The discovery thread!
Nov 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #26,748 of 106,540
The Fidues look nice but the fit / way they go in the ears looks strange (I have weird shaped ears) so I often have to stick with regular 'bullet' shaped housings that can be worn straight down. Had enough of my Tenores and their awful QC. Currently scouting around for a replacement with:

1. A similar sound signature but a more refined / better quality sound (Couldn't think of how to describe it)
  2. Similar comfort (I wear Tenores straight down and I can wear them all day if I wanted to because of how light they are)
  3. Better build quality (Esp. where the cable goes into the housings)
  4. Up to $200 and can be bought / shipped to Europe

Nov 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #26,749 of 106,540
I'll just wait 2 weeks and check if these are still the best :D

Lol, no kidding.

The Fidues look nice but the fit / way they go in the ears looks strange (I have weird shaped ears) so I often have to stick with regular 'bullet' shaped housings that can be worn straight down. Had enough of my Tenores and their awful QC. Currently scouting around for a replacement with:

• A similar sound signature but a more refined / better quality sound (Couldn't think of how to describe it)
  • Similar comfort (I wear Tenores straight down and I can wear them all day if I wanted to because of how light they are)
  • Better build quality (Esp. where the cable goes into the housings)
  • Up to $200 and can be bought / shipped to Europe

I wonder how the KC06A would work?

Nov 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #26,750 of 106,540
Nov 21, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #26,751 of 106,540
Man you guys are missing out on the best dual dynamic on the market imo with the Fidue A71 at $99.

You including the CKR's as well(dual 13mm)???
biggrin.gif
You gonna make Vlenbo angry and say A71 > CKR9?

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #26,753 of 106,540
Hi guys, pardon my barging in. First post on the discovery thread 
etysmile.gif

Fostex TE-07 single BA. Releasing early December. Anyone? 
biggrin.gif

http://ameblo.jp/e-earphone/entry-11955104832.html

What catches my attention is how expensive it is for a universal single BA

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #26,754 of 106,540
I like the A71 better. Only part the CKR9 does better is the bass. For my tastes anyway.

I was auditioning the a71 and a83 yesterday. Couldn't get a fit for a71. The sound kept changing depending on the angle of the body. Naturally as I moved my head the fit moved as well, and unfortunately, I didn't have too much time to fiddle around with it. Mind sharing any tricks involved (if there's any at all) ?

Nov 21, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #26,755 of 106,540
I was auditioning the a71 and a83 yesterday. Couldn't get a fit for a71. The sound kept changing depending on the angle of the body. Naturally as I moved my head the fit moved as well, and unfortunately, I didn't have too much time to fiddle around with it. Mind sharing any tricks involved (if there's any at all) ?

I had more trouble with the A83 than A71. But, I am using both with shallow fit. I read that most have some sort of trouble with fit on the A71 as well but for me, that one is one of the best I've come across. Using UE900 tips with that one and Final Audio tips with the A83.

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #26,758 of 106,540
I had more trouble with the A83 than A71. But, I am using both with shallow fit. I read that most have some sort of trouble with fit on the A71 as well but for me, that one is one of the best I've come across. Using UE900 tips with that one and Final Audio tips with the A83. 

My experience was the exact opposite to yours though. the a83 fit well, but the a71 just didn't seem to work for me. Had another 2 people there in the room. None of them could get it right neither. Good to hear it fits you well though.

I guess I should try it again next time I have the chance. Takes more than that for me to give up lol ( Havi B3 was giving me a lot of issues as well at first)

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #26,759 of 106,540
Remember final audio desig heaven line?
biggrin.gif

Ah yes, those 
biggrin.gif
. Are they using similar technology perhaps? Anyway, just need to hear it to tell 
biggrin.gif

Nov 21, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #26,760 of 106,540
My experience was the exact opposite to yours though. the a83 fit well, but the a71 just didn't seem to work for me. Had another 2 people there in the room. None of them could get it right neither. Good to hear it fits you well though.

I guess I should try it again next time I have the chance. Takes more than that for me to give up lol ( Havi B3 was giving me a lot of issues as well at first)

Not sure why they made it over ear. That shape would work fine hanging down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back