The discovery thread!
Jan 23, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #34,966 of 101,278
My take on the Oomo earphones...
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/oomo-3d-immersive-earphones.22878/reviews#review-19738
Very much like the Auglamour RT-1 if you added some bass, some mids, and cymbal presence though the armature in the RT-1 is more articulate and slightly more extended up high. Also doesn't have the presentation or detachable cable of many earphones in the price range these days. Still, at times they jump up and are quite an experience but in certain situations more than being a great all rounder or all purpose earphone.

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:23 PM Post #34,967 of 101,278
My take on the Oomo earphones...
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/oomo-3d-immersive-earphones.22878/reviews#review-19738
Very much like the Auglamour RT-1 if you added some bass, some mids, and cymbal presence though the armature in the RT-1 is more articulate and slightly more extended up high. Also doesn't have the presentation or detachable cable of many earphones in the price range these days. Still, at times they jump up and are quite an experience but in certain situations more than being a great all rounder or all purpose earphone.
Nice review , like it ,

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #34,968 of 101,278
I think Peter123 can do that for you. He owns LZ A4 and the hybrid version but not this particular one. The SQ is not far off of the hybrid model but has some unexpected surprises in the way of a full bored bass end with legit rumble for sub bass. I will do an A/B comparison once I get them fully burned in to do a more in depth comparison but for now I am amazed at how good these things sound. Never had the LZ A4 myself but I can just go by what I have been hearing from these revision of the SD7. I know the saying these are punching above their price has been over used but again I am trying to figure out what level of sound performance I am hearing from these SD7 plus. It certainly is not in the price category I bought them at that is for certain.

In fact someone show me another 7 BA earphone for $166. I know more drivers don't necessarily mean better tuning but in this case. The added depth with layers of imagery and how vocals pop out with excellent height of sound I can only guess is due to all the BAs firing off at once. It is quite spectacular sounding. Different from your stanadard stereo sound.

They sound like the 3D switch is on from my ICAN but this is in single ended sound. They sound like a good balanced out sound but again in single end. Perhaps the most dimensional sounding earphones I have heard from the stock tuning.
Ohh man you are really enforcing me to buy these instead of A5,

Jan 23, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #34,969 of 101,278
I think Peter123 can do that for you. He owns LZ A4 and the hybrid version but not this particular one. The SQ is not far off of the hybrid model but has some unexpected surprises in the way of a full bored bass end with legit rumble for sub bass. I will do an A/B comparison once I get them fully burned in to do a more in depth comparison but for now I am amazed at how good these things sound. Never had the LZ A4 myself but I can just go by what I have been hearing from these revision of the SD7. I know the saying these are punching above their price has been over used but again I am trying to figure out what level of sound performance I am hearing from these SD7 plus. It certainly is not in the price category I bought them at that is for certain.

In fact someone show me another 7 BA earphone for $166. I know more drivers don't necessarily mean better tuning but in this case. The added depth with layers of imagery and how vocals pop out with excellent height of sound I can only guess is due to all the BAs firing off at once. It is quite spectacular sounding. Different from your stanadard stereo sound.

They sound like the 3D switch is on from my ICAN but this is in single ended sound. They sound like a good balanced out sound but again in single end. Perhaps the most dimensional sounding earphones I have heard from the stock tuning.
One more question , i am a mids-head and like bit forward vocals in presentation , i just want to know the mid range/vocals feels thin or have thickness/full bodies ,

Jan 24, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #34,970 of 101,278
Full bodied forward mid range. And added depth to boot. The mids have more emphasis than treble, But not forward enough to sound nasal or congested for vocals. It is done tastefully. It is a unique tuning. They do sound like a slight variation of the W EQ. It doesn't sound off or strange but what is more astounding is how crazy the bass is for an all BA earphone. The sound is a bit intimate due to the forwardness of the sound so wide stage guys might not like the in your face presentation of the SD7 plus. But if your a vocal lover and into your 3Dness these earphones are truely awesome for that. They do extremely well for R&B. Hip Hop, pop, Blues, Jazz, Soul music due to the type of tuning. Also due to the sheer speed of the sound rock and Metal of all genres sound spectacular.

I noticed due to the particular type of tuning these have they jive well with neutral tuned sources. Most of my sources are close to neutral minus the X5iii and the origiinal X3.

