The discovery thread!
Dec 27, 2013 at 4:57 AM Post #17,836 of 106,551
  3 of them, and I just ordered the Xiaomi Piston 2.0 Gold! $20.00 with shipping. I'm intrigued by the Beryllium driver, so no matter what, It's a good buy. With my TDK BA-200, Samsung HS-330, and Xiaomi Piston, I've used up all my Christmas $$. I'm broke. :)

Great! Can't wait to hear your impressions, what with you having more earphones to compare with and all.
popcorn.gif

Also, now that makes two of us broke. 
tongue.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #17,837 of 106,551
  I was on Amazon the other day and noticed that the Denon Urban Raver AH-C300's were down to $89 from over $200 so I bit since it has two 11.5mm drivers in each earpiece.  I received them the other day.  The packaging is in the premier range and comes with ear hooks just like what Bose uses and a good deal of nice tips.  I've had some time listening to them for the past couple of days and it's not bad.  It's got loads of bass but it's actually quite controlled.  The ear hooks aren't necessary since it fits just fine without them.  It's a massive earphone though.  Think of the CKS1000's but thicker.  Anyway, not a bad purchase and it really doesn't sound all that bad until I put in a new pair I just received today.  Eric has been impressed by these for the past week or so and when I read his posts, I couldn't resist.  I've had them in my ears non-stop for the past 7 hours and it's incredible.  The Sony XBA-H3 is the new flagship of the Sony earphones.  Blows away the EX1000, XBA-40, XB90EX and so on.  I've been comparing to the XBA-40's since that's been one of my favorite IEM's for a long time.  The H3 makes them sound tinny and now I finally hear what some have complained about the old XBA line.  The H3 has that 90EX bass but adds a bit of mid-bass flavor to even it out some.  The vocals are more upfront than the XBA-40's and sound much more natural.  Treble can't even be compared to the XBA-40's and especially the EX1000's.  It's smooth and the clarity is there.  Just because it doesn't extend to the harshness of some earphones (EX1000) doesn't mean it isn't clear and less detailed.  The one of the biggest advantages I hear in the H3 is the positioning of the instruments.  It's superb.  Vocals are close and clear, instruments are positioned around the vocals in every direction.  It's a big sound like many other earphones I've heard before but it's the positioning that's more accurate which makes for an even more immersive, musical listen like not too many other earphones in this thread or many others I've heard before.  To think that the EX1000's were going for $500 plus not that long ago and these are $350 starting price and it'll go down in soon enough.  The sound is not gonna be for everyone but for those who like big dynamic bass (many of us know how that 16mm Sony bass sounds) and add an armature driver for the midrange and another for the tweeter which corrected the issues from the older series and we have a winner on our hands.  This is the new Sony flagship earphone and I love it.  The H1 was good but the H3 blows it out of the water.  

Oh my! DannyBai, you and Ericp are giving me a hard time!

Noble 4... XBA H3... Noble 4... XBA H3...
I'm like a broken record! 
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #17,838 of 106,551
Well my KEF M200's already are faulty. Three days of light use, and the woofer in the left ear already went dead. I'm incredibly disappointed. Contacted customer support by e-mail. Let's see what they say when I hear back?

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #17,839 of 106,551
Well my KEF M200's already are faulty. Three days of light use, and the woofer in the left ear already went dead. I'm incredibly disappointed. Contacted customer support by e-mail. Let's see what they say when I hear back?

KEF's customer service is great and very professional in my experience. You should hear from them very soon. I'm confident they'll help you out.

Keep us posted. I'm hoping for the best.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #17,840 of 106,551
Out of the many, many earphones I've tried, the KEF M200 was/is my favorite in SQ. I cannot stand wearing it though. If KEF makes an M300 which fixes the comfort issues and refines the sound even more, I'm all over it.

It has me very interested in the H3, but not at its current price.

Next up will be a Piston 2.0 vs Havi B3 shootout for the budget value chinese king when I get the Piston. Beryllium vs. Dual Dynamic, both under $50. Gotta love advances in technology.

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #17,841 of 106,551
Dec 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #17,842 of 106,551
Dec 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #17,843 of 106,551

I think that may be the older model :\

EDIT: Actually, I think the picture is just outdated; I believe these are the newer model.

If they are the older model, are they still decent earphones?

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #17,844 of 106,551
  If they are the older model, are they still decent earphones?

I don't know much about either, but I did order the newer model from Ibuygou. I'm almost 100% you ordered the new model because that's where beatsguy ordered his. I only initially saw the picture with the silver phones, but in the description it says brown.

EDIT: Oh wow, 100th post 
eek.gif

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #17,845 of 106,551

I don't know much about either, but I did order the newer model from Ibuygou. I'm almost 100% you ordered the new model because that's where beatsguy ordered his. I only initially saw the picture with the silver phones, but in the description it says brown.

EDIT: Oh wow, 100th post 
eek.gif

Thanks for your help - fingers crossed..

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #17,847 of 106,551

Ok so I didn't read beats previous post completely. He did not order from this source. I'm not sure which version you ordered to be honest. :\

No worries.  I've just emailed them to ask and let them know that it's the newer version I want.  Given that I placed the order only minutes ago, maybe they'll be good to me and let me cancel if these are not the latest ones..

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #17,849 of 106,551

Users who are viewing this thread

Back