The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Aug 1, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #4,816 of 9,815
Decided to try the new Citiscape Uptowns because they're promoed to $120 on Amazon right now. 

You'll have to contact customer service (live chat) because the promo isn't working right now apparently, but I got mine.

Been looking for a decent portable can recently and I thought I'd give this new one a shot.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #4,817 of 9,815
luckily I'm broke right now or there gonna be another pair 
redface.gif

Quote:
20% off "high-end headphones" at SonicElectronix.com w/ coupon code HPHONE20. Includes Beyerdynamic, AKG, Westone, and Grado. Shipping is free.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i354_headphones.html?affiliate=hifonics12&utm_source=hifonics12&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hifonics12

First time I've ever seen Grados discounted. Pretty sweet.

Aug 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #4,818 of 9,815
Aug 1, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #4,819 of 9,815

$38.95
$99.00
HARMAN K81DJ Akg Closed-Back Folding Dj Headphone for $38.95
Amazon.com Posted at 2012-08-01 11:53:29
Specifically designed for use at small clubs and parties / 3D-Axis folding mechanism / High sound pressure level ..... View More info

1. Click Hereand add to cart for$38.95 + Free Shipping
  2. Note: Amazon.com changes price frequently so deal may expire at any time. Please refer to post time to see when deal was posted

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4,821 of 9,815
Quote:
Decided to try the new Citiscape Uptowns because they're promoed to $120 on Amazon right now. 

You'll have to contact customer service (live chat) because the promo isn't working right now apparently, but I got mine.

Been looking for a decent portable can recently and I thought I'd give this new one a shot.

The CitiScape Uptown still shows as $149.99, so I emailed Amazon about it. Just thought I'd help them out by telling them about it. They gave me the wrong info. The Discover card code has nothing to do with the sale...

Here's my email to them:

Amazon is having a sale on the following item:

Philips SHL5905GY/28 CitiScape Uptown Headphones (Gray)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Z1J2JI

Someone forgot to adjust the price. It should be $119.99, but the product page still shows $149.99. Please have it adjusted on the website so that everyone will see it. Some people might not buy it because the price is not adjusted.

This item is being sold direct from Amazon.

Here's what it says on the product page:

"Save 20% on Philips CitiScape Uptown Headphones

Through August 31, 2012, or while supplies last, Philips CitiScape Uptown headphones(gray) are just $119.99 when you buy from Amazon.com--20% off the list price."

Here's the response:

Hello,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding caused in this regard.

I've checked and researched for the item "Philips SHL5905GY/28 CitiScape Uptown Headphones (Gray)" on our website and see that there are some special offers on this item.

Going further the 20% discount will be applied if you purchase this item "using your Discover card with Free one-day shipping" from August 31, 2012. And you need to enter the following code "DSCVRFSP" at checkout process.

Hence, the price for the item is $149.99 only and we're not changing the price directly on the website to $119.99.

For your reference, I'd like to let you know the exact details of this promotion. Here is the direct link where you can find all the details regarding the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/A8Q5J2HSMDYIV

Otherwise you can find the information about the promotion under the tab "Special Offers and Product Promotions".

Aug 1, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #4,822 of 9,815
The CitiScape Uptown still shows as $149.99, so I emailed Amazon about it. Just thought I'd help them out by telling them about it. They gave me the wrong info. The Discover card code has nothing to do with the sale...

Here's my email to them:

Amazon is having a sale on the following item:

Philips SHL5905GY/28 CitiScape Uptown Headphones (Gray)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Z1J2JI

Someone forgot to adjust the price. It should be $119.99, but the product page still shows $149.99. Please have it adjusted on the website so that everyone will see it. Some people might not buy it because the price is not adjusted.

This item is being sold direct from Amazon.

Here's what it says on the product page:

"Save 20% on Philips CitiScape Uptown Headphones

Through August 31, 2012, or while supplies last, Philips CitiScape Uptown headphones(gray) are just $119.99 when you buy from Amazon.com--20% off the list price."

Here's the response:

Hello,

I'm sorry for any misunderstanding caused in this regard.

I've checked and researched for the item "Philips SHL5905GY/28 CitiScape Uptown Headphones (Gray)" on our website and see that there are some special offers on this item.

Going further the 20% discount will be applied if you purchase this item "using your Discover card with Free one-day shipping" from August 31, 2012. And you need to enter the following code "DSCVRFSP" at checkout process.

Hence, the price for the item is $149.99 only and we're not changing the price directly on the website to $119.99.

For your reference, I'd like to let you know the exact details of this promotion. Here is the direct link where you can find all the details regarding the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/promotions/details/popup/A8Q5J2HSMDYIV
ir

Otherwise you can find the information about the promotion under the tab "Special Offers and Product Promotions".

Here's what I did...Set up the order and contacted live chat support when it wasn't discounted. I was told to complete the order and then they marked down the price manually.

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #4,823 of 9,815
Quote:

I was wondering the same thing too, why the promotion wasn't showing up, even at checkout. Good to know I weren't the only one :)

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #4,826 of 9,815
I'm hoping they sound good. I figured I'd take the plunge since many haven't made it yet. 

If it can equal or best the Koss Pro DJ100 it'll be a contender. Many are preferring it over the M50 (not surprising to me), but at it's regular price tag of $150 it's getting close to that magic $199 portable can mark.

Quote:

Dare I say, they look quite stylish. wonder how they will sound.

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #4,828 of 9,815
Looks like Amazon adjusted the CitiScape Uptown's price to $119.99; both black and gray colors. Glad they corrected the mistake.

Also, the brown/black CitiScape Downtown is $70.67 on Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Accessories-SHL5605BK-28-Headphones/dp/B0072B9VW8

Aug 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #4,829 of 9,815
Quote:
Looks like Amazon adjusted the CitiScape Uptown's price to $119.99; both black and gray colors. Glad they corrected the mistake.

Also, the brown/black CitiScape Downtown is $70.67 on Amazon right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Accessories-SHL5605BK-28-Headphones/dp/B0072B9VW8

I tried to find some other ones that may be discounted, no luck. I really wish Amazon just listed all the headphones that are discounted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back