I have no doubt the LZ A5 is going to be a great earphone from the impressions I have been reading. I can just vouche for the SD7 plus. There are so many V to neutral shaped earphones out there.These are not either. Rare is it to find a tuning with forward midrange and crazy bass end to go with it. Not to menion all the detail you want from your BA earphones.

You know I have been trying to figure out what tuning these resemble the most for me. Lol they remind me a lot of my Shure SRH1540. Almost the exact type of tuning actually including the crazy depth and layers of sound. These guys are going for a Shure tuning.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #34,971 of 101,278
… Rare is it to find a tuning with forward midrange and crazy bass end to go with it. Not to menion all the detail you want from your BA earphones.…
You folks are making me want to try these. There's just something about how BAs sound that I really like but I do love my low end too and those all BA IEMs I've tried leave me feeling a bit disappointed. I keep trying hybrids hoping that the DD low end will make me happy when mixed with the BA smoothness across the rest of the spectrum but those I've tried seem to have a recessed lower midrange, I presume partly to keep the crossover between DD and BA less noticeable.

Jan 24, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #34,972 of 101,278
Full bodied forward mid range. And added depth to boot. The mids have more emphasis than treble, But not forward enough to sound nasal or congested for vocals. It is done tastefully. It is a unique tuning. They do sound like a slight variation of the W EQ. It doesn't sound off or strange but what is more astounding is how crazy the bass is for an all BA earphone. The sound is a bit intimate due to the forwardness of the sound so wide stage guys might not like the in your face presentation of the SD7 plus. But if your a vocal lover and into your 3Dness these earphones are truely awesome for that. They do extremely well for R&B. Hip Hop, pop, Blues, Jazz, Soul music due to the type of tuning. Also due to the sheer speed of the sound rock and Metal of all genres sound spectacular.

I noticed due to the particular type of tuning these have they jive well with neutral tuned sources. Most of my sources are close to neutral minus the X5iii and the origiinal X3.

I have no doubt the LZ A5 is going to be a great earphone from the impressions I have been reading. I can just vouche for the SD7 plus. There are so many V to neutral shaped earphones out there.These are not either. Rare is it to find a tuning with forward midrange and crazy bass end to go with it. Not to menion all the detail you want from your BA earphones.

You know I have been trying to figure out what tuning these resemble the most for me. Lol they remind me a lot of my Shure SRH1540. Almost the exact type of tuning actually including the crazy depth and layers of sound. These guys are going for a Shure tuning.
Please share the link of the store from where you purchased these , thanks ,

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #34,973 of 101,278
Well there is a lower mid range dip on the SD7 plus but to my ears it is really unoticable probably due to how deep the sound comes at you. Most tunes that I have heard using these sound forward and full on. Female vocals will send shivers down your spine.

HTB1l89ddHYI8KJjy0Faq6zAiVXaU.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32b8-43ed-bbcd-f04efa163366&priceBeautifyAB=5 If you plan on giveing these a go. Opt for the non cable one. Save yourself the money. The cable these things come with are the worst I have ever had. Just about anything is better than what comes with these.

They have discounts coupons when joining Aliexpress and vendor coupons for buying over $100 and such. I have seen the SD7 plus as low as $165 on sale and $200 for the average. This particular vender offers the SD7 plus with the option of no cable for about $10 less. If you just use Paypal you can use another vendor that accepts paypal but they usually include the cable and charge $200. Believe me these are not gonna win an award for accessories. The real win is the SD7 plus themselves.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #34,974 of 101,278
Well there is a lower mid range dip on the SD7 plus but to my ears it is really unoticable probably due to how deep the sound comes at you. Most tunes that I have hear using these sound forward and full on. Female vocals will send shivers down your spine.

HTB1l89ddHYI8KJjy0Faq6zAiVXaU.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32b8-43ed-bbcd-f04efa163366&priceBeautifyAB=5 If you plan on giveing these a go. Opt for the non cable one. Save yourself the money. The cable these things come with are the worse I have ever had. Just about anything is better than what comes with these.
Thanks for guidance , i have enough upgrade cables to use with them and i will try these soon although the FR graph looks not so satisfying to me specially the sudden fall from the both sides of 2khz range looks bit strange to me but i can trust on your ears, what you heard actually is more important than a graph on the paper ,

Jan 24, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #34,975 of 101,278
Ya it looks a bit off in the treble but it is inoffensive and due to the treble reagion using BAs the detail is there. These are not a treble first iem which is a good thing if you get ear fatigue due to brightness or too much treble. Mid range then bass then treble. When you hear your tunes these has the type of sound that is enjoybale. Not analytical at all. But has that BA smoothness, clarity and imagery you would expect from a multi BA set up. What the graph don't show you is how musical and enjoyable the tuning is. Sound layering is another aspect it doesn't show you.

