The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 23, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #7,186 of 9,815
Both companies are NY camera companies turned electronics stores. B&H and Buydig. Although B&H is known to have great service and not be involved in bait and switch type marketing, it is something that agencies have had to crack down on whereby specifically companies in New York advertise camera's for a super large discount. Then you buy and they send an email that you need to call in to "verify" your order. Once you do so they proceed to tell you the batteries are not included, the charger is not included, the box is not included, and try to sell you these items until the price get's up to a level they will make a profit. If you don't fall for it, your item goes on "backorder" until you cancel or the item actually does eventually drop that low.

Anyway all I am saying is this could be the latest cheap advertising ploy to gain attention for your website. That BuyDig deal was posed all over here and all over slick deals and many other places. Its actually cheap advertising if you look at it. I'm not sure though how they plan on getting around 200+ negative feedbacks on ebay. Maybe they convince ebay to cancel everything and prevent feedback? IDK.

Just my thoughts.

Nov 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #7,187 of 9,815
Quote:
Looks like a lot of the deals from last night have soured or expired since I've been gone.
Took a hit on those since refunds need time to get through the bank.

Anyways, MrSpeakers is offering two offers on his Mad Dogs w/ Dog Pads (modded Fostex T50RP).

1. USA purchasers will get a HDTracks gift certificate for $20 with every unit purchased, no coupon needed.  Certificate will be sent after the return period
  2. Global (outside USA) users get free USPS Priority shipping using the coupon FreeInt

Ordered a pair the second I received that email. Take off 40 bucks in shipping is a pretty damn good deal.

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #7,188 of 9,815
Quote:
Both companies are NY camera companies turned electronics stores. B&H and Buydig. Although B&H is known to have great service and not be involved in bait and switch type marketing, it is something that agencies have had to crack down on whereby specifically companies in New York advertise camera's for a super large discount. Then you buy and they send an email that you need to call in to "verify" your order. Once you do so they proceed to tell you the batteries are not included, the charger is not included, the box is not included, and try to sell you these items until the price get's up to a level they will make a profit. If you don't fall for it, your item goes on "backorder" until you cancel or the item actually does eventually drop that low.
Anyway all I am saying is this could be the latest cheap advertising ploy to gain attention for your website. That BuyDig deal was posed all over here and all over slick deals and many other places. Its actually cheap advertising if you look at it. I'm not sure though how they plan on getting around 200+ negative feedbacks on ebay. Maybe they convince ebay to cancel everything and prevent feedback? IDK.
Just my thoughts.

Pretty sure that you can leave feedback even after both parties have cancelled the transaction. The fact that they posted the same deal twice is very suspicious when they're claiming that it was a typing error. It would be interesting if a large percentage of the 440 or so orders they cancelled left negative feedback for their stunt; I doubt we'd see that selling tactic on ebay again.

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #7,189 of 9,815
Has anyone successfully bought anything from DAKmart lately?

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #7,192 of 9,815
people you can actualy get a pair of HD650 for 375 USD + (50 bucks coupon code from http://www.soundearphones.com), you need to buy the 500 USD gift coupon and apply the promo code ( GIFTCARD25 ) the gift card with the promo code will cost 375 USD and the Hd 650 should cost 500 bucks on Soundearphones.

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #7,194 of 9,815
Quote:
people you can actualy get a pair of HD650 for 375 USD + (50 bucks coupon code from http://www.soundearphones.com), you need to buy the 500 USD gift coupon and apply the promo code ( GIFTCARD25 ) the gift card with the promo code will cost 375 USD and the Hd 650 should cost 500 bucks on Soundearphones.

Can't believe sennheiser did such a lockdown on these headphone's price. At the $500 price point, there are a lot of other headphones that should give it plenty of competition. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #7,196 of 9,815
Can't believe sennheiser did such a lockdown on these headphone's price. At the $500 price point, there are a lot of other headphones that should give it plenty of competition. 

Funny I was thinking the exact same thing and that I bet a lot of retailers are steaming mad after Senny killed any discounting then turns around and marks them down $200 direct on a coupon.

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #7,197 of 9,815
Quote:
Both companies are NY camera companies turned electronics stores. B&H and Buydig. Although B&H is known to have great service and not be involved in bait and switch type marketing, it is something that agencies have had to crack down on whereby specifically companies in New York advertise camera's for a super large discount.

+1: Caveat emptor.

Quite a few Manhattan-based camera stores are grey-market importers with no ethics. They also prey on tourists on and near Times Square.

B&H and J&R are completely legitimate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back