The discovery thread!
Jan 21, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #34,951 of 100,840
Trying the LZ A5 with the Oriveti Primacy silver-plated copper cable. Wow! Using the red filters, and there's even more clarity and balance. The sub bass is tamed a bit this way too. So this earphone performs even better with an upgrade cable as I had hoped.
I was really looking forward to this.. maybe will have to wait for the A6, meanwhile the IT04 will be out some time soon. Btw is the sub bass rumble present with authority?

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #34,952 of 100,840
I was really looking forward to this.. maybe will have to wait for the A6, meanwhile the IT04 will be out some time soon. Btw is the sub bass rumble present with authority?
Dear Lord yes! The sub bass is very authoritative in these earphones. Treble is as bright as can be without being harsh to the ears. I just switched back to the black filters (using JVC spiral dots tips). Sublime sound. The mid-range is nice and wide too.

Jan 22, 2018 at 6:39 AM Post #34,953 of 100,840
Jan 22, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #34,954 of 100,840
Jan 22, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #34,955 of 100,840
Jan 22, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #34,956 of 100,840
Jan 22, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #34,957 of 100,840
One of those things about getting older that sucks...

Jan 22, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #34,958 of 100,840
So it took 4 weeks or so but it seems I will get my Rhythmos SD7 plus today. Will post some thoughts when I get them and compare them with my SD7 hybrids. Should be interesting.
HTB1d_7ldgfH8KJjy1zcq6ATzpXaI.jpg

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #34,959 of 100,840
Well I gotta say fellas. My intuition was right on this one. Out of the box these things have a smoothness, slightly warm tilt to the tuning. Clarity and details just pop. Low end is very musical with a full bloom for bass. I want to say the bass is definitely elevated yet tight on these will have to see if the bass changes a bit with burn in. No weakness limp noodle BA bass going on here. That layering of sound I loved about the SD7 hybrid is there but these sound a bit more refined out of the box. Gonna have to burn these in real good and compare them to the SD7 hybrid but I want to say for an all BA earphone. Never heard such authority in the bass region since listening to Final Audio stuff back in the days.

I don't remember the SD7 hybrids sounding this mature out of the box. I know the sound of these will expand and get better as they burn in but they sound stupid nice right out of the box. Love that they tuned these things to have fullness. They have a very layered musical sound to them and that depth of sound is unreal. Treble is smooth and non sibilant. I want to say slightly less elevated vs the SD7 hybrids. Vocals sound sublime out of the box. These things sound great. If the sound of these things expand more so after some burn in. Holy smokes and this is from single ended sound. These look sexy in all shiny black with the word Rhythmos in chrome. I payed a total of $166 for these shipped to my door. Bangin Bargain! More to come.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 11:04 PM Post #34,960 of 100,840
Very unique tuning. Not a V shaped but actually has a mid forward signature with excellent bass end solid extension in both ends. Vocals sound amazing on these. Clarity, detail, imagery. My goodness. I know I haven't owned too many all BA earphones but these are by far the best sounding all BA earphones I have ever heard. All encompassing dimensional sound and no balanced source needed. Whomever is at the helm tuning these things in China is a vocal lover but loves that bass rumble to go with it. Lol. No weird treble spike to deal with either.

I can't stop listening to these things!

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #34,961 of 100,840
DS, DS, DS.... Puh-leeeze, my wallet is shaking in anticipation of what's to come...

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #34,962 of 100,840
Very unique tuning. Not a V shaped but actually has a mid forward signature with excellent bass end solid extension in both ends. Vocals sound amazing on these. Clarity, detail, imagery. My goodness. I know I haven't owned too many all BA earphones but these are by far the best sounding all BA earphones I have ever heard. All encompassing dimensional sound and no balanced source needed. Whomever is at the helm tuning these things in China is a vocal lover but loves that bass rumble to go with it. Lol. No weird treble spike to deal with either.

