The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #7,141 of 9,815
Quote:
Best so far, I would say the HD650 deal for $340 w/ a $50 itunes gift card. I already own a pair and i'm tempted to buy another. lol.

I'll have to say that the tax from Sennheiser hurts the deal a little bit. Between that and not liking itunes bit rate, I'd sooner buy a $500 gift card from sound earphones, get a HD650 for $375 and overnight shipping...

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #7,143 of 9,815
Quote:
Quote:
Best so far, I would say the HD650 deal for $340 w/ a $50 itunes gift card. I already own a pair and i'm tempted to buy another. lol.

I'll have to say that the tax from Sennheiser hurts the deal a little bit. Between that and not liking itunes bit rate, I'd sooner buy a $500 gift card from sound earphones, get a HD650 for $375 and overnight shipping...

I dunno! The $50 itunes gift card helps ease the tax quite a bit. hehe.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #7,145 of 9,815
Quote:
Just got done "chatting" with a live rep from Soundearphones and he stated that the largest amount they will currently sell for gift cards is $500. They will not make gift cards for custom amounts and they will not stack them. I have to say they move fast when it comes to changing their terms.

I don't think they changed their terms. 

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #7,146 of 9,815
Quote:

What tax?

Subtotal:                $340.00
Discount: $169.70
Shipping and handling:   $0.00
Total:                   $340.00

My order went through for $340 total.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #7,147 of 9,815
It's gone live people

Heir Audio has put their 4A custom on sale at 40% discount which works out to $419.00. The 8A is also on discount at 25% off which works out to $975. Considering all the other BF sales hate Canadian consumerism I'm impressed China based Heir Audio came up with such a nice sale that's open to absolutely everyone. Two thumbs up towards China for being so liberally minded and a big BOO goes out to the Yankee Red Hoard for keeping the sweet deals to themselves.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #7,148 of 9,815
Quote:
It's gone live people

Heir Audio has put their 4A custom on sale at 40% discount which works out to $419.00. The 8A is also on discount at 25% off which works out to $975. Considering all the other BF sales hate Canadian consumerism I'm impressed China based Heir Audio came up with such a nice sale that's open to absolutely everyone. Two thumbs up towards China for being so liberally minded and a big BOO goes out to the Yankee Red Hoard for keeping the sweet deals to themselves.

Wow, great prices. Too bad i'm not into high end IEM's (mostly scared due to their durability)

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #7,150 of 9,815
Quote:
It's gone live people

Yeah but.. $55 shipping fee + customs fee. I don't understand why they insist on charging such high rates instead of using epacket shipping or something. There's no way a set of ciems weighs over 4.4 kg.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #7,151 of 9,815
Quote:
That HD650 deal is so tempting.  Still debating whether I can justify spending that much right now though.  Has anyone seen them that low in the past?

not for brand spankin' new...way I look at it, I'll also sell the iTunes card for cash making it closer to $300 after tax for a new HD650
cool.gif

Quote:

tax for me was $23. Like I said, sell the iTunes card for cash, takes care of tax plus gives you another 27 bucks in the pocket...

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #7,152 of 9,815
Quote:
hm..... maybe. check camelcamelcamel.com but still a pretty good deal. also, the T1's are hovering around 950 right now. i wish i could buy them, but i don't have a job(only 13 years old
triportsad.gif
)

Have you tried selling your parents? It's important to keep your priorities straight!

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #7,153 of 9,815
Hmm, I ordered the AD900s from eBay and received this message:
Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for shopping at buydig.com, we truly appreciate your business.

We're sorry to inform you that the item you ordered unfortunately had a typographical error of incorrect pricing.
Because of the error, we must cancel the affected items on your order. If you had other items on your order that were not included in the pricing error, they will not be affected. Be assured that your account will not be charged for the canceled item(s), or that you will receive an appropriate credit or refund promptly, if due.
While we do our best to ensure our prices and promotions are accurate, errors do occasionally occur, and we reserve the right to correct those errors even after an order has been placed. Please see our Pricing Policy for additional information.

We hope you'll accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this error has caused, and we'd like to offer you Free Shipping on your next buydig order. Simply call our 1-800-617-4686 number to place the order with the order dept Ext.1 and use the promotion code TYPO to take advantage of Free Shipping on your next order. Your promotion code is valid for 60 Days. If you have any further questions please contact our customer service department.
But I went to my PayPal account as well as eBay and they hadn't refunded it there.
Also, everyone talking about tax: it also probably depends on what state you're in too as to what gets taxed online and what doesn't.

Nov 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #7,155 of 9,815
Quote:
Hmm, I ordered the AD900s from eBay and received this message:
Dear Valued Customer:
Thank you for shopping at buydig.com, we truly appreciate your business.
We're sorry to inform you that the item you ordered unfortunately had a typographical error of incorrect pricing.
Because of the error, we must cancel the affected items on your order. If you had other items on your order that were not included in the pricing error, they will not be affected. Be assured that your account will not be charged for the canceled item(s), or that you will receive an appropriate credit or refund promptly, if due.
While we do our best to ensure our prices and promotions are accurate, errors do occasionally occur, and we reserve the right to correct those errors even after an order has been placed. Please see our Pricing Policy for additional information.
We hope you'll accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this error has caused, and we'd like to offer you Free Shipping on your next buydig order. Simply call our 1-800-617-4686 number to place the order with the order dept Ext.1 and use the promotion code TYPO to take advantage of Free Shipping on your next order. Your promotion code is valid for 60 Days. If you have any further questions please contact our customer service department.
But I went to my PayPal account as well as eBay and they hadn't refunded it there.
Also, everyone talking about tax: it also probably depends on what state you're in too as to what gets taxed online and what doesn't.

Hmm, the free shipping bit kind of sounds like a marketing ploy to get people to order other stuff from them. Probably was their plan all along!
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back