The discovery thread!
Oct 31, 2019 at 7:18 AM Post #44,446 of 99,764

This guy seems very happy listening to the falafel fail. This carbo thing must be real we shouldn't let go the oppoty to try this eraphone. Maybe its our driam

Yeah, badly photoshopped image is amusing. I suspect the same is true of the CNC image. Then there is mention of Litz cable. I was looking at a the Obravo Cupid recently. It has a Litz cable, the version without the Litz cable is 60 Euro cheaper. So Litz cut them a sweet deal....

But hey, transparent body looks good, and Anime girls :)

Oct 31, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #44,449 of 99,764
Just tried exactly the same mod using large Spiral Dots..totally worth it for the better fit, boosted bass/sub-bass...Blon Bliss!! :)

I see. Well, I am currently using the KZ tips, but turned inside out. They are pretty long at the moment, longer than any other tips I have aside from the foam tips.

I think that for me, they would be a bit too loose. As long it doesn't cause issues for you, all fine I guess :)

I have never thought about it before, cutting out cylinder of smaller-diameter tips and put them inside larger ones to make them fit better. I do have some Spiral Dots lying around, maybe I should try them out. Will try to cut out from some of the tips that came with the Blon-03, those should be just fine I figure.

Edit: I have found some worn out foam tips that I don't use anymore and remove the nozzle cylinder. I cut 1 of those cylinders in half and put it over the IEM nozzles and then put a larger tip over it. They fit just fine now!

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #44,451 of 99,764
I think now it's time for me to chime in.
I have basically all the FOTMs, so here is the breakdown of them all

$200-300
It's a tie between LZ A6 and Audiosense T800, and they both sound equal to, or better than FH7, DK-4001, IE 400 - 500 Pro, Andromeda, IER-M9 depending on your music tastes

LZ A6 - The temperamental king
Pros: excellent treble detail and extension, tight and strong subbass, versatility, excellent wide soundstage (not tall) ==> technical abilities
Cons: some sibilance coming with treble extension
Remedy: copper cable, small pieces of foam inside the 10-40kHz filters
9/10

Audiosense T800 - The proper queen
Pro: excellent mid detail, strong and fun bass, safer treble than A6
Con: bass can feel slightly slow
Remedy: pure silver cable, tip rollings
9/10

$150 - 200
I don't own anything in this range, but auditioned IKKO OH10 (8/10) and Moondrop KXXS (7.5/10).
OH10 is better and quite good for the price, although both OH10 and KXXS don't give me the wow. They don't sound better than the $50-150 offerings in my collection (otherwise I would buy them)

$50 - 150
The most crowded arena

BQEYZ Spring 1
Pros: detailed, warm, excellent mid, good bass, holographic soundstage
Cons: slightly thin treble
Remedy: pure silver cable, nozzle screen removal, tips rolling
8/10

Shuoer Tape
Pros: hi-mid and high detail, strong and fun bass, wow factor
Cons: slightly shouty with female vocals, the 3kHz peak sometimes masks details in some areas
Remedy: Ostry OS200 tips

Sennheiser IE 40 Pro
Pros: excellent mid detail for DD, warm mid, very wide soundstage (not tall though)
Cons: subbass roll-off, slightly thin treble
Remedy: copper custom cable, tips rolling
8/10

NiceHCK NX7
Pros: very detailed, tight strong bass, wide soundstage
Cons: 8 kHz fatiguing peak
Remedy: 2 pieces of foam inside the nozzles (just take out the screens using a needle)
8/10

KBEAR Hi7
Pros: very large soundstage
Cons: the 3kHz peak sometimes masks details in some areas
Remedy: haven't spent much time with this yet
6.5/10

UiiSii BA-T9
Pros: the largest soundstage of all my IEMs, very detailed
Cons: flat bass (not a con for many), slightly sibilant
Remedy: copper cable, foam tips
7.75/10

NiceHCK F3
Pros: quick attack/decay of planar
Cons: flat bass, 8kHz fatiguing peak
6.5/10

HiSenior H6
Pros: warm mid
Cons: subbass roll-off, treble roll-off
6.0/10

Sub-$50

Semkarch CNT-1
Pros: excellent detail with no strange peak, very fun, strong subbass with little midbass bleed, quick for DD
Cons: 2 pairs of stock filters sound bad
Remedy: LZ A6 filters (red ones)
7.5/10

