The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 8, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #6,496 of 9,815
Quote:
You could always inquire with them to see if they have any amps or DACs that may have been returned. I'm not sure what their B-Stock policy is, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

I often wondered what they would do with the returns, because they do get a handful. I just don't see any reason for them to have discounts at this point though. They are having a hard time keeping up with demand, no reason to try and increase it.

Nov 9, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #6,498 of 9,815
If you're looking to spend a bit less than the M50 on a competitive sealed portable, you might still find a DR-ZX701iP at a Staples.  I was taken aback when it rung up at $14.50+tax today!  I think 90% off counts as a deal:

BTW if you're in the Seattle area, don't bother going to the two in Kent or Renton - the staff were nice enough to search all their back rooms.  Out of 5 reportedly in stock at those stores, I got the only one they could find.  At $14.50 I would have bought them all!  There's still hope in Puyallup and Bothell though!
PS. you guys pay high sales tax in Kent!

Nov 9, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #6,499 of 9,815
Quote:
You could always inquire with them to see if they have any amps or DACs that may have been returned. I'm not sure what their B-Stock policy is, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Quote:
I often wondered what they would do with the returns, because they do get a handful. I just don't see any reason for them to have discounts at this point though. They are having a hard time keeping up with demand, no reason to try and increase it.

I emailed them about B-Stock.

1.) I emailed them at 9:45pm and got a response at 11:11pm

Seriously? I've NEVER gotten such a fast response at this time of day. It's like they want to beat the schitt out of their customers with great customer service. I was stuck choosing between a few models but now I know I'll be getting a Schiit amp.

2.) This is the reply I got:

Yep, Lyrs, Valhallas, Asgards, Bifrosts, 1 Mjolnir, 1 Gungnir--let us know what you want, and we can send you a request for payment. Mjolnir and Gungnir are $80 off retail, all others are $50 off retail.

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder

http://www.schiit.com
(323) 230-0079

I sent them an inquiry for a Valhalla about condition and warranty information. I'll add it once I get a response to that.

Edit: They haven't replied yet but I did some searching and found a post from 2 years ago.

- No 15 day return policy but the 5 year warranty applies. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #6,503 of 9,815
Sony XB800 on sale at Fiture Shop for $99 right now.

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #6,504 of 9,815
Anybody know if EarphoneSolutions will be having a 30% sale for Black Friday?

Nov 9, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #6,505 of 9,815
Quote:
Anybody know if EarphoneSolutions will be having a 30% sale for Black Friday?

Don't the sales at EarphoneSolutions usually exclude Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, and Grado?
To me that usually means the sale is only on Shures and Westones. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #6,507 of 9,815
Amazon, used Beyerdynamic DT990 600-ohm headphones, $188.27
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0024NK34O/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&colid=2MOLN1AV11M0&coliid=I176RCY7Y1653U&condition=used

Edit, just ordered me a pair, only 4 left.

Nov 9, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #6,508 of 9,815
I just wanted to mention I am on my second refurb'd Sansa Clip+ 4gb from Newegg.  The first one held a 4-5 hour charge, tops (the advertise 15 hrs).  The second one does not recognize microSD cards.  This is obviously unacceptable.  

I brought up the fact that the refurbs have bad reviews in this thread before I bought it, but was pretty much blown off, with stuff such as "only people with bad experiences write reviews", or "its fine I have a lot of refurb products", etc.  I responded that newegg usually has pretty fair reviews, but that fell on deaf ears.  

Anyway, I just RMA'd this again, they gave me a refund, which is cool.  I will buy a non-refurb, its a great device.  I would *highly* recommend that people do not buy the refurb Sansa Clip+'s, and spend the extra 8 bucks for a non-refurb.  I would have happily done the same, but for some reason the first time I was buying they were above 40 bucks, which seemed to be an anomaly, but I didnt want to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back