The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #7,156 of 9,815
Quote:
Hmm, I ordered the AD900s from eBay and received this message:
Dear Valued Customer:
Thank you for shopping at buydig.com, we truly appreciate your business.
We're sorry to inform you that the item you ordered unfortunately had a typographical error of incorrect pricing.
Because of the error, we must cancel the affected items on your order. If you had other items on your order that were not included in the pricing error, they will not be affected. Be assured that your account will not be charged for the canceled item(s), or that you will receive an appropriate credit or refund promptly, if due.
While we do our best to ensure our prices and promotions are accurate, errors do occasionally occur, and we reserve the right to correct those errors even after an order has been placed. Please see our Pricing Policy for additional information.
We hope you'll accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this error has caused, and we'd like to offer you Free Shipping on your next buydig order. Simply call our 1-800-617-4686 number to place the order with the order dept Ext.1 and use the promotion code TYPO to take advantage of Free Shipping on your next order. Your promotion code is valid for 60 Days. If you have any further questions please contact our customer service department.
But I went to my PayPal account as well as eBay and they hadn't refunded it there.
Also, everyone talking about tax: it also probably depends on what state you're in too as to what gets taxed online and what doesn't.

The 5 year old in me wishes that somehow they'd refuse shipment of them to the flippers and send a mass email, while sending them to the people that only bought one or two anyway, but life is cruel. 
frown.gif

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #7,157 of 9,815
Quote:

What tax?

Subtotal:                $340.00
Discount: $169.70
Shipping and handling:   $0.00
Total:                   $340.00

My order went through for $340 total.

where do you live? I live in NC and I got taxed. Still a great deal, I'm not too hurt about it...

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #7,158 of 9,815
The 5 year old in me wishes that somehow they'd refuse shipment of them to the flippers and send a mass email, while sending them to the people that only bought one or two anyway, but life is cruel. :frowning2:

Yeah, but if you're going to send out that mass email, at LEAST be ready to immediately cancel the transaction on PayPal/eBay!
Maybe someone has to cancel each transaction manually? 446 units... Probably a few hundred orders... I think it would be proper karma if they had to refund all those orders manually :D

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #7,160 of 9,815
Headroom is offering the HeadCase Bag w/ Shoulder Strap for $15:

http://www.headphone.com/accessories/carrying-cases/headcase-bag-w-shoulder-strap.php?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Black+Friday+Mail&utm_content=Black+Friday+Mail+CID_7b610f52f051ef7985fa866d25b3e58a&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #7,161 of 9,815
The 5 year old in me wishes that somehow they'd refuse shipment of them to the flippers and send a mass email, while sending them to the people that only bought one or two anyway, but life is cruel. :frowning2:

Well sir when I first heard of cancellations I thought the same thing but it was from experience with buydig. There are a lot of people where I work and someone was really wanting some ANC headphones for all the travel. I tipped them off to a "$300" set of ANC HP's on sale at BuyDig for $60. They got one then a bunch of other people did too. I even picked up a pair. But some guys purchased 3 or 4 of them and all those orders came back cancelled.

I was hoping the posts of cancellations on the AT were just that until I got my email. This seems different but yes it is kinda odd that the timing fell right now. It could have been a trick to gain attention for their website for the holiday.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #7,162 of 9,815
Quote:
Headroom is offering the HeadCase Bag w/ Shoulder Strap for $15:
http://www.headphone.com/accessories/carrying-cases/headcase-bag-w-shoulder-strap.php?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Black+Friday+Mail&utm_content=Black+Friday+Mail+CID_7b610f52f051ef7985fa866d25b3e58a&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software

$21 after Shipping.

Nice looking bag though.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #7,163 of 9,815
Quote:
If one has the HD600, is it worth owning the HD650 as well? Most people sell off the one they find redundant, right?

Its usually one or the other, but the beauty of owning either is that you can purchase replacement drivers from Sennheiser for ~$100-$130, instantly transforming your 600's to 650's. If I correctly recall, the HD600 drivers are closer to the $130 mark

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #7,164 of 9,815
I was hoping the posts of cancellations on the AT were just that until I got my email. This seems different but yes it is kinda odd that the timing fell right now. It could have been a trick to gain attention for their website for the holiday.

Bummer man! I was hoping for your impressions too.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #7,165 of 9,815
^ I was looking forward to my impressions too buddy :beyersmile: real bummer

I'm still wanting to find the UE6000 for 30 to 50% off retail if any of you deal snoopers watching find one... stick it up here. I'll do that one too. I really liked that HP when I got the chance to try it.

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #7,166 of 9,815
Kinda surprised at how many people are looking for deals on the HiFiMan headphones, didn't know they were that popular.

In any case, maybe not the deal most people would like, but HeadAmp (headamp.com) has a free next-day shipping deal on them:

Quote:
[size=x-small]From November 23 thru November 28, we are offering FREE next day shipping by FedEx for all Audeze, HiFiMAN, and STAX headphone orders.  Orders placed before 4PM EST should ship the same day.  We are also offering the free shipping on our Pico portable Amps & DACs, which will ship the same or next day.  Just enter discount code "NEXTDAY" in the shopping cart.  International orders will receive free standard shipping.[/size]

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #7,167 of 9,815
^ I was looking forward to my impressions too buddy :beyersmile: real bummer
I'm still wanting to find the UE6000 for 30 to 50% off retail if any of you deal snoopers watching find one... stick it up here. I'll do that one too. I really liked that HP when I got the chance to try it.

Not on sale, but u can demo ue6000 at best buy. I felt its noise cancelling to be underwhelming. And best buy locks the and power at always on, so can't tell how or if it plays without battery...

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #7,168 of 9,815
Anyone know if I can use the opportunity today to get a good deal on a cable for Sennheiser HD25 anywhere? Not really looking for anything fancy, but the Sennheiser site just redirects me, probably 'cause I'm in Europe, so that's out.
Sorry if I'm using this thread incorrectly, maybe I should make my own in the cable department or something?

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:41 PM Post #7,169 of 9,815
Not on sale, but u can demo ue6000 at best buy. I felt its noise cancelling to be underwhelming. And best buy locks the and power at always on, so can't tell how or if it plays without battery...

Thanks. Yes I said I have heard them and liked them. Just not enough to dish out full retail for them. I would grab them on a good sale. Hopefully people reading this are better Black Friday deal hunters than I and can give me a heads up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back