The discovery thread!
Dec 21, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #34,666 of 101,459
Early impressions of the Whizzer Haydn A15 Pro are legit good. They retain the excellent and airy treble of the original and the bass is now way more controlled with none of the bloat found in the A15. They've got loads of detail and a very clean and crisp overall sound. They're still a little finicky with fit - I think it's the angle of the MMCX connectors so I'll try with a different cable later. Really liking these so far!

DSC_0762[1].jpg

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #34,667 of 101,459
Early impressions of the Whizzer Haydn A15 Pro are legit good. They retain the excellent and airy treble of the original and the bass is now way more controlled with none of the bloat found in the A15. They've got loads of detail and a very clean and crisp overall sound. They're still a little finicky with fit - I think it's the angle of the MMCX connectors so I'll try with a different cable later. Really liking these so far!

If the cables are anything like the original, the first thing i would urge you to do is change the cable and use one preferably without the ear guides. I have the A15 and the fit is essential for them to sound right. When you say the bass is controlled, does it mean it still has the bass rumble and a visceral feel when required by a track? As a matter of fact i am listening to them on Sony zx300 balanced and they do indeed have excellent detail and clarity despite the bass.

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #34,668 of 101,459
If the cables are anything like the original, the first thing i would urge you to do is change the cable and use one preferably without the ear guides. I have the A15 and the fit is essential for them to sound right. When you say the bass is controlled, does it mean it still has the bass rumble and a visceral feel when required by a track? As a matter of fact i am listening to them on Sony zx300 balanced and they do indeed have excellent detail and clarity despite the bass.
Bass is actually a lot closer to neutral on the Haydn, similar to the TinAudio T2. Sub-bass extends better than the T2 but isn't as pronounced from memory (I've misplaced my T2 somewhere in the house so can't A/B at the moment).

The cable is similar to the original but now instead of the silly piano wire they had before these ear guides are very supple, similar to the DUNU BK3001 cable but even more pliable than that. I ripped the cable off the original after 5 minutes because it was horrible. This new one I'd be happy to use all day. Just like the original A15 the MMCX connectors are better than average. They do spin a bit freely but they're very easy to disconnect and still have a nice, solid click.

Dec 21, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #34,669 of 101,459
We all know how beautifully the DK3001 fit :wink:
Thank god they did that with the wire. i agree the mmcx connections are pretty robust. Have been serving me well till now. I was looking for a dynamic driver with slightly less bass and over all same sound as the A15. I am yet to find something. If you have some suggestions they would be very welcome. The low end rumble and the visceral feel is something i cant do without.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #34,670 of 101,459
We all know how beautifully the DK3001 fit :wink:
Thank god they did that with the wire. i agree the mmcx connections are pretty robust. Have been serving me well till now. I was looking for a dynamic driver with slightly less bass and over all same sound as the A15. I am yet to find something. If you have some suggestions they would be very welcome. The low end rumble and the visceral feel is something i cant do without.
The Veedix NC50 comes to mind. It doesn't really have less bass but it's much punchier and more controlled. Actually I think one that would really fit the bill is the TFZ Balance 2 - one of the most underappreciated IEMs of recent times IMO.

Dec 21, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #34,671 of 101,459
The Veedix NC50 comes to mind. It doesn't really have less bass but it's much punchier and more controlled. Actually I think one that would really fit the bill is the TFZ Balance 2 - one of the most underappreciated IEMs of recent times IMO.
Thank you for the suggestion. If i may just add, with the 4.4 balanced connection the bass is much much more controlled IMO.

Dec 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #34,674 of 101,459

How about the mid range/vocals and soundstage ,

Dec 21, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #34,678 of 101,459
How about the mid range/vocals and soundstage ,
Midrange is thinner than the original A15 as there isn't any of that bass bleed present anymore. It has a clean sounding midrange which is probably why I'm hearing so much detail. Soundstage is good, partly due to the crisp signature and airy treble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back