The discovery thread!
Nov 25, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #52,171 of 100,602
They are very similar to the Tiandirenhe, Fengru and PaiAudio. They also look very much like the Smabat Black Bat. Can you confirm that their sound is different from the previous ones? Black Bat and PaiAudio DR2 sound the same. Thanks.
I have the Open Heart Resin, the Black Bat and the Tiandirenhe TD06. They have much the same shell, but the Black Bat and Tiandirenhe have similarities in sound, despite the Black Bat having a Graphene Driver and the Tiandirenhe having a Bio Driver (allegedly). Both the Black Bat and Tiandirenhe have very heavy bass. The Black Bat is deliberately tuned for big bass. The Open Heart is 'comparatively' flatter and doesn't have the bass bloat that sometimes occurs in the other two, so it's treble is more noticeable. The Open Heart is not a 'Bass Monster' and has a more balanced sound. For £23 the package of the Open Heart is extremely good value. The cable and case are quite nice. The shape is good and has a custom type of feel. I slightly prefer the Tiandirenhe TD06, at the moment, because I have burned them in a while back and they have a very nice cable too.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #52,172 of 100,602
So, the scoop on the Spiral Dot SF. Spiral Dot lite perhaps? Of course they are still essentially Spiral Dots. But less. A smidge shorter, softer, and missing the bottom outside portion of the tip. Makes them both a bit different and usable in slightly different ways/situations than standard Spiral Dots. A

--- The basic sound is nearly preserved and only the sound balance is changed some. Slightly less bass than a Spiral Dot and more lively and a bit brighter up top. Mids follow up with the treble since it is dropping the bass than adding treble of course. Bit less bass which is a bit tighter, quicker, and can seem better if this is what you want. You might not want these on an NM2+ or single armature. for example, I would go Spiral Dot on my NXears since I like to keep all the bass possible for the single armature and like the SF on my Azla MKII.

--- The softer more flexible top edge adapts to ear canal shape better so they seal nicely and keep much of the bass. I think they can be usefulr for those who might even want different sizes in each ear where you can better dial in that seal and bass amount without going too far with the bass on one of the sides. Seems to work with Spiral Dots the same way to mix and match. Cold and congestion and uneven you can throw a regular SD on one side for a little more seal and SF on the congested side for less seal.:)

--- The smidge shorter length and less and softer tip will work better on deeper fit than shallow fit. May need to go up a size for shallow fit earphones. Of course ears, earphones and cable routing give us the YMMV tag here. As you might think these are more suited for taking off a bit of seal than for times when you want or need more.

So a softer slightly different tuned Spiral Dot. Can sound better like on the Victor true wireless than the Spiral Dots do. Also make them fit a bit better. For me useful and, even though not much difference, enough to be a good complement to the regular Spiral dots.

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #52,173 of 100,602
Took off the stock cable from my Sony XBA-300 and replaced them with nice upgrade copper cable, and it instantly improved the sonics. The stock cable is extremely thin, flimsy and has a mic on it. i hate mics. i rarely use my phone as a music player. Now they really sing. more bass presence from the bass BA driver, and the highs don't sound as artificial and splashy. Jut a tad more focused. I'm very pleased.

Nov 26, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #52,174 of 100,602
And yes I have fallen into the headphone hole...just ordered 6 of those banana stands and the Sennheiser HD 560S....

Didn't you say like a week ago that you try to avoid it :ksc75smile: :raising_hand:

Nov 26, 2020 at 8:01 AM Post #52,175 of 100,602
Didn't you say like a week ago that you try to avoid it :ksc75smile: :raising_hand:
I underestimated the power of the headphone hole. :joy:

oh and my tape pro has been shipped. Hope to get it next week. So uhm, the review will be in time for christmas sale at least.

Nov 26, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #52,176 of 100,602
I have the Open Heart Resin, the Black Bat and the Tiandirenhe TD06. They have much the same shell, but the Black Bat and Tiandirenhe have similarities in sound, despite the Black Bat having a Graphene Driver and the Tiandirenhe having a Bio Driver (allegedly). Both the Black Bat and Tiandirenhe have very heavy bass. The Black Bat is deliberately tuned for big bass. The Open Heart is 'comparatively' flatter and doesn't have the bass bloat that sometimes occurs in the other two, so it's treble is more noticeable. The Open Heart is not a 'Bass Monster' and has a more balanced sound. For £23 the package of the Open Heart is extremely good value. The cable and case are quite nice. The shape is good and has a custom type of feel. I slightly prefer the Tiandirenhe TD06, at the moment, because I have burned them in a while back and they have a very nice cable too.

Thank you very much!!!

