The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Oct 4, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #6,033 of 9,815
First post, but wanted to give a heads up that I just ordered V-moda m80s (shadow) from amazon warehouse deals for 123 + prime shipping. Item condition says "Like New" and also "item may come repackaged."  This is backordered till Oct 12, but this seems like the best deal for these I've seen if the condition is true.

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:37 PM Post #6,034 of 9,815
Quote:
Doh! That didn't last long. Coupon code no longer works... Must have been fixed.

Quote:
This list of excluded Sennheiser products has been on their site for at least the last few months. It's what I'd expect from an authorized dealer.

Yup- and that's why it has been fixed; it was a mistake.  Luckily RD was kind and honorable enough to honor the price I checked out with.  Gotta really like these guys!  Even before this purchase, they've always been incredibly fast with email responses and shipping.  Both of my orders with them were shipped out less than 12 hours after I placed them.  Plus, now that Amazon tacks on sales tax in California...

Oct 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #6,038 of 9,815
Quote:
Uh oh..... Looks like i gotta bout a 50% chance mine will be golden per those reviews.......... Fingers crosssed.

I bought a clip+ about 1 1/2 years ago from newegg and mine has been fine. I think you are more inclined to write a review if you have an overwhelmingly good/bad experience so the average which explains why the results are so polarizing. It doesn't account for the average user experience though

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #6,039 of 9,815
I bought a clip+ about 1 1/2 years ago from newegg and mine has been fine. I think you are more inclined to write a review if you have an overwhelmingly good/bad experience so the average which explains why the results are so polarizing. It doesn't account for the average user experience though
Yea that makes a lot of sense. Feeling better now.. Sure it will be fine. Thanx for sharing that.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #6,040 of 9,815
Quote:
Heya,

SR850 deal is a no go. My order was canceled & refunded without issue.

Very best,

Wish I would've read this before I ordered mine.

My order was also canceled today.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #6,041 of 9,815
Quote:

While I would say thats obvious, I think newegg reviews are a pretty decent source to get a general idea of how the product is.  I suppose it will not stop me from buying a refurb though.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #6,042 of 9,815
One thing is for sure, Newegg > Tigerdirect.

I'm building a new computer and ordered 1/3 of the parts from Amazon, 1/3 from Tiger direct, 1/3 from Newegg to get the best prices and the Amazon and Newegg stuff has been sitting in my house for over a week while Tiger Direct customer service runs me in circles about why its too late to cancel my order despite most of the items being "in processing, not yet shipped".

Maybe I just have bad luck..

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #6,043 of 9,815
no... it's not just you...

Ive been using newegg for a while now and haven't ordered from tiger in years. I won't be making that mistake again for a while. In their defense I did end up with a 4 dollar 8GB microSD card for free because they said it would cost more to ship it than to just give it to me. But they said the Clip+ i ordered was in stock then turned around and said it was "backordered" Thats why I went to newegg.

Anyway I just ordered 16K worth of computer parts from newegg today for a project. Not a dime spent anywhere else. They are reliable.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #6,044 of 9,815
Sounds like Amazon and my Aphex Twin LPs. I pre-ordered them a week before release (they had just gone up on the site) and as soon as the release date hit they were both marked as 'Out of Stock' aka we'll ship it whenever we feel like it. 

Now every time I contact customer service to ask they say 'Well you ordered an Out of Stock item, what do you expect?' and I have to explain that I pre-ordered it. Why would I order and Out of Stock item? God. 

At least this most recent time they upgraded my shipping speed when they finally actually get the damn things in.

Quote:
no... it's not just you...
Ive been using newegg for a while now and haven't ordered from tiger in years. I won't be making that mistake again for a while. In their defense I did end up with a 4 dollar 8GB microSD card for free because they said it would cost more to ship it than to just give it to me. But they said the Clip+ i ordered was in stock then turned around and said it was "backordered" Thats why I went to newegg.
Anyway I just ordered 16K worth of computer parts from newegg today for a project. Not a dime spent anywhere else. They are reliable.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #6,045 of 9,815
Quote:
One thing is for sure, Newegg > Tigerdirect.

I'm building a new computer and ordered 1/3 of the parts from Amazon, 1/3 from Tiger direct, 1/3 from Newegg to get the best prices and the Amazon and Newegg stuff has been sitting in my house for over a week while Tiger Direct customer service runs me in circles about why its too late to cancel my order despite most of the items being "in processing, not yet shipped".

Maybe I just have bad luck..

The only time I receive decent service from TD, is when I'm paying retail for an item
rolleyes.gif

While they "cant" cancel an item in processing, they can leave notes on your account for the shipping department. Also, let them know you will be refusing the package if it arrives to your house, on account that you wont receive the items by the desired time(occasionally, this is enough for them to make the effort to close the order). I havent been asessed a restocking fee for merchendise refusal, although I make it a point to warn them before the shipment goes out; if you are, make sure you have atleast established with them that their speed of service is unsatisfactory, and they will usually waive it.. otherwise, theres always opening a credit card dispute
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back