This is exactly the beauty of this hobby. Not everyone is fortunate enough to purchase $200-300 IEMs let alone $1k+ but does that mean they're not meant to enjoy good quality sound? I believe everyone's opinion is valuable provided one knows what they're doing. It's you who pulls that buy trigger and not the reviewers/influencers. So, one should always keep learning and experimenting. You may get a few gems and a few lemons but that's the part and parcel of the journey.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #58,272 of 101,018
It's you who pulls that buy trigger and not the reviewers/influencers.

I hope, as one of said reviewers, nobody thinks of me as an influencer. The concept of influencers makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

I enjoy good sound, whatever the price bracket. All I try to do is describe what I hear and compare relative to what I know (which are IEMs anywhere between $20 to $6K, but these numbers sometimes turn out to be arbitrary anyway). It's then up to you guys to decide if my descriptions sound appealing. Hype and excitement is a tricky devil and we're all subject to particular biases according to personal taste and experience, so I think its best if we take everything with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #58,273 of 101,018
I love both MT300.....don't hold a candle to these my friend...WOLD has an indescribable sonic level.....

Are you drunk? (I will be soon - first need to eat and go to sauna.)

I have been lately using the MT300 most of my iems since it has good fit for me and I found amplification that is good match for it (Topping A50 opamps replaced with OPA2132s and P50 PSU at high gain).

The GK10 seems interesting as I don't have any IEMs with multiple DDs or any piezos.

How would their sonic/tonal/FR differences be with good sources? Also does anyone have measurements?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 1:52 PM Post #58,274 of 101,018
I hope, as one of said reviewers, nobody thinks of me as an influencer. The concept of influencers makes me want to vomit in my mouth.

I enjoy good sound, whatever the price bracket. All I try to do is describe what I hear and compare relative to what I know (which are IEMs anywhere between $20 to $6K, but these numbers sometimes turn out to be arbitrary anyway). It's then up to you guys to decide if my descriptions sound appealing. Hype and excitement is a tricky devil and we're all subject to particular biases according to personal taste and experience, so I think its best if we take everything with a pinch of salt.
Yes. A reviewer is just telling what he feels. In a way, all members on this forum are reviewers as they share their views, opinions and analysis to the best of their capabilities. All of us have certain biases, limitations and differences when it comes to audio, so how much ever objective one tries to be, ultimately the decision is always driven by subjective biases. And, some agree with those views and some don't. A healthy society should always have diversity of opinions and ability to accept them. Unfortunately, some times, things just get more territorial and it leads to a stalemate or a bickering of sorts.

The concept of influencer is proof of herd mentality and however despicable it may be, it's a real-life phenomena. Many star reviewers have influence to make or break any IEM's sales and popularity. It's not at all directed towards you but in general. And, IMO, it's not the reviewers fault that he/she enjoys a cult like following. It's the masses who just blindly follow a fellow human like them.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #58,275 of 101,018
All you have to do is chant, 'WOLD, WOLD, WOLD!' and the ritual initiation will be complete. No but seriously, when the excitement settles, please give your honest insight with comparisons!
Of course yes....taking these out is a bit of an issue though....I just went out on a bike ride without them (I'm half an hour burn in-tops)..refreshed my ears...popped them back in as I got home....to be enveloped by a spherical 3D stage...with high end levels of air, bass / sub bass, mid range to die for, treble extension from "the gods".....micro details that send you into complete goosebumps bliss!....so currently I'm wondering not what to compare them with..but HOW ??? The lightest of shells (great heart shape)....perfect fit - downsides?...why weren't these released YEARS ago !! Do they inspire you to listen to your whole collection again ?? On REPEAT...to the beat !!

Are you drunk? (I will be soon - first need to eat and go to sauna.)

I have been lately using the MT300 most of my iems since it has good fit for me and I found amplification that is good match for it (Topping A50 opamps replaced with OPA2132s and P50 PSU at high gain).

The GK10 seems interesting as I don't have any IEMs with multiple DDs or any piezos.

How would their sonic/tonal/FR differences be with good sources? Also does anyone have measurements?
Not drunk at all (perfectly sober)....I have the MT300 staring at me - in a box waving for attention....they'll be gathering dust soon....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back