The discovery thread!
Apr 21, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #56,072 of 100,425
So I'm a fanboy of the LZ A7. Amazing piezo highs Superb IEM and can be tailored to suit almost anybody.
So I wanted to get an IEM with a very different profile. An IEM with good bass and good upper mids. I chose the BGVP NS9. After a week with these I find them exceptional. 2 Dynamic Drivers and a mixture of 7, Knowles and Sonion BA's, each side. There are three sound adjustment filters and I have put on the silver one. One of the unique points of this IEM is the spatials....the soundstage, which is truly good in width, imaging positions, depth and height. Sound is coming from all the directions it should be. Such an important part of an IEMs capability which can add the right position to the sound and give a 3D experience. Bass is strong when needed from the 2 DD, digs deep and has impact, but abates and ameliorates to let vocals 'sing', in particularly the upper mids, and shine without a hint of bleed from bass. It does have a flaw. Treble rolls off and quietens very quickly, losing presence, energy, and relative volume. Considering it's price of $160 or less, it is a really listenable IEM, never grating or glaring. Maybe with a piezo driver this would be a real all rounder.

Although it is easy to drive I find it does not give it's riches from a phone like my Sony Xperia 5ii, but from the 4.4mm of my HiBy R5 with Spiral Dots, (the stock tips are not all that and should be tip rolled) it's superb. It needs juice to give it's treasures up. It is not a bright IEM at all and is extremely organic, natural and analogue. For those who do not like extended over energized treble these really sound big with no glare. The treble equalises up very well if you do need it though. Such good value for the technology. Not quite the all round sound of the LZ A7's but will be 'gold' for many listeners who don't like over energized treble.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #56,073 of 100,425
Apr 21, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #56,074 of 100,425
Why does that graph remind me of Simpsons characters.
1619010728976.png
1619011582533.png

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #56,075 of 100,425
1619011620454.png

Reecho SG-03 in the house.

How are these things $69??! Lol I just poped these into my ears just now. On first listen. These have a rich tone and has good balanced tuning with a sub bass lift. These are way more refined than the price would indicate. The all metal shells are impressive too. Very isolating. Strong dynamics good detail. Much more refined than they have a right to be. Never owned a custom fit IEM but I would imagine it would be something like these. These things fit me like it was made for me. These are substantial for certain.

Apr 21, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #56,076 of 100,425
Why does that graph remind me of Simpsons characters.

Haha it reminds me of a sideways Donald Trump.

Trump_silo.png1619011582533.png

Anybody getting this IEM? Looks interesting for sure!

Apr 21, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #56,077 of 100,425
1619011620454.png

How are these things $69??! Lol I just poped these into my ears just now. On first listen. These have a rich tone and has good balanced tuning with a sub bass lift. These are way more refined than the price would indicate. The all metal shells are impressive too. Very isolating. Strong dynamics good detail. Much more refined than they have a right to be. Never owned a custom fit IEM but I would imagine it would be something like these. These things fit me like it was made for me. These are substantial for certain.
I really need to stay out of this thread :smile:.

Apr 21, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #56,078 of 100,425
1619011620454.png

These are on my to buy list as well 😄

Apr 21, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #56,079 of 100,425
Titanium plated dynamics if anything has some outstanding bass. Always have. These are clearly made for bass fans so expect to have some heavy hitting bass but it is the rest of the sound that is surprising. To be fair I just got a new cable in the package I am trying out with them but still the sound is undeniable.

These are perfect for out and about as they isolate better than most IEMs I have used a bit too well actually. Loving the metal design on these. I am gonna burn them in real good and see where they go. Will report back. Graph from these have you thinking they will be a deep V shaped IEM but mids arent recessed at all. Again surprising.

Apr 21, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #56,080 of 100,425

That's what I say, for that price they are absolutely recommendable, a step forward in sound quality. And in construction and design, there is little or nothing that can overshadow them in this segment.

Edit: Dsnuts Is it possible to know what kind of additional cable you will use? I ask because I have replaced the original with the ISN C16 and now the full potential of these SG-03s shines through, in terms of detail, spatiality and weight. And for the record, I'm quite sceptical about cables...

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #56,081 of 100,425
Apr 21, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #56,082 of 100,425
That's what I say, for that price they are absolutely recommendable, a step forward in sound quality. And in construction and design, there is little or nothing that can overshadow them in this segment.

Edit: Dsnuts Is it possible to know what kind of additional cable you will use? I ask because I have replaced the original with the ISN C16 and now the full potential of these SG-03s shines through, in terms of detail, spatiality and weight. And for the record, I'm quite sceptical about cables...
First cable I used on them out of the box is Penon Mix. Let me burn them in real good and I will do some cable rolling and report on the Reecho thread. Going back to the stock cable and the sound design was very much there. I would imagine anything with silver in it will be a good pairing with the SG-03s as has somewhat of a darker tuning. I dont like to do cable rolling till I get them nice n loose. Then we will see.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 9:24 PM Post #56,084 of 100,425
So I got a reply from ApeSonic rep here at headfi. They are having a sales on newegg for their products to launch them which had them silent for a bit. Will post my review of these soon but they seem to have them in stock now.

https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?d=ApeSonic Link dont seem to work. Just type in Apesonic on the search bar.

They have a purple color too
1618923568781.png

I ordered a pair of these in purple for the reduced price and added a simple $10 TRN 2.5 balanced cable and KZ spiral eartips. They're on my cheap $20 RUIZU player for the next week to burn in. Can't wait to give them a listen along with all of the other IEMs I've blown cash on over the last month. Ikko meteor (oh1), Tripowin TC-01, iBasso IT01s, Moondrop Starfield, a few of the under $50 TRN and a couple of Bluetooth products. I'll be busy listening soon. Can't wait

Apr 21, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #56,085 of 100,425

Users who are viewing this thread

Back