The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Oct 2, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #5,973 of 9,815
My order was canceled as well. 
Here's the reply email they sent.

Hello -

Thank you for your email.

Last night, on October 1st, Best Buy staff inadvertantly listed one of our products incorrectly.  Essentially, a listing for a Samson SR850C Headphones was "merged" with a listing for the Samson HP10 Headphones.  While both are quality Samson products, the HP10 sells for less than $20 while the SR850C is typically offered for as much as $60.  

We became aware of the issue late Monday evening and worked frantically to contact our representatives at Best Buy and alert them to their mistake.  Unfortunately, they were unable to address the matter until early Tuesday morning.  Austin Bazaar is not able to modify or end listings on the Best Buy Marketplace without their support.

During that interim, a number of customers noted the offer on the marketplace and purchased the item.  I'm certain the prospect of such an incredible deal was hard to ignore.  

Unfortunately, due to Best Buy's error, Austin Bazaar is unable to fulfill these orders.  We have been in touch with our representatives at Best Buy and they have assured us that all customers affected by this mistake will receive a full refund as well as contact from a Best Buy representative regarding how they can work with you to resolve the matter in such a way that meets with your satisfaction.

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #5,974 of 9,815
Can anyone comment on a comparison of deals: Brainwavz HM3 for $38.50 at MP3Nation, vs. Koss TBSE1 for $49.99 at Tuesday Morning, vs. Sony MDR-ZX701IP for $39.50 at Staples. What's your 1-2-3 rank here? Thanks for any comments!

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #5,975 of 9,815
Quote:
Can anyone comment on a comparison of deals: Brainwavz HM3 for $38.50 at MP3Nation, vs. Koss TBSE1 for $49.99 at Tuesday Morning, vs. Sony MDR-ZX701IP for $39.50 at Staples. What's your 1-2-3 rank here? Thanks for any comments!

Screamin deals!

For the $130 I'd grab all three! 
biggrin.gif

And resell or gift which ones you dont like!

beerchug.gif

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #5,976 of 9,815
Quote:

If you don't need the headphone stand, then you probably should hold out on the HM3 seeing how it was $26 last week through Amazon. I tried my local staples and the Sony was out nowhere to be found. I stopped by a local TuesdayMorning store and they didn't have any of the Koss in the store, so I just ordered the Koss online. Hopefully it lives up to the hype!

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #5,977 of 9,815
If I was choosing I'd go with the TBSE1's but we don't have any Tuesday Morning's here in Canada... :frowning2:

Oct 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #5,978 of 9,815
Quote:

The HM3 has been lower before (without stand) and has multiple clones that can be found at this price any day. The Koss is a pretty good deal for the TB version but the regular DJ100 can be found at $50 often. The ZX701 is identical to the ZX700 (but with a remote cable) which as far as I know has never been lower than $80 (and still well regarded at it's $120 MSRP) so on value alone, the Sony is probably the better deal.

Oct 2, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #5,979 of 9,815
Quote:

I picked up both the Sony and the Koss over the past couple days. They're both still new to my ears but I find myself preferring the sound on the Koss and the comfort on the Sony. I'll most likely end up selling one, but I want to give them more time to get used to their sound signatures before passing any judgement. Also, I like the native cord better on the Sony's, but the Koss is replaceable so I could always swap it out with something different.​
I'm also looking at some velour pads for the Koss online. Might try the Technics RP-DH1200 pads. Going to steal my DT250 pads from another set and try those on the Sony's. I'm not a fan of the warmth in the cups on both sets, but the pads on the Sony are better than those on the Koss.

Here's the graphs for the ZX700 (which is the ZX701 minus the iPod controls) and the TBSE.

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #5,980 of 9,815
The highly anticipated release of the Carbon nanotube JVC HAS400W and HAS400B shows as "in stock" at one store only..

NFM.com Retai: $40. Sale price (I think ends today) is 23.99.

If you spend more than $50 free shipping.

Website is giving trouble to some guys on the S400 thread. Seems only those with firefox are checking out successfully.

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #5,981 of 9,815
Hey guys wanted to let you know there is a shop that sells headphones at John Wayne Airport, CA  that is selling westone 3 and 4 for a great price. 

When I was there the other day westone 3 were going for 179.95 and westone 4 were going for 249.95.  Now that could have changed since I was there last but figured if someone was in the area and was looking for that they should go check it out.  I think the store was called InMotion entertainment.

Anways I have no ties with this store, I was just at the airport heading home from Disney and though i would mention it on here.

enjoy all

Oct 2, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #5,982 of 9,815
so i found out a guy who lives a few hours away from town is selling his ultrasone hfi 650 trackmasters for 90$. iv searched amazon and i couldnt find them. i only found "s-logic pro 650" and they cost atleast 150$. what do you think of these headphones? i wasnt actually looking to get anything but i stumbled onto this deal on a well known 2nd hand site and it looks like a pretty good deal to just turn it down . could i have some opinions on this please? im a hopeless newbe.  

edit: the condition is "brand new". he claims to have only used them a dozen times.

Oct 2, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #5,983 of 9,815
Pictures? The HFI cans and the Pro cans are fairly different looks wise.

Quote:
so i found out a guy who lives a few hours away from town is selling his ultrasone hfi 650 trackmasters for 90$. iv searched amazon and i couldnt find them. i only found "s-logic pro 650" and they cost atleast 150$. what do you think of these headphones? i wasnt actually looking to get anything but i stumbled onto this deal on a well known 2nd hand site and it looks like a pretty good deal to just turn it down . could i have some opinions on this please? im a hopeless newbe.  

edit: the condition is "brand new". he claims to have only used them a dozen times.

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #5,985 of 9,815
Quote:
Hey guys wanted to let you know there is a shop that sells headphones at John Wayne Airport, CA  that is selling westone 3 and 4 for a great price. 

When I was there the other day westone 3 were going for 179.95 and westone 4 were going for 249.95.  Now that could have changed since I was there last but figured if someone was in the area and was looking for that they should go check it out.  I think the store was called InMotion entertainment.

Anways I have no ties with this store, I was just at the airport heading home from Disney and though i would mention it on here.

enjoy all

Wow. That's a crazy price. You should've picked some up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back