Blon BL-03
Pros: natural, smooth sound (Harman style with less 3kHz peak)
Cons: treble roll-off, not as quick as CNT-1
Remedy: pure silver cable, KZ star tips
7/10

TRN V90
Prons: detailed with no sibilance, strong fun bass, separation
Cons: slightly slow bass, thin mid
Remedy: cable and tips rolling
7/10

KZ ZSX
Pros: smooth, flat sound with slightly raised sub-bass
Cons: not as detailed as V90 with less separation
Remedy: sold them
6.75/10

I-INTO i8
Pro: smooth sound, flat mid
Cons: treble roll-off, springy cable
Remedy: tips rolling
6.5/10

UiiSii CM5
Pros: Harman style sound, detailed treble
Cons: slightly slow bass
6.5/10

Ren Teng ix-12
Pros: strong bass, detailed
Cons: slight mid-bass bleed, fit problems
Remedy: wide bore tips
6.5/10

Pron: smooth sound, good soundstage
Cons: fit problems
Remedy: none
6.5/10

Sony MH755
What can I say, just buy them.

Some other IEMs I have sold: AKG N5005, KZ ZS10 Pro - ZS7 - ZS6, TRN IM1 Pro - IM2 - X6 - V20, Meizu Live, Kanas Pro, Tin T3, FLC 8S, NiceHCK N3, CCA C16, BGVP DM6, Sony XBA-A3 - XBA-300 - EX800ST, LZ A5... Most of them are not bad, some are excellent (N5005, FLC 8S), but I love to experience.

Hope this will help you with your 11.11 purchases. I'm feeling empty, cause I have nothing to buy now.
**** pro and trn ba5 are both ready to go for you!

You tried the bqeyz bq3? It's like a more detailed trn v90 imo. Also, you can try the mod of removing the foam backing on the spring 1.

Oct 31, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #44,453 of 99,764
Just sharing my thoughts on the BGVP DH3

IMG_20191031_232236-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_232406-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_232534-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_232749-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_233329-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_233445-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_233731-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_233820-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_234543-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_234705-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_234825-01.jpeg IMG_20191031_231549-01.jpeg

PROS:
- Engaging sound
- Build quality
- 4 different sound styles (switches)
- Variety of shell color options and faceplate designs (additional $)
- Value
CONS:
- There's a hint of sibilance, but still tolerable (for me)
- Minimal driver flex
- No included instructions about the switches

Build Quality
Good attention to aesthetics from BGVP. The shells look well made. One can even make out the numbering labels of the drivers through the semi-clear shells. The switches look tight and they snap on properly back and forth. It's only the labels on them that made me think what they are for, and only at a later time did I understand, with the help from a fellow enthusiast who also reviewed the product. The nozzles look good and with enough lip/stopper for tips, which often becomes a problem for CIEMs and other IEMs that easily loses the tips when pulling the earpieces out. The copper cable included is also well built. It is not the most supple or pliable cable though, but it's also not that stiff to begin with. There's only minimal cable microphonics and only noticeable when you're not playing any music.

Fit
I had no problems with the fit. Well, almost. As mentioned above, driver flex is present. It's minimal but still audible whenever I try to wear them. It's also present when applying pressure on the earpieces while wearing them. Of course, the flex can be minimized by carefully wearing the earpieces slowly. Overall fit is good. They feel comfortable enough to wear while stationary or on the move. I primarily used the included blue tips (vocal ear tips). They are not your typical stock tips. They're built like the Spinfit tips, which kind of contours inside the ears with the help of its flexible core/stem.