If the IT01 had this type of depth and layering it would be an end game type of sound. I think that is where the IT04 will show it's muscle. We will see.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #34,976 of 101,278
Thanks for guidance , i have enough upgrade cables to use with them and i will try these soon although the FR graph looks not so satisfying to me specially the sudden fall from the both sides of 2khz range looks bit strange to me but i can trust on your ears, what you heard actually is more important than a graph on the paper ,

I already said this before - it looks worse than it is because Y axis is very dense and shows variations a lot. Having a 10db difference between 500Hz and 2kHz must be audible, I've had similar dips in lower mid range and I've noticed even a few db of this difference in the past - vocals and instruments will be thiner and more accentuated if I can say (lots of details and perception of details but a certain lack of body, some people probably prefer this - for me it can get weird having a good bass and sub bass yet vocals sounding thin, which is a common complain for people who prefer flatter response). However, 10db just puts it comfortably in V shaped category without going overboard with it, there is nothing particularly weird with this graph. I mean, LCD i4 can have more than 12dB peak around 1.5KHz and cost 2.5K$ while receiving good impressions.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #34,977 of 101,278
If I was a guessing man. I bet they used 2 BAs for bass, 3 BAs for mids and 2 for treble. Which is a logical set up for a 7 BA earphone. I haven't heard anything thin sounding on these earphones at all. If anything instruments and especially bass notes comes in full bore. Guys that like their bass a bit reserved are not gonna like these at all but that is what makes these earphones so charming in sound characteristics. My IM03 has good bass but not like the bass end of the SD7 plus.

I agree if the graph was streched out more it wouldn't look so peakish.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #34,978 of 101,278
You folks are making me want to try these. There's just something about how BAs sound that I really like but I do love my low end too and those all BA IEMs I've tried leave me feeling a bit disappointed. I keep trying hybrids hoping that the DD low end will make me happy when mixed with the BA smoothness across the rest of the spectrum but those I've tried seem to have a recessed lower midrange, I presume partly to keep the crossover between DD and BA less noticeable.

Tbh, for great quality subbass the A5 are pretty bad ass. Definitely the IEM's with best subbass quality/quantity I've heard. Yet the midrange is very clean with great resolution.

Imo the A5 better the A4 in soundstage width, subbass quality, resolution, clarity and a more rich midrange.

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #34,979 of 101,278
Tbh, for great quality subbass the A5 are pretty bad ass. Definitely the IEM's with best subbass quality/quantity I've heard. Yet the midrange is very clean with great resolution.

Imo the A5 better the A4 in soundstage width, subbass quality, resolution, clarity and a more rich midrange.
I was about to call you here peter , may you please share your thoughts about your SD7 hybrid against your A4 and A5 , actually I want to get an idea about the SD7+ sound quality , thanks,

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #34,980 of 101,278
I was about to call you here peter , may you please share your thoughts about your SD7 hybrid against your A4 and A5 , actually I want to get an idea about the SD7+ sound quality , thanks,

Before I got the A5 I told someone that LZ better step it up with them because the SD7 hybrid was getting awfawfu close to the A4 (I can easily imaimag some people preferring the SD7 over the A4 although my preferences are still more towards the A4). To me LZ came through with the A5, it best both the A4 and the SD7 hybrid imo. Please note that I haven't sat down and done a detailed three way comparison yet but these are the onlo three IEM's I've used the last 7-10 days.

Sound quality and ergonomics are both top notch with the A5 to me but that's with another cable than the stock one (the memory wire just does does work for me) and accessories are not exactly class leading for the price. The SD7 does also isolate quite a bit better. I'll definitely be doing a thorough comparison in my A5 review but I'll be in Germany on a business trip next week so it'll probably be a couple of weeks before it's up.....

Edit: please remember that my SD7 are the hybrid version. I've already got the SA6, B400 and not the least the Big Dipper as multi BAs so it's not likely that I'll pick up the plus version.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back