The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Oct 1, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #5,956 of 9,815
I did a search and his ebay store showed up. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the SR850 listed there - only the cheaper HP10 for 18.99. That is the same price as the BestBuy deal. doh! Was it a mistake? However, there's still hope. The vendor happens to be an authorized Samson reseller. They should be able to correct the error if it indeed was.

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:26 PM Post #5,957 of 9,815
Really? 10% off plus free shipping is "hardly a deal" on a new item being sold by nearly everyone else for 300 dollars?

You can also check this ebay seller out. He has a gazillion feedbacks and is also selling at 269 plus a free 25 dollar itunes card. $30 off plus free ship plus sell the itunes card for 20 bucks = $249.00 That's over 15%. Best I can do for you.... :beyersmile:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-DT-1350-80-135080-DT135080-Closed-Back-Studio-Headphones-25-iTunes-/170831500983?pt=US_DJ_Monitoring_Headphones&hash=item27c659d6b7

Oct 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #5,960 of 9,815
Quote:
I did a search and his ebay store showed up. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the SR850 listed there - only the cheaper HP10 for 18.99. That is the same price as the BestBuy deal. doh! Was it a mistake? However, there's still hope. The vendor happens to be an authorized Samson reseller. They should be able to correct the error if it indeed was.

Hopefully they can, because I would feel bad having put up something that turns out bad. Pretty big mistake though; I guess it was good while it lasted......

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #5,964 of 9,815
HeadRoom 'B-Stock' Products here

(1) DT770 w/ 7' Cardas Balanced FatPipe Cable [HR internal use - as is / no warranty - w/ case] - $149
(1) DT880 w/ 10' Cardas Balanced FatPipe Cable [HR internal use - as is / no warranty - w/ case] - $199

Both look like a great deal, but don't know the condition of them, you'd have to call and ask.

Oct 2, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #5,965 of 9,815
Hello Everyone - I am sorry that my first post has to bring bad tidings...
Beware of the $20 SR850 deal. After finding this site (head-fi) and doing a bit of research I had decided they were a model I would like if I could find a screaming deal. I bought them through Buy.com's marketplace - the vendor was Front Row Electronics. The item page title and the whole description was all about the SR850 but the picture was of the HP10. I was hoping the error would be to our benefit (and if not it would be grounds for a prepaid return label and refund) but alas I received the HP-10. The good news is upon calling their customer service I was given a refund and told to just keep the (near worthless) item. 

Oct 2, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #5,966 of 9,815
Quote:
Hello Everyone - I am sorry that my first post has to bring bad tidings...
Beware of the $20 SR850 deal. After finding this site (head-fi) and doing a bit of research I had decided they were a model I would like if I could find a screaming deal. I bought them through Buy.com's marketplace - the vendor was Front Row Electronics. The item page title and the whole description was all about the SR850 but the picture was of the HP10. I was hoping the error would be to our benefit (and if not it would be grounds for a prepaid return label and refund) but alas I received the HP-10. The good news is upon calling their customer service I was given a refund and told to just keep the (near worthless) item. 

Yep, but now they have your information. I hope they're not spammers! doh!

Oct 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #5,968 of 9,815
Quote:

Well they are listed here: http://www.austinbazaar.com/Samson-SR850C-Professional-Studio-Headphones-p/sam-sr850c.htm

I think we might get burned...would be nice if they just sent them because its an obvious mistake in thier part but that might be hoping for to much.

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #5,969 of 9,815
Quote:
Well they are listed here: http://www.austinbazaar.com/Samson-SR850C-Professional-Studio-Headphones-p/sam-sr850c.htm

I think we might get burned...would be nice if they just sent them because its an obvious mistake in thier part but that might be hoping for to much.

I wouldnt worry. If it turns out anyone else here got the wrong item, you can bring back your unopened parcel to the carrier and tell them you want to reject delivery 

Oct 2, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #5,970 of 9,815
Quote:

I don't think anyone will get burned. If it's a mistake, I'm sure the vendor will correct it - whether it's your money back or actually getting the correct item. As for me, I'm in the limbo waiting game... but if you haven't ordered already, perhaps you can confirm with the vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back