The discovery thread!
Nov 22, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #52,021 of 101,543
Aune E1 was their first I believe.

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:42 AM Post #52,022 of 101,543
Can't wait for them. I own Aune's first model - E1 (Polish Aune's distributor has exclusivity for it). Also single dynamic and it is still my favourite set - organic sound, very coherent. This one is much pricier but i exprect to be much better. Deffinitelly on my list.

Ah that's why it can only be found in Poland (weird). I almost bought it multiple times.

Nov 22, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #52,023 of 101,543
Wow the manufacturer must have faith in themselves to launch straight into the $300 region for a single DD. That's like competing with Tanchjim Oxygen.

Yet another expensive, mirrored finish single DD - feels like I've seen this before :)

Nov 22, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #52,024 of 101,543
Aune Jasper are really nice. Build quality is good, the case is stylish and the sound is great. I was able to listen to their two tuning options and finally they have chosen the better one IMHO. Natural tonality with great lows (quite fast, with precise subbass), clear, but not thin mids with upfront vocals, smooth, yet detailed highs. Channel separation, stage high and overall holography are good. Very interesing and competitive IEM for this price.

Jasper works great with premium cables and nicely reacts to tips rolling (more lows with Symbio W peel, more neutral sound with Acoustune AET08a etc.), so their sound is easy to further personalize.

Aune Jasper #5.jpgAune Jasper #4.jpgAune Jasper #3.jpgAune Jasper #2.jpgAune Jasper #1.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #52,025 of 101,543
@zolyniakm Interesting, thanks for sharing I had missed that!

Nov 22, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #52,026 of 101,543
Aune Jasper are really nice. Build quality is good, the case is stylish and the sound is great. I was able to listen to their two tuning options and finally they have chosen the better one IMHO. Natural tonality with great lows (quite fast, with precise subbass), clear, but not thin mids with upfront vocals, smooth, yet detailed highs. Channel separation, stage high and overall holography are good. Very interesing and competitive IEM for this price.

Jasper works great with premium cables and nicely reacts to tips rolling (more lows with Symbio W peel, more neutral sound with Acoustune AET08a etc.), so their sound is easy to further personalize.

Aune Jasper #5.jpgAune Jasper #4.jpgAune Jasper #3.jpgAune Jasper #2.jpgAune Jasper #1.jpg
You lost me at smooth highs. At those prices, i don't want "smooth and detailed". I want vibrant, extended, and CONTROLLED. Like the A7, RE-00, or IE800.

Nov 22, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #52,027 of 101,543
@davidmolliere you welcome :D

You lost me at smooth highs. At those prices, i don't want "smooth and detailed". I want vibrant, extended, and CONTROLLED. Like the A7, RE-00, or IE800.

Jasper's highs aren't dark, lifeless or dull. Treble extension is surprisingly good and the presentation has a nice amount of air. Also highs are quite lively, there is nice splash and hi-hat isn't too distant. Yet highs aren't overly bright and upfront (they sit a bit behind vocals, at the same time aren't merged with background).

If you are searching for very exciting highs with accented crash, Jasper prodobly won't provide that. Sound is quite lively and detailed (especially with something like Azla Sedna tips and better quality cable), yet smooth (as not harsh or piercing), without sibilance. Overall, different people have different tastes, but many could like Jasper's tuning.

Oxygen/KXXS' highs (especially lower around 6 kHz) are darker, less lively than Jasper's. DUNU Falcon-C on the other hand has a noticeable brighter, thinner treble (with stock cable, that doesn't match well with sound signature). Something like Phonic BWD8 (African Padauk wood), ikko OH7 have even smoother, less extended highs.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #52,028 of 101,543

Jasper's highs aren't dark, lifeless or dull. Treble extension is surprisingly good and the presentation has a nice amount of air. Also highs are quite lively, there is nice splash and hi-hat isn't too distant. Yet highs aren't overly bright and upfront (they sit a bit behind vocals, at the same time aren't merged with background).

If you are searching for very exciting highs with accented crash, Jasper prodobly won't provide that. Sound is quite lively and detailed (especially with something like Azla Sedna tips and better quality cable), yet smooth (as not harsh or piercing), without sibilance. Overall, different people have different tastes, but many could like Jasper's tuning.

Oxygen/KXXS' highs (especially lower around 6 kHz) are darker, less lively than Jasper's. DUNU Falcon-C on the other hand has a noticeable brighter, thinner treble (with stock cable, that doesn't match well with sound signature). Something like Phonic BWD8 (African Padauk wood), ikko OH7 have even smoother, less extended highs.

