The discovery thread!
Jul 23, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #48,466 of 100,887
The sub 100 USD IEMs (IT00, NA2, NM2) are extremely competitive to the point that they easily surpass the likes of Starfield, Hana in my opinion.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #48,467 of 100,887
LZ A7 protype just arrived, first extremely early impressions with stock filters and tips are very favorable:

20200723_135848.jpg

I've also made a dedicated thread for them here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lz-a7-iems-impressions-and-reviews-thread.938134/#post-15756688

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #48,468 of 100,887
Jul 23, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #48,469 of 100,887
Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #48,470 of 100,887
Thor Mjölnir (beryllium DD) = 200 usd

1595508532148.png
https://www.linsoul.com/collections/all/products/thor-mjolnir

Werent there only 20 units that is being sold?
https://www.youtube.com/post/UgzvOOelbQvbTH1i-xF4AaABCQ

1595508642739.png

EDIT: ...this listing came up today (thursday) and the brand seems to be called Thor. In swedish Thor is called "Tor" and Thursday is "Torsdag" meaning "Thor´s day". Just a random trivia :joy:
BGGAR seems to lose credibility daily for me. I find this claim particularly far fetched to believe.

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #48,471 of 100,887
BGGAR seems to lose credibility daily for me. I find this claim particularly far fetched to believe.
1595511875615.png

1595511906244.png

No mentions about it being limited (small batches to me means that it takes time to make NOT that it is limited...) and still sold out??? Linsoul needs to be more clear about stuff like this...

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #48,473 of 100,887
pretty sure he mentioned something different in his video but im always on the fence with him

He creates hype that's his job his thing.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #48,474 of 100,887
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #48,475 of 100,887
There is good and bad about the whole review thing. BGGR has his thing on youtube. Gets a lot of hits and people follow. Linsul feeds him a lot of earphones good or bad and it feeds his channel. If it sounds good I am sure he will hype it. All reviewers are hype men. If the earphone a reviewer gets is legit good.

What are you gonna do but say it is good. People will view it as hype or oh here is another free sample this guy got and they are only saying it is good because of the free sample. If a reviewer says it is good then it is viewed as hype. If they say it is bad then they are being objective. There is no middle ground.

Truth is. Todays earphones are way better than what they have been in the past. No longer are we seeing a constant crap shoot of earphones.

When I first started this thread and I bought everything just to hear them. I got something like 10 earphones and only 2 of them were worth anything and the rest of them was crap. Now a days that sound quality has shifted to mostly good to great so we are gonna see more "Hype."

On a personal note. Stuff I get for review I really havent heard too many that I would out right reject if at all. That is saying something about how much our hobby has advanced. So while reviewers may seem to hype just about everything sometimes i can concour on how confusing things can get. You get one earphone one week that sounds great the next week you get something better. With the rate that these earphones are turning out with even more manufacturers getting in the game. It gets even more confusing.

Ultimately reviews should just be a tool for you to guage what the earphones are about and by no means should you say just because this guy is hyping it I should get it as well. If your sound preference aligns with a person that is doing a reivew is similar that is one thing but. Always take them reviews with a grain and a pinch. Look at the sound descriptions and go from there.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #48,476 of 100,887
There is good and bad about the whole review thing. BGGR has his thing on youtube. Gets a lot of hits and people follow. Linsul feeds him a lot of earphones good or bad and it feeds his channel. If it sounds good I am sure he will hype it. All reviewers are hype men. If the earphone a reviewer gets is legit good.

What are you gonna do but say it is good. People will view it as hype or oh here is another free sample this guy got and they are only saying it is good because of the free sample. If a reviewer says it is good then it is viewed as hype. If they say it is bad then it they are being objective. There is no middle ground.

Truth is. Todays earphones are way better than what they have been in the past. No longer are we seeing a constant crap shoot of earphones.

When I first started this thread and I bought everything just to hear them. I got something like 10 earphones and only 2 of them were worth anything and the rest of them was crap. Now a days that sound quality has sifted to mostly good to great so we are gonna see more "Hype."

On a personal note. Stuff I get for review I really havent heard too many that I would out right reject if at all. That is saying something about how much our hobby as advanced. So while reviewers may seem to hype just about everything sometimes i can concour on how confusing things can get. You get one earphone one week that sounds great the next week you get something better. With the rate that these earphones are turning out with even more manufacturers getting in the game. It gets even more confusing.

