The discovery thread!
Apr 13, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #55,936 of 101,022
So is the BQEYZ Summer a flop in your opinion? Pray tell, do give us some insights.
Won't go as far as saying it's a "flop," but I did have high expectations given the jump from my previous IEMs (30 USD to 130 USD). Maybe I just expected too much.

Treble rolls off quite hard. Male vocals is noticeably recessed. Bass decay limits the potential of the DD (doesn't rumble as well). IT IS, however, a pleasant and inoffensively tuned W-shaped IEM, very fitting of its namesake. Taking my time before publishing my review as I want the "new toy" feeling to go away, if there even is one...

By the way, @baskingshark , there's already a measurement in one of the FB groups by a reviewer known as CHI-FIEAR (I think I got that right) and it graphs basically the same as the Spring 2. But of course, the obvious difference is shell material (resin vs. CNC aluminum?) and how it affects sound as well as the drivers (still tribrids).

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:38 AM Post #55,937 of 101,022
IMG_20210413_132258_edit_588392323615946.jpg

IMG_20210413_132430_edit_588433362667502.jpg

IMG_20210413_132609_edit_588468431115934.jpg

IMG_20210413_132556_edit_588457785809165.jpg

Tiandirenhe TD2. Very small and comfortable IEM's.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #55,938 of 101,022
Won't go as far as saying it's a "flop," but I did have high expectations given the jump from my previous IEMs (30 USD to 130 USD). Treble rolls off quite hard. Male vocals is noticeably recessed. Bass decay limits the potential of the DD (doesn't rumble as well). IT IS, however, a pleasant and inoffensively tuned W-shaped IEM, very fitting of its namesake. Taking my time before publishing my review as I want the "new toy" feeling to go away, if there even is one...

By the way, @baskingshark , there's already a measurement in one of the FB groups by a reviewer known as CHI-FIEAR (I think I got that right) and it graphs basically the same as the Spring 2. But of course, the obvious difference is shell material (resin vs. CNC aluminum?) and how it affects sound as well as the drivers (still tribrids).
Maybe you can try the summer with a balanced source first (and cable of course)?

Apr 13, 2021 at 9:02 AM Post #55,939 of 101,022
Maybe you can try the summer with a balanced source first (and cable of course)?
Don't have access to balanced currently... But I am planning to buy the Xduoo X2s (or the Hiby FD1) if reviews are positive. That impression was with the stock cable. I did change to a TRN T2 and shared my impressions in the "Low End, Cheap something something Cable" thread. That turned out AMAZING! I'm slowly becoming a cable believer...

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #55,940 of 101,022
I've got a review unit of the Mini coming in a few weeks (2-3 weeks minimum). Will be my first ever hybrid. Hoping that it fits my ear 🤣 and to some point technical as I've never tried anything that focuses on that aspect.

On a different note, the BQEYZ Summer leaves much to be desired as a 130 USD IEM from my expectations 😓
That is too bad about the Summer. :frowning2:

Hopefully, the Spring 3 fixes the "excellent DD away from greatness" syndrome.

Apr 13, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #55,941 of 101,022
1618347490821.png

Reecho SG-03. Using a titanium plated 10mm dynamic.

I remember older Dunu earphones did this Titan 1 anyone? Should be interesting to hear.

A bit of an update on the ApeSonic Rain. Something is happening with the company. I have no idea if they are a legit company or what they are doing but it seem they have zero Rains in stock and the rep has not messaged me back in over a week. Will keep you all updated on what is happening there but. Kinda strange to me that they would ask me to do a review for them and then disappear. Lol.

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #55,942 of 101,022
1618347490821.png

Reecho SG-03. Using a titanium plated 10mm dynamic.

I remember older Dunu earphones did this Titan 1 anyone? Should be interesting to hear.

A bit of an update on the ApeSonic Rain. Something is happening with the company. I have no idea if they are a legit company or what they are doing but it seem they have zero Rains in stock and the rep has not messaged me back in over a week. Will keep you all updated on what is happening there but. Kinda strange to me that they would ask me to do a review for them and then disappear. Lol.
I have them and this is their FR. I tried them when they arrived but now I'm really busy. The Hidizs MS2 left a very good taste in my mouth and I'll have to wait and see if these ones are better.

Reecho SG-03.png

On the other hand, from a friend, he lent me the BQEYZ Summer, here is the comparison with the Spring 2.

BQEYZ Summer vs BQEYZ Spring 2.png

Apr 13, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #55,943 of 101,022
On the other hand, from a friend, he lent me the BQEYZ Summer, here is the comparison with the Spring 2.

