The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #58,216 of 103,327
I saw these yesterday on Hifi-Go. The company who makes them is Daruma-Audio and it looks like they could be well that KBEar's japanese connection as they say on their site they did OEM for other brands and shells are like that of Believe and Diamond and the guy who run this company seems to be chinese.

https://daruma-audio.co.jp/
Are there any graphs on their iems?

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #58,217 of 103,327
Are there any graphs on their iems?

I couldn't find any. All the info says, as per perhaps poor translation, is that drivers of the T-500 are proprietary and of near pure Be performance.

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #58,218 of 103,327
I couldn't find any. All the info says, as per perhaps poor translation, is that drivers of the T-500 are proprietary and of near pure Be performance.
1627129567645.png

1627129598407.png

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #58,219 of 103,327
Jul 24, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #58,220 of 103,327
Looks like an OEM KBEAR BElieve?
The might be the original source though.

"as a group of engineers Dharma Audio who has a track record of undertaking various OEMs from cheap mass-produced earphones to special models equipped with dozens of BA drivers in the 400,000 yen class for 15 years at manufacturers in the United States, Japan, and China."

https://daruma-audio.co.jp/corporate2

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #58,221 of 103,327
Just few thoughts on GK10 and the hype:

DT-6 and DT-6 pro of S...r are tribrids at ~$25.

If to resend them to few reviewers for their "unbiased opinion", we can safely "unbiasedly" bet that they will be very noteworthy and really great price/performance ratio :)

The question what would drive 8-Ohm IEM was largely left unanswered, so saving $45 for popcorn makes it really enjoyable to watch where this hype train will drive to, thank you! :)

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #58,223 of 103,327

If to resend them to few reviewers for their "unbiased opinion", we can safely "unbiasedly" bet that they will be very noteworthy and really great price/performance ratio :)

The question what would drive 8-Ohm IEM was largely left unanswered, so saving $45 for popcorn makes it really enjoyable to watch where this hype train will drive to, thank you! :)
Honestly, that's the exact reason why I took a punt on them. I had both S....r models and in fact gave away the non-pro version to my office colleague.

Pro version is good but still doesn't hold a candle to any of my other IEMs. And, my 90% collection is under $50. I really want to test this hype train. And yes, that 8 ohm impedance is a critical factor, to get a source that is able to drive them without putting unnecessary stress on the IEM is important. I had played too safe for last 2-3 years, so went a bit rogue with this one. If it works out then great, if not, well it's Chi-fi and we roll on😂

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #58,224 of 103,327

I'm not sure I can interpret what you're saying here...

Although I am categorically 'all-in' on this hype train, I've made my descriptions as objective as possible. As for driving the GK10, I've found more power helps the DDs shine. Hiss is only a slight issue for me on my sources (Shanling M8, high gain) and amp (Cayin C9, low gain). I couldn't put a number on what is 'sufficient' or 'adequate' as I don't have many sources/amps to test, but I'm currently pumping about 4 watts into these without issue, clipping or distortion but with minor audible hiss.

It sounds great out of the Shanling M8 on turbo gain, which is rated at 840mW into 32ohms.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #58,225 of 103,327

Although I am categorically 'all-in' on this hype train, I've made my descriptions as objective as possible. As for driving the GK10, I've found more power helps the DDs shine. Hiss is only a slightly issue for me on my sources (Shanling M8, high gain) and amp (Cayin C9, low gain). I couldn't put a number on what is 'sufficient' or 'adequate' as I don't have many sources/amps to test, but I'm currently pumping about 4 watts into these without issue, clipping or distortion but with minor audible hiss.

It sounds great out of the Shanling M8 on turbo gain, which is rated at 840mW into 32ohms.
It is the output impedance that is worrying because of the low impedance. With only 8ohm, you would want a source that is no more than 1 ohm in output impedance.
otherwise you get hiss and possible FR changes.

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #58,226 of 103,327

Although I am categorically 'all-in' on this hype train, I've made my descriptions as objective as possible. As for driving the GK10, I've found more power helps the DDs shine. Hiss is only a slightly issue for me on my sources (Shanling M8, high gain) and amp (Cayin C9, low gain). I couldn't put a number on what is 'sufficient' or 'adequate' as I don't have many sources/amps to test, but I'm currently pumping about 4 watts into these without issue, clipping or distortion but with minor audible hiss.

Considering it is a relatively easy to drive IEMs with low impedance and high sensitivity, wouldn't that much power lead to some damage to the circuit or even worse your hearing? Because I'm sure they might be super duper loud even at low volumes.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #58,227 of 103,327
It is the output impedance that is worrying because of the low impedance. With only 8ohm, you would want a source that is no more than 1 ohm in output impedance.

I appreciate this, what's reassuring for me is my C9 handles it well and what I hear is excellent. I look forward to seeing FR graphs and what changes occur by output impedance.

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #58,228 of 103,327
Exactly! For this IEM, even cable change would actually sounds believable because it will definitely alter the FR and also potentially deviate from the intended signature

Jul 24, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #58,229 of 103,327
Considering it is a relatively easy to drive IEMs with low impedance and high sensitivity, wouldn't that much power lead to some damage to the circuit or even worse your hearing? Because I'm they might be super duper loud even at low volumes.

Interestingly, on low gain on the Cayin C9 I get to about 10-11am (audible at about 9am) on the volume pot, which would suggest theres plenty of room to play with this power output.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #58,230 of 103,327
Considering it is a relatively easy to drive IEMs with low impedance and high sensitivity, wouldn't that much power lead to some damage to the circuit or even worse your hearing? Because I'm they might be super duper loud even at low volumes.
The high currents needed are exactly the problem.
Very few sources that I know are claimed/certified to drive IEM below 16 Ohm.

Those with high-level DAPs will be surely fine, but not the majority of people subscribing to this hype train...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back