Ultimately reviews should just be a tool for you to guage what the earphones are about and by no means should you say just because this guy is hyping it I should get it as well. If your sound preference aligns with a person that is doing a reivew is similar that is one thing but. Always take them reviews with a grain and a pinch. Look at the sound descriptions and go from there.
I do agree what you are saying here but just want to say that, when a lot of the stuff is really great rather than bad. Our standards should be higher, because if everything is great nothing is.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #48,477 of 100,887
The only thing that bothers me about BGGAR, when I am otherwise quite grateful for his reviews, understanding the limitations of subjectivity (he likes bass etc.) and hype-creating, is the fact that his list is basically 'the best of Linsoul' as whatever else is on there not from Linsoul is prohibitively expensive. Creates the impression that BL03 or L3 can compete against the giants. No, they can't.

Jul 23, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #48,478 of 100,887

No mentions about it being limited (small batches to me means that it takes time to make NOT that it is limited...) and still sold out??? Linsoul needs to be more clear about stuff like this...
If you expect honesty from Linsoul, you're gonna have a bad time....

What are you gonna do but say it is good. People will view it as hype or oh here is another free sample this guy got and they are only saying it is good because of the free sample. If a reviewer says it is good then it is viewed as hype. If they say it is bad then it they are being objective. There is no middle ground.

When I first started this thread and I bought everything just to hear them. I got something like 10 earphones and only 2 of them were worth anything and the rest of them was crap. Now a days that sound quality has sifted to mostly good to great so we are gonna see more "Hype."

On a personal note. Stuff I get for review I really havent heard too many that I would out right reject if at all. That is saying something about how much our hobby as advanced. So while reviewers may seem to hype just about everything sometimes i can concour on how confusing things can get. You get one earphone one week that sounds great the next week you get something better. With the rate that these earphones are turning out with even more manufacturers getting in the game. It gets even more confusing.

Truth, some of you guys will never know what kind of straight up garbage you could buy for $500, even just a few years ago much less 10-40 years ago. My first headphone amp cost me $200 back in the day and is easily beat by even the cheapest FIIO.

It wasn't too far back that I considered brands like Sennheiser to offer good "value" just because they didn't sell total hot garbage.
I do agree what you are saying here but just want to say that, when a lot of the stuff is really great rather than bad. Our standards should be higher, because if everything is great nothing is.
Meh, I disagree to some extent. Something of beauty is beautiful regardless of other things of beauty. It can be very hard to understand the diminishing returns issue in this hobby for newcomers in particular. My $30 jade EA1 and my $450 7hz i99 are like comparing two models, one is rate 7 and the other a 9. One just happens to be a DD cup while the other is a C cup. Both are objectively beautiful, we're to the point where subjective tastes are far more important than they were previously.

The average is now so much higher and the variability is so much lower that it's very different than it used to be. It's honestly surprising now when you get something like the TRN VX, which is a total 5.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #48,479 of 100,887
Different opinions are certain as we are all different individuals. I personally believe that it is important to hear TOTL flagship IEMs to fully understand what good sound is. For example, person A only has experience with under 50 USD IEM while person B has experience with different IEMs up to 2000 USD. Next, in the assessment of a 150 USD IEM, person A will say it is the best IEM he/she has tried while person B will feel it is just alright and competent at its price point. It is evident that it is not easy to please person B due to his/her exposure. In recent times, the standard for IEMs keeps increasing in this ever-competive market and it has come to a point of saturation in which there are many good IEMs but just a few game changing IEMs. Of course, there are other factors that come into play such as source, tips and listening preferences. I am of the opinion that something good can shine with anything. To sum up, reference point, experience and listening preferences are the fundamentals. The more experienced you are, the easier it is for you to discern what's good. Ultimately, it is to enjoy the music. Cheers and Happy Listening! :)

Jul 23, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #48,480 of 100,887
I have NM2 but want to believe that this lineup is a banger in general. Judging from descriptions and considering tuning differences.
To me, the NA2 seems to be tuned a lot like the Harman curve, but w/o any any harsh upper mids or harsh treble...how I imagine the Starfield sounds (I still have not heard it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back