The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Oct 5, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #6,047 of 9,815

[size=1.7em] Creative Aurvana Live Headphones  $76.85 Third party seller fulfilled by  Amazon. Free shippping.  Haven't seen these on sale for a while. Pretty much the same as the d1000 from  Denon [/size]

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #6,048 of 9,815
Quote:

[size=1.7em] Creative Aurvana Live Headphones  $76.85 Third party seller fulfilled by  Amazon. Free shippping.  Haven't seen these on sale for a while. Pretty much the same as the d1000 from  Denon [/size]

That's actually from Amazon, though it looks like it took some 3rd party sellers showing up to get Amazon to lower the price. 

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #6,049 of 9,815
Quote:
The only time I receive decent service from TD, is when I'm paying retail for an item
rolleyes.gif

While they "cant" cancel an item in processing, they can leave notes on your account for the shipping department. Also, let them know you will be refusing the package if it arrives to your house, on account that you wont receive the items by the desired time(occasionally, this is enough for them to make the effort to close the order). I havent been asessed a restocking fee for merchendise refusal, although I make it a point to warn them before the shipment goes out; if you are, make sure you have atleast established with them that their speed of service is unsatisfactory, and they will usually waive it.. otherwise, theres always opening a credit card dispute
biggrin.gif

I still want the items I ordered, I just tried to cancel because I paid for faster shipping and they took 10+ days to even finish processing the order (by the way, their explanation for why I couldn't cancel was "due to our extremely rapid processing model").

I'm really dreading redeeming the rebates I got with them. If just getting them to ship the items took 20 emails/10 phone calls then I imagine a rebate redemption will land us in the supreme court.

Live and learn. For all you dealsters upgrading your audio PCs I highly recommend New Egg over Tiger Direct.

Oct 5, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #6,050 of 9,815
Quote:
I still want the items I ordered, I just tried to cancel because I paid for faster shipping and they took 10+ days to even finish processing the order (by the way, their explanation for why I couldn't cancel was "due to our extremely rapid processing model").

I'm really dreading redeeming the rebates I got with them. If just getting them to ship the items took 20 emails/10 phone calls then I imagine a rebate redemption will land us in the supreme court.

Live and learn. For all you dealsters upgrading your audio PCs I highly recommend New Egg over Tiger Direct.

Ordered my entire PC 3 years from newegg and used MyUS to ship it to the land of the vuvuzela. Saved me about 35% on local retail (including shipping cots) so it was quite sweet. 

Service was perfect. No hiccups.

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #6,054 of 9,815
Profiled

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #6,055 of 9,815
Quote:
That's actually from Amazon, though it looks like it took some 3rd party sellers showing up to get Amazon to lower the price. 

Its great that Amazon price matched  but, it  was a third party seller fulfilled by Amazon when I put up the post. I would buy the Creative Aurvana Live HP's at this price if I didn't have them.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #6,056 of 9,815
VMinnovations HD650 refurbished is currently out of stock http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_14573/Sennheiser-HD650-Open-Air-Dynamic-Audiophile-Headphone-Refurbished-.html but I just got my pair and I'm very impressed. Not a scratch on them! The outer cardboard box isn't pretty but everything else is in stellar condition! If you're looking for a pair cheap, I'd refresh that page every day or so!

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #6,057 of 9,815
Quote:
VMinnovations HD650 refurbished is currently out of stock http://www.vminnovations.com/Product_14573/Sennheiser-HD650-Open-Air-Dynamic-Audiophile-Headphone-Refurbished-.html but I just got my pair and I'm very impressed. Not a scratch on them! The outer cardboard box isn't pretty but everything else is in stellar condition! If you're looking for a pair cheap, I'd refresh that page every day or so!

+1 

Mine arrived too, they look new and did not find any finger prints either....my 6 months lookout for HD650 deal finally ended in a good note, I got a new one cheaper than used pairs.
only setback is 90 warranty  

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #6,058 of 9,815
Quote:

+1 

Mine arrived too, they look new and did not find any finger prints either....my 6 months lookout for HD650 deal finally ended in a good note, I got a new one cheaper than used pairs.
only setback is 90 warranty  

Yeah, that was tough to swallow. But saving over $100... I'm thinking they won't break in two years. I really hear of very, very few repair issues with the HD6**s.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #6,059 of 9,815
Quote:

Pretty good deal; thats right around the cost it takes to build one yourself
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #6,060 of 9,815
Quote:
Pretty good deal; thats right around the cost it takes to build one yourself
biggrin.gif

Although that is a great price, that's definitely not the cost to build. If you look at the cost to the resellers for headphones they are really close to about half the msrp. I believe the HD650 are a little lower close to $300. The actual cost to design, build, package and ship is under half of those cost at around $150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back