The discovery thread!
Nov 29, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #26,836 of 101,949
im interested in the FXH30s but the FXT100 and FXT200LTD had my attention the moment i found out they were centered around high resolution and clarity.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #26,837 of 101,949
So far very impressed. Bass is very quick, just the right amount. Sub-bass notes doesn't linger but it's there. Mid-bass isn't obtrusive. Vocals are along the lines of the CKR earphones but doesn't sound as forced. Treble is very nice. Lots of detail without any hotness or sibilance. Staging is good but isn't massive. High quality sound all together.

Build seems solid. Much better than MDR-1R. It's not light in weight but not overly heavy. Clamping force is significant but very nice pads to take the pressure away. Gotta be the best looking headphone to date for me.

Nice danny, on Monday I should be able to provide my own impressions, I hope I enjoy it.

By less forced, do you mean less forward and less grainy sounding?
Nope, and doubted them at first. ASG-1 was the only Aurisonics I have ever purchased before. Enough "word of mouth" though by now. Reference Tenore I did have and Heaven V was probably the other I may have purchased but saw the the Rockets on sale and it was time to purchase something(last non-budget model was XBA40). I've seen some of your comments on them :wink: . We seemed to have heard a few of the same things and our opinions match up pretty darn close. CKR9, Tenore, GR07 MK1, CN40, B2(DBA-02 for me), MH1, ASG-1, XBA 4(40 for me), and probably others as well.

Any tip recommendations??

Looking good Dannybai! I keep saying to vlenbo that the GM are the best looking of the MSR bunch.

It's true, he showed and persuading me into purchasing the brown. The red still looks really good though.....

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #26,839 of 101,949
The ciem company 1954 ears says they have new technology that is a new solution to hearing loss by implementing this technology in their iems http://www.digitaltrends.com/music/earbuds-making-deaf-1964adel-thinks-designed-solution/

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #26,840 of 101,949
  The ciem company 1954 ears says they have new technology that is a new solution to hearing loss by implementing this technology in their iems http://www.digitaltrends.com/music/earbuds-making-deaf-1964adel-thinks-designed-solution/

There has been a lot of discussion of these already at the 1964 Ears thread, and this dedicated thread.

Its a kick-starter program. You offer some cash to help in development, they give you back a gift of the finished product.

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #26,841 of 101,949

There has been a lot of discussion of these already at the 1964 Ears thread, and this dedicated thread.

Its a kick-starter program. You offer some cash to help in development, they give you back a gift of the finished product.

Great you get to pay all their start up costs and they get to sell at full pop into the marketplace. Hmmmmm Economics 101.Peez Poor investment strategy. If I'm investing I want shares not a discount off your product.

Hardly wait till GM gets into kickstarter:)

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:13 PM Post #26,842 of 101,949
So far very impressed. Bass is very quick, just the right amount. Sub-bass notes doesn't linger but it's there. Mid-bass isn't obtrusive. Vocals are along the lines of the CKR earphones but doesn't sound as forced. Treble is very nice. Lots of detail without any hotness or sibilance. Staging is good but isn't massive. High quality sound all together.

Build seems solid. Much better than MDR-1R. It's not light in weight but not overly heavy. Clamping force is significant but very nice pads to take the pressure away. Gotta be the best looking headphone to date for me.

thanks for taking the Plunge on these DannyBai! i look forward to your impressions in depth!

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #26,844 of 101,949
Great you get to pay all their start up costs and they get to sell at full pop into the marketplace. Hmmmmm Economics 101.Peez Poor investment strategy. If I'm investing I want shares not a discount off your product.

This.

It's great for companies and great for consumers to have a chance at something that might otherwise have not been made, but an investment is not a word I'd use to describe it. More like a prepayment with possible benefits (and delays that make it a wash).

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #26,845 of 101,949

Yep to add a bit to vwinter, you are getting behind a product not investing in the company. They sell for whatever they are gonna sell for and the backers get the product either early or for a much reduced rate or both. These are small companies usually and Kickstarter is a good way to get a product funded or otherwise we might not even see said product. GM is apples to oranges there. Just sayin :)

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #26,846 of 101,949
Received my ATH-MSR7.

Impressions: OH MAN GOSH DANG.

The vocals are a good improvement over the ckr lineup. The voices are a bit more subdued in the detail and I believe the 5khz dip has been fixed with this headphone as strings have better bite now. The highs are frigging amazing!!!!! The bass is just right in amount of quantity like danny said (though it depends on the song), and even better, the bass is tight.

The staging is great in height and has plenty of depth.

THIS HEADPHONE ROCKS!!!!!

Until I heard the lower treble sound slightly OH SO SLIGHTLY sibilant to my ears. :frowning2:

Danny, if you can, would you mind listening to beatle's norwegian wood? There was an annoying sibilance (slight very slight) that caught my attention. It's when they play with the finger cymbals I believe.

EDIT: THe headphones look gorgeous in gunmetal, looks like jant was not playing with my heartstrings when he recommended them. Thanks bud!

The pads are comfortable as heck, the clamp is definitely tight enough to harm one's head, but the padding helps mitigate this possible problem.

The vocals for females are awesome, and the treble sounds fantastic. The lower treble may have a potential sibilance, and the bass is nicely textured. The stage is intimate but has a great height and depth once again. Strings have better weight and crunch compared to the ckr series.

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #26,847 of 101,949
Alright, I just want to verify something. I may have been biased and uninformed about something regarding cables.

What if I was using the provided cables the wrong way?

I.e. using the input plug as the connector plug for the headphone?

Also, I already made a switch and no difference in sound is heard

Only asking to be unbiased as possible. I was using the portable player device cable; switched to the smartphone cable and I like the lack of sibilance.

Edit: I was using a samsung galaxy note 4 with terrible quality mp3 apparently. I went to hear the music on the pc, but I still suffer some slight sibilance with Norwegian Wood by the Beatles.

I listened to Seven days, which had sibilance in another headphone *Cough re700* and it doesn't exhibit this problem.

Despite this sibilance problem, the mids are fantastically smoother and better weighted than the ckr series. Unfortunately, the mids are still forwarded, but as danny said, the mids are at least 1db less forwarded than the ckr series.

Staging is still impressive as always. I enjoy the bass and the detail that the headphone outputs, but most of all I enjoy the treble response of this headphone. Now I hear that the timbre of sticks hitting against each other, string instruments, and piano sounding that much better.

Headphone is hard to drive unfortunately...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back