Sound
For this short review, I chose to leave the switches on the default mode (1 and 2). I used the blue tips included (vocal ear tips).
- Bass -
The subbass on stock configuration goes deep enough to feel the rumble on the selection of tracks that I tested. They were mostly RNB, hip-hop, triphop, and EDM. The midbass is punchy and is one of the qualities that make the DH3 engaging.
- Mids -
The engaging factor goes through to the middle frequencies. I could hear the strings and vocals clearly. Each pluck of note is vivid especially on acoustic tracks and there's also good weight on vocal centric tracks. This is one of the main attractions. Though as I tuned more into the tracks that showcases the mids, that's when I noticed the sibilance. It's audible but not entirely annoying. It's still below the threshold of my tolerance on sibilant sound.
- Highs -
I hear nothing special really, but they do the job. The BA drivers were tuned well, though the extension could be better. But if you do like sparkles? You got 'em.
- Soundstage -
Depth quality is better than its width. That's what I can say about the DH3's soundstage. Distance is much easier to tell thanks to the good amount of details and layering. 3D imaging would be further improved if there's a better amount of stage width for this IEM.

Comparison
I still have my iBasso IT03 ($259) lying around which has the same type of driver configuration as the DH3 ($149). Both are hybrid IEMs (two balanced armature drivers and a single dynamic driver).
The DH3 is ahead when it comes to build quality and comfort of wearing. They felt better when worn and my ears didn't feel sore even after a prolonged listening time. About the sound, the subbass of the IT03 still goes deeper. The rumble is felt even more. The DH3 has a quicker decay on midbass and edges the IT03 quite a bit on punchiness. Vocals sound more vivid and upfront on the DH3 while the IT03 felt more natural and centered. It's as if the IT03's sibilance disappeared when compared side by side with the DH3. Sibilance is more obvious on the DH3, both on male and female vocals. The highs on the IT03 felt a little more smooth. It's probably due to its wider soundstage, while the DH3 sounds more intimate having closer proximity of the instruments to the listener.
The DH3 can definitely go toe to toe with the much higher priced IT03. There's excellent value for the price with the DH3 having a better accessory package while also having the built in switches for a flexible tuning.

Conclusion
The BGVP DH3 is geared towards a fun and engaging sound to keep the listener browsing for more tracks from his/her collection. The basshead in me got satisfied and the overall quickness is good for multiple genres that I have tried. I felt that the highlight was in the mids having a warm and rich tone to it. The sibilance level is tolerable at most, but just a little bit more and I wouldn't have liked it. The sparkle up top is good but better extension would be more welcome.
As the IEM market gets heavily saturated more and more these days, it's also getting more difficult to try and find the one that will please us most. The BGVP DH3 can definitely satisfy those who prefer to enjoy the music as it is, having lesser priority on other technicalities and complicated stuff. Price to performance is another plus for me having heard worse iterations with same or higher prices. This time, BGPV didn't disappoint as compared to the last time I tried their much hyped and more expensive DM6. Kudos!

PS:
I found out that the switches were effective and working when I unknowingly put the IEM on while the switches were set differently on each earpiece. I noticed that they sounded different. I was told that having them both at 1 and 2 sets them at default. Turning knob 1 to ON enhances the treble. Turning knob 2 gives more bass. Both 1 and 2 turned ON enhances the mids.

Oct 31, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #44,454 of 99,764
kv_top_pc.jpg

http://www.victor.jp/headphones/in-ear/ha-fw1500/

JVC Kenwood Co., Ltd. will release the HA-FW1500 high-res inner ear headphones from the beginning of November as a new lineup of the WOOD series that uses the “wood” diaphragm from the Victor brand. This machine incorporates high-quality sound technologies such as the wood dome carbon diaphragm obtained from the development of the flagship model “HA-FW10000”, and has realized a new sound generation and lively feeling through original sound quality tuning. Premium model. The ornament is engraved with the “Dog Mark”, a symbol of the Victor brand.

This machine is equipped with the wood dome carbon diaphragm, which is popular with the “HA-FW10000”, and has undergone sound quality tuning that focuses on sound image expression, providing a high-quality low range, clear high range, realistic sound image expression and a sense of dynamism. Realized.
d45133-21-179229-8.jpg
d40b505d-cfcd-44f3-a7a8-bfba39961a79.jpg

We will place this unit on the market as a new generation premium model where you can enjoy a new high-quality sound that adds a realistic sound image expression and dynamism to the unique sound. Realizing beautiful tone and precise expression with wood dome carbon diaphragm
Combining a 50um wood dome thinly cut by a unique thin film processing technology with a carbon-coated PET diaphragm from a cover material with fast sound propagation speed and excellent vibration damping characteristics, it is suitable for the outer periphery of the diaphragm a suppleness is given to the dome part at the center of the diaphragm with a higher strength, realizing a beautiful tone and precise expressive power.
gallery1.jpg
ebc7594f-78ca-4db9-ad06-e50085ab4c18.jpg