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #52,177 of 100,602
TFZ Live X (1 DD) = 230 usd

1606408672475.png

https://shenzhenaudio.com/collectio...-diaphragm-unit-2pin-detachable-cable-headset

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #52,178 of 100,602
Nov 26, 2020 at 1:18 PM Post #52,180 of 100,602
That's one way to get robbed... Also, isn't gold the antithesis of a good diagphram material, heavy and low rigidity? Someone correct me if that's not the case

You think the weight actually comes into play on a micro coating? :) As a coating it is more on the Poly film diaphragm for the rigidity or really the resulting combo of both. Again those two do not a driver make. Not sure how good these are gonna be. TFZ with a track record of diminishing returns when they go above $200.

Nov 26, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #52,181 of 100,602
You think the weight actually comes into play on a micro coating? :) As a coating it is more on the Poly film diaphragm for the rigidity or really the resulting combo of both. Again those two do not a driver make. Not sure how good these are gonna be. TFZ with a track record of diminishing returns when they go above $200.

I don't even like the TFZ i currently have. It's a shrill mess. I don't have much faith in that company, and certainly not for $230.

I underestimated the power of the headphone hole. :joy:

oh and my tape pro has been shipped. Hope to get it next week. So uhm, the review will be in time for christmas sale at least.

I said the same thing after the Tape Pro purchase, and i ended up getting three more thanks to personally targeted discount messages lol I'm a sucker for a deal. But i swear this is it! lol

Nov 26, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #52,182 of 100,602
Nov 26, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #52,183 of 100,602
i've purchased 5 new earphones, and i'd purchased another 5 or so recently, and despite these new iem's coming in, only the A7 truly is as good or better than my Sennheiser IE800. Just based on timbre, detail retrieval, bass quality, treble extension and silky mids, they are just hard to beat. Throw in the wide stage you find in the Senn house sound, and the maturity of the tuning, and for a single dynamic, you can hear why they were the flagship Sennheiser iem for a long time. Truly my only TOTL, and very happy i own these. Says something that i kept these and unloaded my JVC FW01. Makes me wonder just how much better the IE800s are?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #52,184 of 100,602
The LZ A7 that I ordered from Penon Audio on 11.11, and paid the extra $1 for express shipping - was delivered today by DHL.
One interesting thing about the package - there was a nice quality Balanced cable in with the box that held the A7. The odd thing was that it's a 2.5mm TRRS to 2-Pin, so it's not for the A7, which is MMCX... :thinking:
After work this evening, I spent a few hours watching Hallmark Christmas Movies, with this configuration:
Roku Streamer [HDMI->SPDIF] -> TOSLINK Switch [Optical] -> Topping D70 DAC (Dual AK4497) [2x 3-Pin XLR] -> Loxjie P20 Tube Hybrid Amp (Reflektor 6N3P-DR Tubes (1980 NOS), 4x Dual OPA627AU Op-amps) [4-Pin XLR-2.5mm TRRS] -> Impact Audio Copper Litz MMCX cable -> LZ A7 (Blue Nozzles, Switch=Monitor)
The charts in the Manual are so small, I had to view them with a magnifying lens - and there doesn't seem to be as much variety in the curves, as the LZ A4 has. When I have some uninterrupted time over the Thanksgiving Holiday, I'll have to try out the different nozzles, tips, and switch settings - listening to some music that I'm familiar with.

You are using the unpopular blue nozzle.The popular ones are pop/red or monitor/silver. Check if you have good seal with your regular size tips. I have to upsize my regular M tips to L size for a better seal and isolation due to the small size of A7.

For the last three days, I've been listening pretty much exclusively to the A7 earphones - music at work, and Hallmark Christmas Movies at home.
While using Switch=Monitor, and experimenting with different Nozzles and Tips - I've found that for music, I prefer the flatter, Treble attenuating nozzles (Gold & Red); and for dialog (TV & movies), I prefer the Treble boosting nozzles (Blue & Silver); and the neutral nozzle (Black) works OK with either.
The tips that seem to fit and seal the best in my ears, are the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec (which I ordered from Amazon).
I'm really impressed with the Soundstage & Imaging of these LZ A7 earphones.

Nov 27, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #52,185 of 100,602
For the last three days, I've been listening pretty much exclusively to the A7 earphones - music at work, and Hallmark Christmas Movies at home.
While using Switch=Monitor, and experimenting with different Nozzles and Tips - I've found that for music, I prefer the flatter, Treble attenuating nozzles (Gold & Red); and for dialog (TV & movies), I prefer the Treble boosting nozzles (Blue & Silver); and the neutral nozzle (Black) works OK with either.
The tips that seem to fit and seal the best in my ears, are the Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec (which I ordered from Amazon).
I'm really impressed with the Soundstage & Imaging of these LZ A7 earphones.

Soundstage, imaging, and holographic spacing and depth are their strongst suits i think, followed by the other technicalities it does so well, nbut i think you hit the nail on the head with their most outstanding features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back