Totally agree with you on the KXXS. So i'm understanding you with the Jasper sound now. It's why the KXXS sits. Similar to the RE-400, and why I sold the Mofasest Trio. Dark and very unlively treble. Ok, we hear similarly, so i got the grasp now. Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #52,029 of 101,543

How does it compare to oxygen? Sidegrade or upgrade? Also mainly interested in male vocals and details.

Nov 22, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #52,030 of 101,543
Ran across the Blon BL-30 over ear headphones on Drop for $100 and AliExpress for $119 - the listing on Drop doesn't show a carry case photo, but the listing on AliExpress does.

BLON BL-30 Full Size Over-Ear Headphone with 70mm Driver, Open Back Style, Detachable 3.5mm Cable, Adjustable Headband

1606079611196.png

Also has independent connectors to each cup, so I can get a balanced cable for it :
1606079765642.png

Has anyone here listened to the Blon BL-30 yet?

I've seen a couple of reviews - apparently they missed their 11.11 debut, but are out now.

Linsoul has some specifications up, not much:
https://www.linsoul.com/products/blon-bl-30

Impedance - 150 ohms (high impedance)
Sensitivity - 110dB
Frequency range - 20-20KHz
Cable length - 1.5m
Style - Open back

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #52,031 of 101,543
Opened up my newly received Questyle CMA-400i yesterday and the internal layout was too gorgeous to not take some photos. All high quality components: Noratel toroidal mains transformer, dale resistors, wima/nichicon fg caps, and that rock-solid aluminium chassis which is unassumingly thick.

About the DAC/Amp itself - it's one of the best I've heard till now and I'd put it ahead of the RME ADI-2 in terms of amp performance (better dynamics and separation on the CMA-400i). The RME DAC/Amp however has a better DAC implementation with more reconstruction filter options and a very capable UI/UX that has a dizzying array of options. Still, being a fan of Questyle's signature, I picked the CMA-400i in the end and enjoying the pairing with the HD-650.

IMG_9084_r.JPG

IMG_9091.JPG
IMG_9094.JPG

Nov 22, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #52,032 of 101,543
How does it compare to oxygen? Sidegrade or upgrade? Also mainly interested in male vocals and details.

Considering I use hybrid cables like Labkable Draco and Ego Audio Cocktail with Oxygen/KXXS to make them sound more lively and dynamic, I would say I could prefer Jasper, that sound that way out of the box. It could be also the fascination with the novelty (last 2,3 weeks I listening mainly to Jaspers and few others like IT07, NX Ears Opera, Phonic BWD8, Anew X-One and cheaper Coastaudio Nebulae, leaving aside DUNU Luna, EE LX and few my other favourites). Overall, I can't say it's a big, very noticable upgrade over Oxygen (I would say both are a bit better than KXXS, but for some users changing KXXS for them could be also unjustifiable).

So I go for more like sidegrade for better lows, touch more forward and better defined male vocals (less smoothed/muffled out) and more lively cymbals. Oxygen and KXXS have a wider stage, but Jasper provides a bit "bigger sound" with better channel separation. Level of detail seems to be similar - Oxygen maybe a bit better for upper mids, Jasper with better lows and lower treble definition. Oxygen (as well as KXXS) are more Harman-neutral like. I would describe Jasper as kind of natural-neutral tuning (a touch more "fun and musicality" comparing to more "sterile" Oxygen/KXXS).

I'm big fan of single DD so I would recommend to try both :D

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #52,033 of 101,543

i remember the Sony M9 also being smooth and detailed in the treble.. and that's more than three times the price :o2smile:
that one is great though.. one of those IEMs that can made me stop and listened to the whole song when i auditioned it

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #52,034 of 101,543
i remember the Sony M9 also being smooth and detailed in the treble.. and that's more than three times the price :o2smile:
that one is great though.. one of those IEMs that can made me stop and listened to the whole song when i auditioned it

a lot of Sony products are smooth in the highs and detailed. Seems to be the Sony house tuning. Now there are a few exceptions of note (EX1000), but those are the exception and not the rule.

Nov 22, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #52,035 of 101,543
Speaking of Sony, listening to Yes - Fragile in super hi resolution using the Sony Z5 with the Azla Xelastic tips was a true aural pleasure. the quirky fit is alleviated with the air tight fit and grip of the Xelastics. I got the idea for using them on the Z5 because I was using my two pairs on the UE TF10 and UE700. The TF10 are notorious for their awkward fit, and they fit and seal great with the Xelastics, so i switched tips with the UE700 and voila! Great fit and sound from the Z5. Comfortable. The Z5 truly are very capable and detailed when paired with the R5 and Xelastics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back