The discovery thread!
Jul 10, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #57,646 of 100,589
Not to pour on any more hype

Proceeds to pour on hype. Haha. I've got a set on order! Cheers for the insight and keep it coming to tide us all over to delivery!

Jul 10, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #57,647 of 100,589
You guys have my permission to tell me I am full of poo if these aren't what I am saying they are. They are an enigma. Nothing I have heard comes even remotely close to how they sound for this little money. When you consider what they sound like and how they made it work with all them drivers it is nothing short of an accomplishment. A clear statement piece if I ever heard one and it comes from a random $45 earphone.

I am gonna predict this. These will end up being the best seller this year for all earphones in the market. I know that seems to be a bold statement but I am clearly understanding the scope of just how good these things are the more I am using them. These don't compete with earphones in the sub $100 bracket they are competing with the absolute best earphones in the sub $200 bracket and based on how you guys like your tuning will easily hang with earphones in the $300 bracket. Not to pour on any more hype than they need but. Looks be damned these are gonna catch on fire. These are exactly the type of earphones the industry needed to seriously question how expensive earphones are getting.

You don't have to spend an arm and a kidney for higher end sound. How's about $45. These seem too good to be true. They certainly come to you in a cheap little box with cheap looking accessories with a cheap cable. But wait till you hear them. Oh and please don't judge out of the box give them a good run through at least overnight and then take a listen. You will understand.

Coparisons. Hmm Lets see.

LZ A7. Much to do with the piezo driver for the upper highs both have similar extension as that is what both are using. Trebles is not as emphasized on the GK10 so treble balancing is actually done a bit better on the GK10 don't sound as forced as it is on the A7 in comparison. The GK10 is similarly balanced vs the A7 using the monitor mode and a set of red filters. The difference here is you get BA imaging and timbre on the A7 which has a leg up technically due to the sheer number of BA drivers used for the mids but the GK10 makes up for it with a more natural tone with a hint of organic smoothness and timbre for the mids. Mids sounds overall more natural due to the excellent graphene dynamic vs A7 mids come a bit cooler in tone and then you have that warm bass end which clearly lets you know your hearing two different drivers. The mids to bass transition for the GK10 is effortless and both drivers sound like one driver. I suppose it helps that both are dynamics but coherency for mids and bass is again more natural sounding. A7 tonality in general sounds a bit more digital in how it is presents music a bit more rigid due to most of your music being BAs.

Bass while excellent on both sets the Titanium plated GK10 has a bit more authority for sub bass and and has a slower decay for sub bass meaning they sound more closer to real subs vs the A7 which clearly sound like earphone bass and sounds a bit tighter and cleaner but this leads to a bit of that digitalness for presentation in comparison.

A7 has more of a technical foundation to its base tunings as it should but you would figure there would be a big drop off there on the GK10. I think it will come down to preference. GK10s is not as technical but makes up for it with more of an organic tuning and has surprising level of detail for using less technical and cheaper dynamics and BAs for the main sound .Folks that like their dynamic timbre will hear a more natural smoother tonality and to my ears sounds more musical vs the A7. These are differently tuned vs the A7 and uses off the shelf parts and drivers and to compare them with a $300 earphone is saying something.

If I was to compare something like the Tin T2 pro vs the A7 you can imagine just how much one sided that would be but not so much the GK10 which is saying something. Like I said before I just got done writing one of my larger reviews for a $450 EST50 earphone and I was so surprised to hear the GK10 right after hearing those for several weeks straight. The GK10 is not superior than something like the LZ A7 but actually sounds like a side grade more than a downgrade. Lol They have their own sound and sounds just as engaging if not more so.. That my friends is crazy for a $45 earphone.
FIY: Sounds like the GS Audio GD3A beats it then. :joy:

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #57,648 of 100,589
FIY: Sounds like the GS Audio GD3A beats it then. :joy:
Hey I was trying to find their link on your database but had a hard time. I also had a hard time seeing item names (could see the brand names only).

Can you share a link to this GD3A? And what LZ product is it that appears at the top of your IEM list? I would love to check them out.

Thanks!

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #57,649 of 100,589
Hey I was trying to find their link on your database but had a hard time. I also had a hard time seeing item names (could see the brand names only).

Can you share a link to this GD3A? And what LZ product is it that appears at the top of your IEM list? I would love to check them out.

Thanks!
It doesnt look like this for you?

1625954698188.png

Here is the link to the GD3A: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002693795415.html

A7 is currently the highest ranked LZ for me. But it will get a demotion soon.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #57,651 of 100,589
Weird! It looks different on the Sheets app on my iPhone.

EF274DA6-50B7-4C9F-B947-1ECB8D3BE613.jpeg
Scroll to the left there should be a column B that has the brand name.

I don't use IOS though..

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #57,654 of 100,589
Jul 10, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #57,655 of 100,589
Well, just a little teaser on how the GD3A performs.
I kinda expect the GD3A/B to have a TRI Starsea kind of impact around here once more reviews start popping up.

Jul 10, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #57,656 of 100,589
Jul 10, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #57,657 of 100,589
Jul 10, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #57,659 of 100,589
It doesnt look like this for you?

Here is the link to the GD3A: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002693795415.html

A7 is currently the highest ranked LZ for me. But it will get a demotion soon.
Great to see the Sony XBA-N3 up near the top with an S ranking, so glad I bought them after your recommendation 😊 They were exactly what you described, an upgrade to the iBasso IT00 which are great themselves.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back