The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Apr 30, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #3,121 of 9,815
$10 headphone stand with basket for holding other stuff, like fruit or your wallet. :D

http://www.buy.com/prod/2-in-1-banana-hook-fruit-bowl-basket-stainless-steel-apple-orange/228256646.html

Depending on what headphones, I'd be afraid that the hook digs into the headband. Especially with cans like beyers which have a soft leather headband and metal build (which makes them heavy), the hook might damage the headband. I guess you could fashion some sort of cardboard to place over the hook and distribute the weight more evenly....

Apr 30, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #3,122 of 9,815
I'd rather pay 558$ for a brand new pair as well. Believe me guys, you don't want to know what's been done to refurbs sometimes. I do it on a daily basis as I work in sales in a hifi shop. I hate doing it, and hate selling the products (mainly headphones) afterwards; but it's part of my job.

I'm never going to buy something electronic used ever again, unless I know the person that previously owned it.

Another aspect to think about is some people might mod their headphones in an irreversible way and might not inform you of this. For example, some people to deal with headphones that clamp too much (especially if they have big heads) will stretch out the headband to loosen the clamping. Most people would fail to mention that in a sales thread and the new owner might be stuck with headphones that don't clamp enough.

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #3,127 of 9,815
Any good deals on a Denon D5000?

You've activated my trap card.
1052089-multi_face_palm_super.png

Honestly. Literally 2 posts above there's a link.

Apr 30, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #3,130 of 9,815
Can we make a rule that no more Denon deals are allowed in this thread?  This is just ridiculous.

Considering they are discontinued, no. Wait a month then they will disappear forever.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #3,134 of 9,815

BAZIRKER'S GUIDE TO BUYING DENON D-series HEADPHONES

1.)  Go on EE and check the price (make sure to check for open box items)
2.)  Go on Amazon and check the price (see above)
3.)  Use Google to see if you can beat either of the prior two
4.)  Order from place with cheapest price, and enjoy.

Quote:
While there are a lot of posts relating to denon headphones, it's not difficult at all to press "next page".

No, it isn't, but it's irritating when I hit "next page" and it's deals from the same two sellers on the same three models of headphones over and over and over and over.  I'm unsubscribing, maybe to return in a few months when the majority of the posts on each page aren't covered by the four steps I just described above.

/grumpy
//wife is 40 weeks pregnant
///probably has something to do with my increased grumpiness
////sorry
/////slashies, anyone else read fark?
/////oh wait, I just unsubscribed, so I won't see your response...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back