001-7.jpg
006-7.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-31_20-2-0.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-31_20-2-0.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 0
Oct 31, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #44,455 of 99,764
kv_top_pc.jpg

JVC Kenwood Co., Ltd. will release the HA-FW1500 high-res inner ear headphones from the beginning of November as a new lineup of the WOOD series that uses the “wood” diaphragm from the Victor brand. This machine incorporates high-quality sound technologies such as the wood dome carbon diaphragm obtained from the development of the flagship model “HA-FW10000”, and has realized a new sound generation and lively feeling through original sound quality tuning. Premium model. The ornament is engraved with the “Dog Mark”, a symbol of the Victor brand.

This machine is equipped with the wood dome carbon diaphragm, which is popular with the “HA-FW10000”, and has undergone sound quality tuning that focuses on sound image expression, providing a high-quality low range, clear high range, realistic sound image expression and a sense of dynamism. Realized.
d45133-21-179229-8.jpg

We will place this unit on the market as a new generation premium model where you can enjoy a new high-quality sound that adds a realistic sound image expression and dynamism to the unique sound. Realizing beautiful tone and precise expression with wood dome carbon diaphragm
Combining a 50um wood dome thinly cut by a unique thin film processing technology with a carbon-coated PET diaphragm from a cover material with fast sound propagation speed and excellent vibration damping characteristics, it is suitable for the outer periphery of the diaphragm a suppleness is given to the dome part at the center of the diaphragm with a higher strength, realizing a beautiful tone and precise expressive power.
gallery1.jpg

001-7.jpg
006-7.jpg

i already have the FW01, and for all it's awesomeness in sound, and it is an awesome sounding earphone, the fit is abysmal, and after going for a more ergonomic shape for this last mega-expensive wood dome iem, they go right back to this totally crappy housing, with super short tubing/stem, which makes getting a good seal very difficult, and when you move left and right, it can break the seal. same issues with the sennheiser ie40 pro. i'll pass and stick with my FW01 for low movement listening.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #44,456 of 99,764
i already have the FW01, and for all it's awesomeness in sound, and it is an awesome sounding earphone, the fit is abysmal, and after going for a more ergonomic shape for this last mega-expensive wood dome iem, they go right back to this totally crappy housing, with super short tubing/stem, which makes getting a good seal very difficult, and when you move left and right, it can break the seal. same issues with the sennheiser ie40 pro. i'll pass and stick with my FW01 for low movement listening.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #44,457 of 99,764
Since it would sound worse with more seal they have always designed them to be very difficult to get a high seal. Not gonna change the design as you might imagine. You might have wanted them to do the R&D to get both a better stable fitting design that does not start to choke the driver and degrade the performance with better seal/isolation. If they did that then they would be more than $600 lol! Think them making the Spiral dots softer is an attempt to help. Not sure if it does. Of course another earphone you need to work with but that isn't anything new.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 12:27 AM Post #44,458 of 99,764
kv_top_pc.jpg

d45133-21-179229-8.jpg

gallery1.jpg

001-7.jpg
006-7.jpg

Looks great! do you know the price? is it a TOTL like FW 10k?

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #44,459 of 99,764
I think now it's time for me to chime in.
I have basically all the FOTMs, so here is the breakdown of them all

$200-300
It's a tie between LZ A6 and Audiosense T800, and they both sound equal to, or better than FH7, DK-4001, IE 400 - 500 Pro, Andromeda, IER-M9 depending on your music tastes

LZ A6 - The temperamental king
Pros: excellent treble detail and extension, tight and strong subbass, versatility, excellent wide soundstage (not tall) ==> technical abilities
Cons: some sibilance coming with treble extension
Remedy: copper cable, small pieces of foam inside the 10-40kHz filters
9/10

Audiosense T800 - The proper queen
Pro: excellent mid detail, strong and fun bass, safer treble than A6
Con: bass can feel slightly slow
Remedy: pure silver cable, tip rollings
9/10