BQEYZ Summer vs BQEYZ Spring 2.png
That's so weird because the first review of the Summer here says that "BQEYZ Spring 1 and 2 fans might find its mids and treble quality were somehow subdued." Which I'm assuming includes sparkle/presence/texture and extension. Please do share your impressions once you have more time with them 😁

Apr 13, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #55,945 of 101,022
Don't have access to balanced currently... But I am planning to buy the Xduoo X2s (or the Hiby FD1) if reviews are positive. That impression was with the stock cable. I did change to a TRN T2 and shared my impressions in the "Low End, Cheap something something Cable" thread. That turned out AMAZING! I'm slowly becoming a cable believer...
If you find the T2 amazing you should really get the T6 perhaps balanced. But of coz there are better but pricer cables out there.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 8:49 PM Post #55,946 of 101,022
If you find thr T2 amazing you should really get the T6 perhaps balanced. But of coz there are better but pricer cables out there.
I'll definitely get one more cable for my Audiosense DT200 once it arrives because I've now become a cable believer 😊😏 Currently have my eyes on the Litzs-PS Non-Pro/Pro or even the Limpid which I found for about 17 USD as I want to have a silver cable.

The curves are pretty close almost like the same earphone but different tips. That is quite surprising.
Summer and Spring DO HAVE different stock tips, from the pics I've seen with the Spring's package. Do check out the reviews as I don't have the latter. FWIW, I hate the grey tips (though they are very, very comfortable) and ABSOLUTELY LOVE the clear, blue stem (much stiffer than grey). I've included in my review (not yet posted) the effects of the stock tips as well as the cable change.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 9:47 PM Post #55,947 of 101,022
I'll definitely get one more cable for my Audiosense DT200 once it arrives because I've now become a cable believer 😊😏 Currently have my eyes on the Litzs-PS Non-Pro/Pro or even the Limpid which I found for about 17 USD as I want to have a silver cable.

Summer and Spring DO HAVE different stock tips, from the pics I've seen with the Spring's package. Do check out the reviews as I don't have the latter. FWIW, I hate the grey tips (though they are very, very comfortable) and ABSOLUTELY LOVE the clear, blue stem (much stiffer than grey). I've included in my review (not yet posted) the effects of the stock tips as well as the cable change.
Just FYI, Nicehck 8 core pure silver = TRN T3 = Limpid Pro. I personally think silver cables or at least this one is not as versatile as silver-plated copper or pure copper cables but it is good to have one in your collection.

I never use the stock tips due to my small ears :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: . Will check out your review for sure!

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #55,948 of 101,022
O1CN01NpS0V61EOg6AyUbCN_!!704590342.jpg

I am a fan of IEMs with piezoelectric speakers. I bought this pair quite impulsively and don't feel regret for a second.

31323,31736,29689,10mm piezo and a DD on each side with tubes.

The sound is warm with moderate extension on both ends. Moderate stage size and surprisingly good separation. Mid is the highlight here and vocal is closer to the ears. This is far from V shape in tuning and I thought I prefer V or W shape tunings but this proofs me wrong. Already became my favourite IEM of 2021.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.42f12e8d5fBgdp&id=634309619495&_u=c25lkn9tea26

Bad news is this is only available on TaoBao.
do you have other iem with piezo driver to compare to ( lz-a6/lz-a7 ) ????

Apr 14, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #55,949 of 101,022
do you have other iem with piezo driver to compare to ( lz-a6/lz-a7 ) ????
Yes, I have the NX7 Pro, LZ A6, LZ A6mini, BQEYZ Spring 2.

I think only the LZ A6 is good enough to compare with this MonYue and I prefer the MonYue. The A6 has better treble extension and arguably larger stage but weaker bass (depends on the track actually, neither excels in this regard), weaker mid and thinner note weight and also weaker coherence in sound. The A6 is really good for some music such as male Tenor solo (actually perhaps that's the only genre I find the A6 better than the MonYue) but after listening to the MonYue I feel there is A LOT missing from the A6. I think the coherence (it is like all frequencies arriving at your eardrums at the same time rather than travelling along some random paths (tubeless) and the timing is distorted) is just superb. Bass is not the most fun and deep I have heard but still good enough and again very coherent with the rest of the frequencies. But be warned if you are ever going to get a pair, you may find the seal too good and the sound can be muffed and I solved the "issue" with larger eartips to elevate the earphones from my ears. The listening experience is really immersive you are like in your own isolated space to enjoy the music.

210408164706a57039745288e8.png

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #55,950 of 101,022
That's so weird because the first review of the Summer here says that "BQEYZ Spring 1 and 2 fans might find its mids and treble quality were somehow subdued." Which I'm assuming includes sparkle/presence/texture and extension. Please do share your impressions once you have more time with them 😁
My initial impression is in line with what I see in the graph. First, a more V sound, with a more present low end (I like that, I missed the bass in the Spring 2). The enhancement is clear on the graph and it is noticeable. However, it's a bit more subtle in the graph, but it's also noticeable, and in the sound, that the Summer is more vivid, with a more dynamic and clearer feeling. Whereas I find Spring 2 duller and flatter. That touch of sparkle in the upper mids, additional to the Summer is noticeable and positive, at least to my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back