The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
Nov 30, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #1,443 of 9,815
Dec 1, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #1,444 of 9,815
Just bought used Denon d2000 on amazon from Electronic Expo.
Description said New in Open Box. Includes all original accessories. AUTHORIZED DEALER!!!
Pretty scared as these are my first headphones, but I hope they'll look and work ok.

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #1,445 of 9,815
LOL you got D2000 as your first headphones? You spoiled little butthead :p

You're going to have a very hard time finding other headphones that compare without paying a kidney and your first born now! lol

Congrats on your purchase dude, welcome to the scene!

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #1,446 of 9,815
The D2000 is an amazing first headphone because if you dump some more money into it with new cups, pads, etc it's fantastic...And it scales well as you go up the gear chain. 

Welcome to the scene indeed.

Quote:
LOL you got D2000 as your first headphones? You spoiled little butthead :p

You're going to have a very hard time finding other headphones that compare without paying a kidney and your first born now! lol

Congrats on your purchase dude, welcome to the scene!

Dec 1, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #1,447 of 9,815
Five years later I'm still married to my D2000s, and am only now considering a side-grade to Grado for a change of pace. I haven't had a chance to listen to any super high end headphones (except GS1000, which I did not prefer over D2000), but really there will be only incrementally small improvements from this starting point, mostly in taste rather than performance. Definitely look into getting an AMP/DAC, the improvement in bass control and depth is IMMEDIATELY noticeable, for me at least. Then again, I probably know the ins and outs of this headphone to a tee by now. A word of caution though, be gentle with them as mine suffered the screw problem (might be fixed in later productions) but I still love them, duct tape, glue and all LOL

Dec 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #1,448 of 9,815
While that's debatable my best suggestion would be to start experimenting with mods. The D2/5/7 has some great mods that really make them world class.

Quote:
Five years later I'm still married to my D2000s, and am only now considering a side-grade to Grado for a change of pace. I haven't had a chance to listen to any super high end headphones (except GS1000, which I did not prefer over D2000), but really there will be only incrementally small improvements from this starting point, mostly in taste rather than performance. Definitely look into getting an AMP/DAC, the improvement in bass control and depth is IMMEDIATELY noticeable, for me at least. Then again, I probably know the ins and outs of this headphone to a tee by now. A word of caution though, be gentle with them as mine suffered the screw problem (might be fixed in later productions) but I still love them, duct tape, glue and all LOL

Dec 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #1,449 of 9,815

Quote:
The D2000 is an amazing first headphone because if you dump some more money into it with new cups, pads, etc it's fantastic...And it scales well as you go up the gear chain. 

Welcome to the scene indeed.

Ohh headfi......
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #1,451 of 9,815
Don't think I'm relly supposed to do this but the FS forums keep giving me issues right now.

If anyone wants a pair of TF10s PM me. I'm just looking to get my money back on them. I like the sound but I don't think I'll be able to get my planned stuff in January without this 100 bucks back.

I'm asking 120 USD (including CONUS shipping and PayPal fees, if you want it in Canada it'll be a bit extra). The 120 isn't an attempt to flip it's an attempt to get my initial 105 back and cover shipping and fees.

I can still return them, but I know some of you wanted them so I'll give Head-fi a shot first.

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM Post #1,452 of 9,815

Quote:
Not saying you need that stuff but it's a great way to get cheap upgrades down the line rather than a completely new can.

Haha I'm just joking around. It seems to be very much in the headfi spirit to promote the emptying of wallets.

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:33 AM Post #1,453 of 9,815
Amazon is having a lightning deal on HD600 on friday 9:15 PST. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back