$150 - 200
I don't own anything in this range, but auditioned IKKO OH10 (8/10) and Moondrop KXXS (7.5/10).
OH10 is better and quite good for the price, although both OH10 and KXXS don't give me the wow. They don't sound better than the $50-150 offerings in my collection (otherwise I would buy them)

$50 - 150
The most crowded arena

BQEYZ Spring 1
Pros: detailed, warm, excellent mid, good bass, holographic soundstage
Cons: slightly thin treble
Remedy: pure silver cable, nozzle screen removal, tips rolling
8/10

Shuoer Tape
Pros: hi-mid and high detail, strong and fun bass, wow factor
Cons: slightly shouty with female vocals, the 3kHz peak sometimes masks details in some areas
Remedy: Ostry OS200 tips

Sennheiser IE 40 Pro
Pros: excellent mid detail for DD, warm mid, very wide soundstage (not tall though)
Cons: subbass roll-off, slightly thin treble
Remedy: copper custom cable, tips rolling
8/10

NiceHCK NX7
Pros: very detailed, tight strong bass, wide soundstage
Cons: 8 kHz fatiguing peak
Remedy: 2 pieces of foam inside the nozzles (just take out the screens using a needle)
8/10

KBEAR Hi7
Pros: very large soundstage
Cons: the 3kHz peak sometimes masks details in some areas
6.5/10

UiiSii BA-T9
Pros: the largest soundstage of all my IEMs, very detailed
Cons: flat bass (not a con for many), slightly sibilant
7.75/10

NiceHCK F3
Pros: quick attack/decay of planar
Cons: flat bass, 8kHz fatiguing peak
6.5/10

HiSenior H6
Pros: warm mid
Cons: subbass roll-off, treble roll-off
6.0/10

Sub-$50

Semkarch CNT-1
Pros: excellent detail with no strange peak, very fun, strong subbass with little midbass bleed, quick for DD
Cons: 2 pairs of stock filters sound bad
Remedy: LZ A6 filters (red ones)
7.5/10

Blon BL-03
Pros: natural, smooth sound (Harman style with less 3kHz peak)
Cons: treble roll-off, not as quick as CNT-1
Remedy: pure silver cable, KZ star tips
7/10

TRN V90
Prons: detailed with no sibilance, strong fun bass, separation
Cons: slightly slow bass, thin mid
Remedy: cable and tips rolling
7/10

KZ ZSX
Pros: smooth, flat sound with slightly raised sub-bass
Cons: not as detailed as V90 with less separation
Remedy: sold them
6.75/10

I-INTO i8
Pro: smooth sound, flat mid
Cons: treble roll-off, springy cable
6.5/10

UiiSii CM5
Pros: Harman style sound, detailed treble
Cons: slightly slow bass
6.5/10

Ren Teng ix-12
Pros: strong bass, detailed
Cons: slight mid-bass bleed, fit problems
Remedy: wide bore tips
6.5/10

Pron: smooth sound, good soundstage
Cons: fit problems
Remedy: none
6.5/10

Sony MH755
What can I say, just buy them.

Some other IEMs I have sold: AKG N5005, KZ ZS10 Pro - ZS7 - ZS6, TRN IM1 Pro - IM2 - X6 - V20, Meizu Live, Kanas Pro, Tin T3, FLC 8S, NiceHCK N3, CCA C16, BGVP DM6, Sony XBA-A3 - XBA-300 - EX800ST, LZ A5, BQEYZ KC2... Most of them are not bad, some are excellent (N5005, FLC 8S), but I love to experience.

Hope this will help you with your 11.11 purchases. I'm feeling empty, cause I have nothing to buy now.
Very good write-up! ...I totally agree with most of your impressions! Though, I don't have the A6 (and some), I have the A6mini to vouch for. Most reviewers do chime in comparing both with more similarities than any differences. ...And, I too agree that the way you wrote about the A6 does sound very similar to my A6mini. The A6mini truly performs well above their much new lower price range.
:point_right: Basically, a steal for their low price versus their performance!

-Clear

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #44,460 of 99,764
Any thoughts between the toneking ninetails vs the LZ A6 mini?
I am thinking of either one for the upcoming 11:11

Users who are viewing this thread

Back