I can't stop listening to these things!
Have the IT01's in transit and would love a comparison at some point with the SD7+ BAs. Have they given more details re: the BAs used etc.?

Jan 23, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #34,963 of 100,840
All in due time my friend. The IT01 is enjoyable for certain and I have them on a weekly rotation with the others but thus far what I am hearing on the Rhythmos SD7 plus is a much more refined experience and is playing on a higher tier of sound. People that love a 3D presentation in their sounds would love the SD7 plus. I am talking about dweaver.

IT01 for single dynamic is clearly done right and it is one of my favorites. I am gonna have to compare bass against these SD7 plus but subbass rumble is unheard of from a BA earphone on these. It is the very definition of high end bass using BAs. I am gonna let them run in a bit before posting any more thoughts on them as the sound can only get better from here. But it is very difficult to figure out what earphone I have heard in the past that comes close to this level of sonics for this price. Let me put it this way. I have my ATH-IM03 with balanced cable I also have in rotation. Those are one of my favorite earphones I own and cost me $450 plus including the 16 core hybrid balanced cable I spent on them. This Rhtymos SD7 plus has more layering and deptha better more fuller 3D sound with even better bass and this is in single end. Out of the box. Lol. It is crazy!

We are talking a new level of bang for dollar here.

As per the BAs used. I will message a few vendors from Aliexpress and do some digging. I am curious myself. These sound way too nice to be using your garden variety of BAs.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #34,964 of 100,840
All in due time my friend. The IT01 is enjoyable for certain and I have them on a weekly rotation with the others but thus far what I am hearing on the Rhythmos SD7 plus is a much more refined experience and is playing on a higher tier of sound. People that love a 3D presentation in their sounds would love the SD7 plus. I am talking about dweaver.

IT01 for single dynamic is clearly done right and it is one of my favorites. I am gonna have to compare bass against these SD7 plus but subbass rumble is unheard of from a BA earphone on these. It is the very definition of high end bass using BAs. I am gonna let them run in a bit before posting any more thoughts on them as the sound can only get better from here. But it is very difficult to figure out what earphone I have heard in the past that comes close to this level of sonics for this price. Let me put it this way. I have my ATH-IM03 with balanced cable I also have in rotation. Those are one of my favorite earphones I own and cost me $450 plus including the 16 core hybrid balanced cable I spent on them. This Rhtymos SD7 plus has more layering and deptha better more fuller 3D sound with even better bass and this is in single end. Out of the box. Lol. It is crazy!

We are talking a new level of bang for dollar here.

As per the BAs used. I will message a few vendors from Aliexpress and do some digging. I am curious myself. These sound way too nice to be using your garden variety of BAs.
wow, it's sounds really interesting/exciting , do you have or audition the LZ A4,? can you please compare these with A4 or any other mid-tier/famous iem , i just want to get an idea how good these are , thanks,

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #34,965 of 100,840
I think Peter123 can do that for you. He owns LZ A4 and the hybrid version but not this particular one. The SQ is not far off of the hybrid model but has some unexpected surprises in the way of a full bored bass end with legit rumble for sub bass. I will do an A/B comparison once I get them fully burned in to do a more in depth comparison but for now I am amazed at how good these things sound. Never had the LZ A4 myself but I can just go by what I have been hearing from these revision of the SD7. I know the saying these are punching above their price has been over used but again I am trying to figure out what level of sound performance I am hearing from these SD7 plus. It certainly is not in the price category I bought them at that is for certain.

In fact someone show me another 7 BA earphone for $166. I know more drivers don't necessarily mean better tuning but in this case. The added depth with layers of imagery and how vocals pop out with excellent height of sound I can only guess is due to all the BAs firing off at once. It is quite spectacular sounding. Different from your stanadard stereo sound.

They sound like the 3D switch is on from my ICAN but this is in single ended sound. They sound like a good balanced out sound but again in single end. Perhaps the most dimensional sounding earphones I have heard from the stock tuning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back